The John Wardley Interview - Questions

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Blaze

What are the current plans, if any, for the Black Hole site? Will any new attraction make use of the existing structure?
Deleted

Q. John. Who looks more like Jasper Carrot? .. You? or Jasper Carrot?
Blaze

[quote=""Kryn""]Q. John. Who looks more like Jasper Carrot? .. You? or Jasper Carrot?[/quote]
Seconded. Thirded. Fourthed. :lol:
Voke

[quote=""Blaze""]What are the current plans, if any, for the Black Hole site? Will any new attraction make use of the existing structure?[/quote]

Second.
mattbailey

What is your ideal pizza?

Beer or Wine?

Coke or Pepsi?

Digestives or Bourbons?

Dairy Milk or Milkybar?

Disney or Universal?

Mac or PC?

BBC or ITV?
Blaze

What was/will be your reaction at seeing the articles about you on the wiki? :lol:
Tom G

[quote=""Nathan""]Would you ever consider working with a smaller UK park, such as Lightwater Valley, and the tighter budget constraints that come with it?[/quote]

Seconded.
[Archive]

If Merlin didn't want him to work for them, then he would still be in retirement. So, no, I doubt he will ever work for a non-Merlin theme park.
Blaze

How long, is your pe...

on second thought, best we don't go there :P
fredward

As christmas is coming ever closer we all get ready to settle down with our family's and enjoy the holidays...

When is your birthday so we know when to celebrate Wardmas!

but seriously, I second the post asking for the SW locations! I'm surprised noone has mentioned this earlier!
Blaze

Yep, SW tag question is a must.
formula1fan

1) Where do you envisage Alton Towers to be in ten years time?

2) Excluding SW7, how many more rides do you think you will design for Alton Towers?
Tom G

[quote=""Ritadz""]That's the coaster section's top speed, the freefall drop's speed is 67 MPH.[/quote]

That's actually incorrect. I embarrassingly reported it as such on my website earlier this week before the error was pointed out to me.

Well, assuming the drop is complete free fall (not a resisted or accelerated drop), and is around 20 feet, then it's dropping speed is going to be no greater than 25-30mph.

I would like to know the exact height of the drop.
seanyboyuk

Knowing Merlin being a corporate giant i think JW will be tied to work with them only most likely.

It would be nice for other parks to get his help but i just cant see it. I do agree if LWV had the budget
JW could make a few masterpieces there, specially inside the ultimates layout, he could make one of
his dream woodies for us all to enjoy there.
James6

Any possible changes to reduce/remove the trims?

Did you/anyone ride Th13teen before the trims were added?

:)

By the way, such a great opportunity and thanks to everyone involved in organising it.
If you go down to the Towers today, you\'d better ride Th13teen. :P
TheMan

:mrgreen: 2 QUESTIONS:

First: If you had complete free reign to design a fantasy SW7... no budget constraints, no irksome planning restrictions (yes, it pushes imagination barriers agreed, but is still very restrictive), WHAT would YOUR dream SW7 be?

Second: Can you pinch Melins Chequebook, ignore the council and build it anyway please?

(Then cue some JAZZZZZZ muuusik)

NICE :mrgreen:

TheMan

---------------------AND A THIRD QUESTION (probably, the most important one too)!---------------------

Did you realise that thrillseekers etc, apparently have a specific Gene that makes us this way! Knowing this, if you could harness this power, would you create special Genetically Modified Coaster Enthusiasts?

Please ask him that question! - Lets have a bit of fun too, but the science is real!
YOU CAN SAVE YOUR THANKSIES, I\'LL HAVE A PINT OF BANKS\'S!
Blaze

Maybe SW7 should have a chemical in it's queue that sends that gene into overdrive to make it even more thrilling :lol:
Danny

Would you kindly go out into the gaming industry and demand they make The Adventures Of John Wardley?
Blaze

Or the book industry with Where's Waldey? Or Where's Warldey?

Or religion? Us Warldeyist need our God to recognise us :P
DiogoJ42

Well, ignoring the spam, there are a few questions already asked that I would also like to know the answer to:

*Which supports are sand filled?
*Where are the SW tags?
*Have you read the TT wiki, and are you scared yet? :P
*How does it feel to be idolised by a bunch of coaster geeks? I work with celebrities on a daily basis and couldn't care less. But when I met you I was star struck for the first time in my life!

I know Rowe has a couple of questions that I also want to know about, but I will let her post them first when she gets home.