Shrek & General attraction discussion for 2011?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
HarveyButterfield

Shrek? You have to be kidding me. Shrek's final movie came out this summer. There is no more growth for it. Please, Alton, don't invest into something that will die out by the time it is built!
Rita is my mum!
Pennywise

[quote=""HarveyButterfield""]Shrek? You have to be kidding me. Shrek's final movie came out this summer. There is no more growth for it. Please, Alton, don't invest into something that will die out by the time it is built![/quote]

Actually no, a 5th movie is looking very likely.

:)
Rollercoaster5000

I hope your kidding :shock: . The last film was utter rot :x . It was even marketed as the final chapter! Urgh hoy vey it's become one those franchises that never seems to end #-o.

Do like the idea of a Shrek 4D though, if it happens. Would prefer them to do something that was entirly their own concept though.
siralgenon

Ok then, Shrek 4D, before i start id like to say that i have a quite good design sense (not being big headed) i think a Shrek 4D attraction would be great for the resort and 99% it will go in the ice skating tent, this is why:

Shrek is a fairy tail so it will be placed in STORYBOOK LAND, home of the tent

Shrek lives under a tree, infont of the tent is a tree like house the entrance to the tent, themeing already there!

On the exit of the rink is a shop, already themed as a burrow with tree routes etc. also shrek theming.

in the end this is the perfect location for Shrek 4D, and if Merlin get top notch themeing as usuall they'll have a great family attraction!

SIR ALGENON
Voke

Some good idea's there. But I doubt they would retheme Storybook Land, it just wouldn't be right, and i'd doubt they would shed out to retheme and area two years in a row (Dark Forest & This?)

I suppose they would need to reinforce the Ice Tent if it was to be housed there, how long does a cinema type structure building take to construct, surely there pushing it abit thin?
siralgenon

i didnt mean re-theme Storybook Land i meant that surley Shrek would fit in to Storybook Land's theme.
Also over the last 3 years they have re-themed 3 lands (Mutiny Bay 08, Cloud Cuckoo Land 09, Dark Forest 10)

SIR ALGENON
[Archive]

i'd doubt they would shed out to retheme and area two years in a row (Dark Forest & This?)
You forget 2008 and 2009's rethemes:

Merrie England >> Mutiny Bay (2008)
Cred Street >> Cloud Cuckoo Land (2009)
Ug Land >> Dark Forest (2010)

So a fourth spruce up in a row would be very nice to see. Something that the "Shrek universe" would fit into nicely (maybe Storybook Land is fine how it is?), but please not a full on "Shrek Land". Please!
Russell

Well here are the aforementioned pictures! Sorry its taken me all day to put them up!
Since April 2008
moog666

Still think this is a bit of an over-reaction to a peice of theming considering we dont have a shred of evidence suggesting a 4D cinema.

If you must make jokes about Steve Jobs, Try to keep them PC.
Pennywise

[quote=""moog666""]Still think this is a bit of an over-reaction to a peice of theming considering we dont have a shred of evidence suggesting a 4D cinema.[/quote]

But a number of people in this thread have posted saying that they were already aware of this development and were just waiting for it to become public information. :?
Vik

Anyone would think that Towers wanted us to see it. :P

Either that or someone is going to get the roasting of theirs lives for simply leaving a door ajar. Thanks for the photos Russell. :D
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

moog666

[quote=""Air Dan""][quote=""moog666""]Still think this is a bit of an over-reaction to a peice of theming considering we dont have a shred of evidence suggesting a 4D cinema.[/quote]

But a number of people in this thread have posted saying that they were already aware of this development and were just waiting for it to become public information. :?[/quote]

But have any specificly mentioned a 4D cinema? (If they have then my apologies this topic is moving at a hell of a rate)

aru

Is that the only shred of evidence - the word 'Shrek' written in biro on a bit of plastic?
Big C

Well, i think they wanted us to see it.

Alton know how eagle eyed some of us are so why not? Stir up some conversation, get us talking about our opinions on this possiblity, might change their plans because of our comments on here!

Smart move Alton. I like it though how the name SHREK is tilted towards the door and in biro. Maybe a little birdie fooled us all? :lol:
Secret submission lover.
Who doesn't love that comfy piece of chance?

I am a brass band nerd, deal with it!
moog666

It might not even be new theming, the reason it isn't painted could be that there was clothing on it.

Chris W

Its certainly likely that this is relating to next years 4D cinema, the towers are a great place to store random stuff. Alton should really be more careful when it comes to leaving doors open though...

These things are planned many months in advance, it seems very likely that Shrek will be here for 2011 and I doubt any plans will be changing about the Intellectual Property. The current Shrek 4D film is a bit dated imo, so I'm still holding out hope that it could be a custom film.

And I certainly don't doubt any of the sources who believe we will be getting a 4D cinema.
Slappy McGuire

I suppose another way to look at it is this; better a likely temporary Shrek 4d cinema show, than a permanent Shrek Area. Long term though, I can't help but think a tie up with Dreamworks in some form or other is very possible, just as the same is likely to be true of Chessington and Nintendo.
DiogoJ42

[quote=""moog666""]It might not even be new theming, the reason it isn't painted could be that there was clothing on it.[/quote]
Those photos look more like a mould than the actual model.
onair

[quote=""DiogoJ42""][quote=""moog666""]It might not even be new theming, the reason it isn't painted could be that there was clothing on it.[/quote]
Those photos look more like a mould than the actual model.[/quote]

Yes i think that is a mould that maybe was used for the Madame Tussauds Shrek figure.
Chaz

Here's my input...

Could this not be the working of a suit for an entertainer? Seeing as there's no head etc.

This could be completed for next summer when 'Shrek Visits the Resort'? As part of the new 'family-focused' year?

I do think we've jumped ahead of ourselves at the moment.
1ne, 2wo, 3hree, 4our, 5ive, 6ix, se7en, ei8ht, 9ine, t10n, e11even, tw12ve, th13teen

www.facebook.com/charliemarsh7