Future of the Dark Forest

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Dom

themeing it to look like a tree wouldnt be a big issue and the chains on the chairs could represent the chains on the oak tree in the hex story. and the spinning and tilting side of the ride could be it fighting back against both the curse of the witch and the dark forest
Henry

I know what you mean but if AT just coloured it brown and painted it a bit, it wouldn't be as good.

Anyway Rita needs a tunnel and the queue line needs changing, maybe with sections going round theming
Credit to Lewis97 for the signature!
Hari

Henry wrote: I like the idea. Didn't there used to be a waterbomb place in Ugland or am i being totally stupid? If there was, that could be a possible ride location.
No you are correct. Its still there I think, next to the are where UG Swinger used to be! Maybe they could even get rid of that to make more room in my idea! Who knows!
altontowersbarlow wrote: This is my ride idea I posted about 4 weeks ago on a different post about new rides for dark forest.

air

Re: Future of the Dark Forest

« Reply #269 on: 11 Mar 2013 @ 03:52PM »

Ok so here is what my ride would be you see a building like thirteens station you enter and their is a soundtrack saying the story continues you sit on a circle shaped carrige and your taken into a room that is pitch black a video screen comes on and plays a little pre-show like the nemmesis story it would say something like taking over for years the rabid tangles of the dark forest have unleashed fear in explores hearts from the discovery of thirteens wrath and the fearsome escape of rita have always stayed unexplained. at this point  the room should turn completely dark and lights should flash in your face and voices should say secrets are never meant to be discovered suddenly your cart will start spining as the ride will basicly be an enclosed dark disko type ride but wilth vertical sections getting faster and faster and also moving back and forth as ive already explained like disko and instead of nemesis sub terra effects like a back poker tiny lights in the corner of the room should reveal insects scuttling and then complete darkness again as you hit the vertical section  on board effects should make you feel like you have insects crawling on your face meanwhile a huge hole in the wall should appear ( not visable to riders) this time your cart will travel all the way into the hole and the room will go black again as you are launched to the top of a huge vertical section you are held vertical and then the lights quickly snap back on to reveal a wraith right in your face shoot out of the wall and as the lights snap off quickly you fall all the way back down the vertical section while spinning and then back into the station still screaming (hopefully) please share your view thank you  but please do not take my idea copyright to me  :D
Its completely different, so don't go there... -_-
Last edited by Hari on Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NR
Altontowersbarlow

I was deffinatley not saying you copied my idea I just didnt make it clear I was just genarly saying it was my idea thats all not directly to you I apollogise greatly to you :oops:
Heisenberg96

If I'm correct there's free space to the far left of the area? I'm sure it's just woodland that doesn't link with the TH13TEEN woods, so you could just build in it and connect it up with DF.
clayj

Revisit & adapt old plans...

Theme these as evil vines & place at the bottom corner of DF where Boneshaker used to be by the entrance to Rita & Thirteen... Could make some nice near misses with Rita (yes she's here to stay)
[align=center]Image

ɹǝןıɯs ǝɥʇ[/align]
Altontowersbarlow

Yes I want this to be built amazing
JaykeAT

Honestly,I can't see the dark forest changing until RITA goes,which I think could be within the next 5-6 years,after that,I think they should look at a dark ride there,and maybe a flat.
Liam B

why does everybody hate rita?! its awesome!!
clayj

I think its a good ride but in the wrong part of the park. Although I would love too see it moved to another park or atleast themed to match the rest of DF - But I cant see it happening
[align=center]Image

ɹǝןıɯs ǝɥʇ[/align]
ukparknews

Rita grows on me every year, as does Th13teen.
The space to the left of Th13teen's entrance, where Ug Swinger used to stand does look like an area forgotten though - it'd be nice to see a new flat ride there. Not Robocoasters though; the throughput & queues would be awful.
UK Park News - Your Dedicated Theme Park Resource

www.ukparknews.co.uk
Alton13Nemesis

I personally think the next Dark Forest ride needs to be, well, a dark ride!

I think that an indoor, nemesis sub terra style ride would we good, but going upside down is a must!

How about "entity". an indoor dark ride which is themed around the th13teen crypt but its like all the ghosts and spirits start playing with your mind (a bit like the smiler "confusion" concept) basically an indoor mini max spin ride with a pre show and heavy theming.
insidethetowers network
Boz

Topics merged, please ensure a similar topic does not already exist, before creating a new one.
Thanks 8)
clayj

I had moment of inspiration/possible madness earlier.. I know most people really don't seem to like Rita and knock it's ride experience purely on the fact that it doesn't fit with the "potential" theme of the DF... What if they tried to introduce other flats which sit alongside Rita, such as rides found in carnivals etc ? The story line could be that a traveling fair had come to Alton Towers & tried to setup only to come across the ghost of the beggar, who in turn placed a curse upon the rides... The rides could be themed covered in the DF vines & the colour scheme, look & feel of the carnival of screams.

This way, 13 would be the odd ball in DF(rather then Rita), but would then fit in with the evolved theme ??
[align=center]Image

ɹǝןıɯs ǝɥʇ[/align]
rhino18

^Yeah, but, unfortunately AT have already decided what's going in Dark Forst and stuff. Silly theme about wraiths and stuff. :lol: Rita's supposed to help you escape or whatever, so that's how the tie it in with the Dark Forest theme. Didn't they vaguely paint some grey drycoats onto it?
DrReeve

Regarding Rita's theme. Think we have been outdone. Desert race at heide park is the exac same ride as Rita but it seems better themed
https://www.google.co.uk/search?um=1&hl ... Ax4kd_M%3A

http://www.bannister.org/coasters/parks/heide_park.htm

http://www.themeparkreview.com/parks/ph ... inkid=4687
Image credit to Lewis97
Pennywise

Following the apparent commercial success at Thorpe Park of turning X forwards and turning the back rows of Swarm backwards, has anybody considered the possibility that Alton might decide to turn Th13teen backwards as part of a 'low investment' year (which should be next year, I think)?

Consider that Th13teen, whilst a good coaster in many ways, has failed to impress thrill seekers on the level that the marketing suggested, and also that the ride layout would undoubtedly be perfectly suitable for riding backwards and I think Merlin might have a potential idea to tinker with there. Now, no doubt it's not going to be as simple as just 'turning the trains around' but if they decided to revisit the Dark Forest and perhaps install a flat ride there in a future year (UG Swinger site) wouldn't it massively boost marketing to be able to boast 'and now you can also brave Th13teen backwards'.

For the record, I don't particularly like the idea myself, but if it's plausible (and I can't see why it wouldn't be) then I think it's the kind of idea that Merlin might consider... thoughts? 
alpha.jacob

Definitely it means that they are going to install some few new swings and rides. Another opportunity for fun. :)
Altontowersbarlow

D4n wrote: Following the apparent commercial success at Thorpe Park of turning X forwards and turning the back rows of Swarm backwards, has anybody considered the possibility that Alton might decide to turn Th13teen backwards as part of a 'low investment' year (which should be next year, I think)?

Consider that Th13teen, whilst a good coaster in many ways, has failed to impress thrill seekers on the level that the marketing suggested, and also that the ride layout would undoubtedly be perfectly suitable for riding backwards and I think Merlin might have a potential idea to tinker with there. Now, no doubt it's not going to be as simple as just 'turning the trains around' but if they decided to revisit the Dark Forest and perhaps install a flat ride there in a future year (UG Swinger site) wouldn't it massively boost marketing to be able to boast 'and now you can also brave Th13teen backwards'.

I dont like the idea of Alton towers copying thorpe park it dosent seem right.

For the record, I don't particularly like the idea myself, but if it's plausible (and I can't see why it wouldn't be) then I think it's the kind of idea that Merlin might consider... thoughts?
DrReeve

D4n wrote: Following the apparent commercial success at Thorpe Park of turning X forwards and turning the back rows of Swarm backwards, has anybody considered the possibility that Alton might decide to turn Th13teen backwards as part of a 'low investment' year (which should be next year, I think)?

i remember seeing something about thirteen forwards but apparently the back of the bottom of the drop section  isn't aswell themed / drop mechanism hidden as the front
Image credit to Lewis97