You Know You're Addicted to Alton Towers (And TTF) When

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Islander

...when you have multiple different ride themes on your phone as ringtones for different groups of people. Also, when others state that your default ringtone, the Dolls House theme, is damn creepy. You promptly agree, they ask why the hell you use it, and you state that you're not sure :P

[quote=""DiogoJ42""]Blll, you scare me sometimes.[/quote]
Really? Only sometimes?

:lol:
Belleee94

-you associate smells with Alton Towers

- you convince your mum (who now feels sick after rollercoasters) to take travel sickness tablets so she doesnt miss out on nemesis
we were a little thrown when buying them because the man asked how long the journey was...
For some things there is no rational explanation, there is no way out. There is no happy ending to this story.
Welcome to the unknown, welcome to eternal darkness.

Welcome to....

OBLIVION!
Blaze

When you read half of the things on here and think "pah, ammature" :P
James6

When you know what and when things are going to happen, and when you can tell a ride has broken down or if you know something isn't right before it is announced. :P
If you go down to the Towers today, you\'d better ride Th13teen. :P
DiogoJ42

... When you know the location of every single target in Duel, and can hit them without looking.

... When spending a few days in the hotels, your other half declares they want a lie in on the third day, and you still get up at the crack of dawn to get the first monorail, leaving them in bed.
James6

When your a member of a geeky fanboy forum :lol:

And when you haven't needed a map in years and yet still get maps on the way out as a memento, even if you visit often :P
If you go down to the Towers today, you\'d better ride Th13teen. :P
JoshM

When you know more about the park and its coasters than a 30 year old.
Pennywise

... you defend rides like Submission & The Beastie, even though you know that they're dreadful.

... you come off rides and make remarks to friends like 'that was rougher than last time I rode it' and they stare at you blankly.

:P
Blaze

Beastie is amazing! And for me to defend Submission would take more than addiction :lol:

And James, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who gets a map on every visit :P
TurboJ

You create a series of characters that are all human versions of Alton attractions.

Ahem...

I also get a map on each visit...
Nightfall

Who doesn’t get a souvenir map to hang on the wall? :P

When you value items of clothing based on how many times you’ve worn them at Alton Towers.
[align=center]Image[/align]
Blaze

I don't hang them anywhere, I just get them, and I almost do that with clothes, but so far it's just 'I havn't worn that at Alton before' :P I think I'm turning really sad and/or female :P
AmayaAiYutaka

Whenever the number 13 is mentioned you have to whisper it. If you don't you feel as though you have failed...

When someone mentions Alton Towers you are suddenly their best friend :D

When your whole class knows you as 'the girl who's obsessed with Alton Towers' and they ask you if you are going at the weekend every single week.

When you describe a Nemesis as your 'baby' (which I have been known to do 8-[ )
From 3rd May 2010

Next Trip- 21st June 2015
Islander

[quote=""Air Dan""]... you come off rides and make remarks to friends like 'that was rougher than last time I rode it' and they stare at you blankly.[/quote]
... you come off rides and make remarks to friends like 'that was rougher than last time I rode her' and they stare at you blankly.

8-[
ThorpeParkGuru

When people send you Facebook Messages saying: ok your facebook statuses annoy me. 'this ride that ride this ride again that ride again' please stop ... thanks.

To which you reply: I'm really sorry if I annoy you but I am who I am :)

To which they reply: fair enough but not everyone cares about alton towers and what rise is closed down

To which you reply: Yeah I understand your point, but without trying to sound arrogant, it is my Facebook Profile, and I can put whatever I want. You should see my Twitter Page if you think I post alot to Facebook :)
JoshM

When you show our autograph book to your friends and they see John Wardleys signature and your friends ask you - "Who the hell is that".
[Archive]

When you persuade everybody else in your team to name themselves:

"The John Wardley Experience"
starbugger1303

When your sat on towerstimes at night in ATH, which i am doing right now :D

When your try to explain how each ride works to your friends and they just look at you with a blank expression 8-[

When your start to hum along to the theme music in the th13teen (or fou14teen) que :crazy:
John

When you catch yourself absent mindedly humming the 2007 temporary Rita/Ug Land music :oops:
Dean

[quote=""John""]When you catch yourself absent mindedly humming the 2007 temporary Rita/Ug Land music :oops:[/quote]

Casio Keyboard Demo Button Music = "Good Times" :D