Future of the Dark Forest

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Heisenberg96

Themeing for the dark forest is fantastic...but there is a lack of rides. I'd say they should expand the dark forest as far as Hex purely for how well TH13TEEN and Hex would pair up. Add a couple of flats or maybe even another coaster and dark forest could definitely contend with the likes of x sector or FV.
DrReeve

Heisenberg96 wrote: Themeing for the dark forest is fantastic...but there is a lack of rides. I'd say they should expand the dark forest as far as Hex purely for how well TH13TEEN and Hex would pair up. Add a couple of flats or maybe even another coaster and dark forest could definitely contend with the likes of x sector or FV.
well themed flats is what it needs to complement the coasters
Image credit to Lewis97
jamie.rivettcarnac

i was thinking about maybe a Valhalla tipe water ride in the dark forest can theme it with the dark forest theme as the log flume does look a bit of an eye sore where it is when your walking though the wood as they have cleared lots of trees when i went there in 1/2 term that would allso give space to exspand where the log flume is now and make it part of the haunted hallow as log flume passes the edge of there so maybe a broom coaster there witch people have talked about what do you think.
MJNemesis

Henry wrote: I definitely think that Dark Forest needs a new flat, I'd like to see something along the lines of Samurai at Thorpe themed to a supernatural tree gone 'wrong'. I heard that Samurai was more intense at Chessington so i'd like it to be more intense if Alton did get one.
Agreed! I was thinking the same thing as I was looking over some of the past posts. I do think Samurai was more intense at Chessington. I've never experienced anything else like it - Pulling some serious G's then at certain points it literally felt like you were falling to the ground. Great variation of forces from a flat. I was happy that it got moved to TP because I didn't really have a reason to visit Chessington anymore. But yes - back to the point - it does feel less intense at TP. I think it just doesn't rotate as fast. Shame it has a lot of downtime too.

Towers does need some more intense flat rides. Submission I've always hated and unfortunately Ripsaw is ruined by the terrible ride ops (whether intentional or not). Nowhere near as good as I remember Rameses Revenge in the earlier days.

I've got an idea: a 'Zierer Starshape'. There was one I stumbled upon at Blackpool a few years ago. My favourite flat rides: Top Scans (Samurai) and Inverted Pirate Ships. Some genius decided to combine them and created one of the best flats I've ever been on. It could be themed like a giant spider or claw type thing but I've got a feeling it would be too tall for the locals to approve.
iriderides101

Samurai would be perfect in Dark Forest, I'd love to see a good filler ride to help Th13teen/ Rita on busy days, as well as add to the area it is definitely missing something.
Phild94

DrReeve wrote:
Heisenberg96 wrote: Themeing for the dark forest is fantastic...but there is a lack of rides. I'd say they should expand the dark forest as far as Hex purely for how well TH13TEEN and Hex would pair up. Add a couple of flats or maybe even another coaster and dark forest could definitely contend with the likes of x sector or FV.
IMO I don't understand why they didn't ever link Th13teen and Hex... I mean wouldn't it have been fantastic if it had turned out that the entire forest had been cursed by the old beggar and disturbing her grave (the tomb) made the forest attack.... would love a flat to explain this ...

Don't know how it could be done though and would require a slight re-theme of Th13teen but nothing major :/ just a thought

Credit to Lewis97 for the fantastic signature :D
jamie.rivettcarnac

Phild94 wrote:
DrReeve wrote:
IMO I don't understand why they didn't ever link Th13teen and Hex... I mean wouldn't it have been fantastic if it had turned out that the entire forest had been cursed by the old beggar and disturbing her grave (the tomb) made the forest attack.... would love a flat to explain this ...

Don't know how it could be done though and would require a slight re-theme of Th13teen but nothing major :/ just a thought
they could do that with a Valhalla tipe water ride but tide could be set in a church and as you go round in the boats it could tell you the story and with it being a church it will fit in well with the towers and the crypt story with 13 and hex story
Altontowersbarlow

i like the ideas of these dark rides explaining the forest like sub terra but thats just the thing we already have sub terra they need something new and deffinatley not these fair rides like  samuari at thorpe park and the spinmaster they are very tacky even if they had a retheme i dont think it could work i will post my idea below.
tallicay2k

Phild94 wrote:
DrReeve wrote:

Would love to see hex and DF merge and I must admit your idea sounds awesome about the old beggar and the surrounding woodland
SEEK...AND...DESTROY
Altontowersbarlow

Ok so here is what my ride would be you see a building like thirteens station you enter and their is a soundtrack saying the story continues you sit on a circle shaped carrige and your taken into a room that is pitch black a video screen comes on and plays a little pre-show like the nemmesis story it would say something like taking over for years the rabid tangles of the dark forest have unleashed fear in explores hearts from the discovery of thirteens wrath and the fearsome escape of rita have always stayed unexplained. at this point  the room should turn completely dark and lights should flash in your face and voices should say secrets are never meant to be discovered suddenly your cart will start spining as the ride will basicly be an enclosed dark disko type ride but wilth vertical sections getting faster and faster and also moving back and forth as ive already explained like disko and instead of nemesis sub terra effects like a back poker tiny lights in the corner of the room should reveal insects scuttling and then complete darkness again as you hit the vertical section  on board effects should make you feel like you have insects crawling on your face meanwhile a huge hole in the wall should appear ( not visable to riders) this time your cart will travel all the way into the hole and the room will go black again as you are launched to the top of a huge vertical section you are held vertical and then the lights quickly snap back on to reveal a wraith right in your face shoot out of the wall and as the lights snap off quickly you fall all the way back down the vertical section while spinning and then back into the station still screaming (hopefully) please share your view thank you  :D
clayj

I still stand by my idea of a heavily themed Huss Jump2 themed around the tree in chains hiddens down at the far end so from entering DF it blends in with the trees in the background.

http://www.hussrides.com/giant-rides/jump2.html

Would give a similar kinda look, feel to the whomping willow

[align=center]Image

ɹǝןıɯs ǝɥʇ[/align]
schmatt

clayj wrote: I still stand by my idea of a heavily themed Huss Jump2 themed around the tree in chains hiddens down at the far end so from entering DF it blends in with the trees in the background.
Defiantly agree! Its one of the only areas in the park where the height requirement will allow it to go and there's plenty of space for it down there. The theme will also fit the area perfectly. I've always thought that rita and th13teen need to have a cross over story with hex. I've made a little map of my ideal dark forest:

Rita will be renamed 'The Curse' and will have a much needed station to create some atmosphere, The station gates will become a full door creating a sort of pre-show room where a video plays similar to that of hex explaining the curse. The launch will be hidden by a pair of large swinging doors. Above of which is a large 'window' which is actually a projection screen. Before the launch a short clip will show on the screen of the oak tree being struck by lightning, as it hits a strobe goes off in the station fog rolls in and the doors open then launch.

Other rides in the area include a huss frisbee, huss jump2 and an enclosed ride. I originally had it planned to be the Alton Dungeons however due to the flop of Saw Alive im not sure if it would work well, so a indoor flat may work better possibly a top scan.

Ps. I finally found a possible route for Rita's queue to get rid of the cattlepens and free up some space :joy: Also managed to relocate 13's entrance actually close to the ride.
Last edited by schmatt on Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cookiee_munster

clayj wrote: I still stand by my idea of a heavily themed Huss Jump2 themed around the tree in chains hiddens down at the far end so from entering DF it blends in with the trees in the background.

http://www.hussrides.com/giant-rides/jump2.html

Would give a similar kinda look, feel to the whomping willow

i like that idea. id theme it to more a general tree than the actual tree in chains though. kinda spoils the mystery surrounding the original tree.

i do think there should be some kind of link between hex and the dark forest, its that paved area inbetween them (fountain sq) that just needs something to link them. possibly not a ride. but something...

i came up with an idea a while ago about the earl obtaining certain devices and tech from monks who experimented with the supernatural and science. The monks then could be linked to thirteens wraiths, and rita could actually be some kind of device they tried to develop to send you to the afterlife and back again.
Phild94

Phild94 wrote:
DrReeve wrote:

Just had an idea as to how the re-theme could be done even if to just please us enthusiasts.... in Th13teens crypt there could be a coffin against the wall with the image of the chained oak on and possibly a wrinkled hand coming from around the side of it being help back by the branches..... think the th13teen girl out of the adverts but as the old beggar, simple cheap and effective ..... MERLIN PAY ATTENTION XD

Credit to Lewis97 for the fantastic signature :D
Hari

Is there any space in Dark Forest? Where UG Swinger used to be maybe? Well, this is what I was thinking...

Wraith Revenge

A ride a bit like the Sartori Techno Jump but with Alton Towers' own twist. Hopefully to be constructed by Alton Towers like Adventure Island did with Time Machine.

A slower Techno Jump (Not by that much) with spinning cars that tilt a little. The cars are also themed to be like a coffin. You climb down into it and the door closes from above. I was thinking it could be in a building with a backstory, a little like Nemesis Sub Terra.

The ride will actually be underground, and the pre-shows and a simulator on the top level. The facade to look like a little bit 13's station but to look like a cemetary at the same time. The backstory is, Alton Pushed back the trees to reveal an abandoned cemetery. It was used in the late 1800's and has not been used since because 13 murders were committed there. Alton thought it was a coincidence considering they named their ride Th13teen. The park have allowed you to enter the cemetery as test subjects, but you didn't know what was coming.
Here is a Full Ride experience as a story...

You enter the creepy looking queue line that is located next to the horrifying cemetery. You hand in your bags at the luggage hold as you enter the Main Building. You are put in groups of about 20 to tour the cemetery. You walkthrough a creepy looking corridor into a room. They play a pre-show on how the cemetery was found (As I explained above) and how you are the test subjects. At the end of the clip, the exit doors open and you meet your creepy tour guide. They lead into another room with two staircases, one going up and one going down. Just as you are about to go upstairs. A huge piece of the ceiling falls infront of the stairs going up. The actor/tour guide says "I guess we are going down..." in a scary voice. You are lead downstairs and scary noises and bats screeching can be heard. The next thing you know it the tour is having some problems breathing, and collapses into a ditch. His last words are "Follow the path and you wont go.... ahhhhh!" then the ditch covers up. The ditch opens up again but with a creepy wraith inside. It points to the newly open door. It leads into the ride section. After the ride there are all of these wraiths chasing you yelling "GET OUT!" You run towards the exit and the light hurts your eyes.
THE END! Hope you enjoyed it! I know it isnt really possible but I thought it was pretty cool... :) Comment!
NR
Altontowersbarlow

This is my ride idea I posted about 4 weeks ago on a different post about new rides for dark forest.

air

Re: Future of the Dark Forest

« Reply #269 on: 11 Mar 2013 @ 03:52PM »

Ok so here is what my ride would be you see a building like thirteens station you enter and their is a soundtrack saying the story continues you sit on a circle shaped carrige and your taken into a room that is pitch black a video screen comes on and plays a little pre-show like the nemmesis story it would say something like taking over for years the rabid tangles of the dark forest have unleashed fear in explores hearts from the discovery of thirteens wrath and the fearsome escape of rita have always stayed unexplained. at this point  the room should turn completely dark and lights should flash in your face and voices should say secrets are never meant to be discovered suddenly your cart will start spining as the ride will basicly be an enclosed dark disko type ride but wilth vertical sections getting faster and faster and also moving back and forth as ive already explained like disko and instead of nemesis sub terra effects like a back poker tiny lights in the corner of the room should reveal insects scuttling and then complete darkness again as you hit the vertical section  on board effects should make you feel like you have insects crawling on your face meanwhile a huge hole in the wall should appear ( not visable to riders) this time your cart will travel all the way into the hole and the room will go black again as you are launched to the top of a huge vertical section you are held vertical and then the lights quickly snap back on to reveal a wraith right in your face shoot out of the wall and as the lights snap off quickly you fall all the way back down the vertical section while spinning and then back into the station still screaming (hopefully) please share your view thank you  but please do not take my idea copyright to me  :D
Henry

I like the idea. Didn't there used to be a waterbomb place in Ugland or am i being totally stupid? If there was, that could be a possible ride location.
Credit to Lewis97 for the signature!
Dom

i was thinking about this today. ive read on here about hex being included in the dark forest. yes i agree great idea. but i also think they could add charlie and twirling toadstools too. they could move twirling  toadstools nearer hex, re theme the ride like the chained oak from the hex legend. charlie could also get a retheme that turns into into some sort of child friendly story about the dark forest. the dark forest took over rita so whats it to stop them making it 'take over' the other rides.
Altontowersbarlow

Good idea about the twirling toad stools I like it :D
Henry

For the twirling toadstools, it would have to look like a tree and be really well themed to work
Credit to Lewis97 for the signature!