Gloomy Wood

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.

The new coaster planned for the gloomy wood.

it wont destroy the area will it? because i think that GW has a really good magic feel to it. even though the new ride sounds very interesting i hope it dousnt spoil GW

what do u think?
adamflack

This ride for Gloomy Wood isn't confirmed it is only one of the options they have for next year!
Phantom

Yeah, that seems probable and i hope it is built as my old topic More Rides For Gloomy Wood was my protest!
Gerstlauer Fanboy <3
cookiee_munster

[quote=""Megamixmick""]it wont destroy the area will it? because i think that GW has a really good magic feel to it. even though the new ride sounds very interesting i hope it dousnt spoil GW[/quote]

simple as, yes it will... i'm sorry its just my opinion, but ever since the arrival of duel the whole area has lost its magic and secluded kind of theme, no other haunted house had its own area in a theme park [from the theme parks i've been too anyway] even my favorite haunted attraction "the haunted mansion" at Disney World is surrounded by other stuff like buildings while The Haunted House was surrounded by its thick wood. now of course with the arrival of Zombies, the area has actually received this "Fun Fair" kind of theme, to me anyway...

Installing this Rollercoaster will only ruin it even more, that is if the rollercoaster has an amazing story/theme and Duel gets another makeover later on in the future to fit in with the coasters supposed magic theme, riding on giant broom sticks... hmmmm
doom+sons1988

I doubt that they would re-theme Duel again but I do agree that adding a other ride to Gloomy Wood wouldn't spoil the area.

I honestly don't know how they will theme this ride because DSuel seems to have a serious theme (news reports, Science etc) so i don't know how they will theme it to fit in the area.
"ERRRRRRRRRRR EXCUSE ME"
phillipvass

They should do a mini suspended coaster to liven things up a bit. :evil:
cookiee_munster

[quote=""doom+sons1988""]I doubt that they would re-theme Duel again but I do agree that adding a other ride to Gloomy Wood wouldn't spoil the area.

I honestly don't know how they will theme this ride because DSuel seems to have a serious theme (news reports, Science etc) so i don't know how they will theme it to fit in the area.[/quote]

hopefully if this coaster gets built it seems like its a bit away from the Duel house... so hopefully the whole secluded theme may carry on, though this is cool it gets bad because of this "own theme" in a different themed area kind of thing going on thats been happening lately around the park...
Nemesis_140

I remember a while back when I brought up a topic basically saying if you could put a new ride in Gloomy Wood what would it be. I got TOLD that there was no room for another ride in Gloomy Wood, and now everyone is like oh yeah that would be brilliant there...Hypocrites (i think i spelled it right)

I have my say now
:D
Squiggles

[quote=""Nemesis_140""]I remember a while back when I brought up a topic basically saying if you could put a new ride in Gloomy Wood what would it be. I got TOLD that there was no room for another ride in Gloomy Wood, and now everyone is like oh yeah that would be brilliant there...Hypocrites (i think i spelled it right)

I have my say now
:D[/quote]

As it is there still isn't room in Gloomy Woods for it. A lot of the planned ride is in the area defined as the Gardens, it will be interesting to see how AT go about get planning permission for it.
Edwardo..... move me!
Phantom

[quote=""Nemesis_140""]I remember a while back when I brought up a topic basically saying if you could put a new ride in Gloomy Wood what would it be. I got TOLD that there was no room for another ride in Gloomy Wood, and now everyone is like oh yeah that would be brilliant there...Hypocrites (i think i spelled it right)

I have my say now
:D[/quote]

Yeah that was my topic
Gerstlauer Fanboy <3
Nemesis_140

No, mine was under a different name

Its starting to come out on a few sites now, Screamscape in particular which like TT doesn't post anything but NEWS on its site (not rumour), that the Booster Bikes was one of many options as adam flack told us and it was not the option chosen.

Please note the Adrian TTF said that TT does not post anything but news on the main site, and that the news on the main site was of a launched coster in Ugland, not gloomy.
doom+sons1988

I think that if they did add this booster bike coaster in Gloomy Wood, Duel's queue will get longer because of people who don't usually go there decide to go on it after riding the booster bike.
"ERRRRRRRRRRR EXCUSE ME"
Anonymous

All i can say on this after last night is that someone was keeping very quite about this last night but wasnt on another development. Personally, and the team will understand what im about to say, that what is put up on the main Towerstimes.co.uk site is what is more likley to happen throught the information they get from extreamly reliable sources. It is still "unclear" from the person I was talking to last night if the GW coaster will go ahead next year but from general information it is likely that something will probably happen there. Dont forget the plans for GW were only released a few weeks back. Other developments that have been released and from other evidence that has come to light is more likely to happen first. Their new boss, Russell Barnes, who I managed to see last night brefily while queueing to take part in this record attempt was in the area on the phone, seems to be taking drastic action with "Project Freedom" however like this high member of the staff said "they can now see why he has done what he done and the future is looking a lot brighter. Yes the staff didnt like him to begin with but things are about to change". Make of what this member of staff said how you like but i think he could be right. If I see this staff member again, and lets face it, someone with a red mohecan is not likely going to be forgot while being naked is he, that i will see if i can "chat to him" again :wink:
Ron_Mc_Don

I for 1 would love their to be 2 roller coasters built at the same time in totaly different ends of the park. If that did happen then it might mean that the queues for them could be shorter. But as it has been said nothing has been guaranteed as yet so we will have to wait and see.
cookiee_munster

id much prefer quality over quantity for a rollercoaster at Alton Towers... 2 launched rollercoasters... not very unique. one rollercoaster with a VERY strong theme and depth = :woo:, for me anyway.

[sarcasm]hope the park gets a second vertical drop rollercoaster for SW6 and paint it pink... no one would notice the difference![sarcasm]
Anonymous

I just had to bring this to peoples attentions....

Just been looking at my collection of pictures on photobucket and noticed something very intresting with this plan. Take a very close look at the plans again. Not fake just something I just found intresting about them. Could this be a red herring?

200 points to anyone who can spot one very obvious thing which appears to be wrong, a bonus of 500 if anyone can spot any others appart from the balloon ride part near Nemesis.
Satch

well, i cant see anything wrong, anywhere. im not even sure what i should be looking for, but nothing seems strikingly obvious to me.

any clues on what im looking for here?
duncs

Cant see any thing wrong myself. Perhaps I'm not looking hard enough.
Adz
Admin
Admin

Haunted House - Not Duel. and Log Flume - not The Flume.