You Know You're Addicted to Alton Towers (And TTF) When

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Blaze

I'm sure you all know how this works, simply suggest random reasons (true or otherwise) that show that you are overly addicted to Alton Towers...

YKYATATW...You want your children to go to Sir John Talbot School, despite the distance, just because of it's name :P

I'm counting on you to do better...
Last edited by Blaze on Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Dave

You hug a track support and say hi babes, even though you know its a inanimate, cold object with no feelings.
Islander

Well, in a similar vein to Blaze...

You know ... when you seriously consider getting in touch with an old school mate called Charles Talbot, and rekindling a friendship for no particular reason...
IAmJohnnyDisco

When you have Alton Towers dreams, they're not about the rides anymore, instead having all kinds of strange plots, with Alton as the default location.

You're absolutely shocked when people don't know every single technical detail about every ride.

Many significant life moments have taken place there.
Nightfall

You know when every conversation finds its way back to Alton.
(and believe me I’ve had that happen)
[align=center]Image[/align]
Rowe

- The park/any ride is mentioned on a daily basis in mid conversation.

- Your iTunes is brimming with theme park music.

- You get reeally peeved when someone says Thorpe Park is better.

- You spend ages trying to find the original Hex video and dialogue audio from the first half of the season... and fail.

- Mugs become a big part of your hot beverage drinking life.

- Park maps with a ten year difference are blue-tacked onto your bedroom wall.

- There's a seizure of excitement with any advert you come into contact with, be it a flyer; TV spot; holiday break coupon etc...

- TowersTimes is your haven.
Last edited by Rowe on Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Big Dave

When you suddenly get an urge to go to Alton Towers to hug an inanimate track support because of a topic on an Alton Towers fan website :P (see previous post ^^ lol)

When the sexiest sound you can think of is Nemesis roaring around its track.
Nightfall

When whispering Thirteen becomes a normal form of greeting.
[align=center]Image[/align]
Rob L

When you start going on a half weekly basis, which I did for 2 weeks in July! Was at Towers 6 days out of 12! :P

DiogoJ42

... When your manager puts "try to talk less about roller coasters" as a goal on your appraisal. (this actually happened to me)

... When you cba to get out of bed to go to Chessington, but can't sleep for a week before going to Alton.

... When you find yourself writing entries for the TT wiki.
teaves17

I didnt realise I was so addicted till I read most of these :chuckel:
TurboJ

... When you order half a pint of Black Hole bitter, and you don't drink.
NeilHD

When you try and use your Merlin pass to get a discount on a chocolate bar at the local newsagent.
Rowe

- You see the motorway/dual carriageway sign for the park whenever you're going up north and convince your parents/driver and passengers to take you there.

- You correct people on mistaking the ruins for a castle (I've found a lot of photos of the Towers named 'Alton Castle' and it's cringeworthy).
... You also correct people whenever they say 'The Nemesis'.

- Spending hours trying to find Merlin-composed music... and failing.
[Archive]

When you pretend to conduct an orchestra playing the Hex theme. Use 'mad professor'-style waxed hair for best effect.

When you have dreams about walking through the Haunted House during construction.

When the only music you listen to is Duel, Hex, Trommel's Tunnel and Final Chase. :mrgreen:

When you make a rap about John Wardley (almost got the lyrics done!). :wink:
Lauren

You find yourself liking any Alton Towers related status on facebook, regardless of if you know the person or not.
Stu

When someone asks you "How far is it from your house to the shops"

and you reply with something like...

"Errr about the distance from Rapids to Air maybe?"
henry96

- You almost punch people at thorpe for calling Nemesis inferno, 'Nemesis'.
- You always correct people who say rita goes '100mph' despite whether you know them or not.
- You lie to your parents about when vouchers run out so that 'they must take you or you'll have to pay :lol: '
- You can easily spend a few hours looking at Alton Towers related things on youtube. (oblivion queue line vids, thirteen adverts etc..)
- You feel the need to run (and push) past the people going to spinball at 10.02 am :P
- You get unusually pushy when in theme parks :')
- You plan with friends how you could hide in the gardens and come back the next day.
- Your dad drives you and friends there to stop you being so annoying. :lol:

Yeaah, guess I'm not the worst but there you go :D
starbugger1303

when you run down the monorail ramp shouting at the top of yoir voice " I'M HOOOMMEEE
UnleashedLlama

You know you're addicted to Alton Towers when:

If you overhear strangers in a shop or somewhere saying something as innocent as "the door closes behind you", you lose all inhibitions and having jumped to the conclusion that you know what they're talking about, you invade their conversation, by saying something like "Oh yes, Th13teen at Alton Towers?" (I can't fight the urge to do this!)

When your 3 year old child knows the names of the all the rides and your 6 year old knows the height, speed, age and manufacturer of a number of the rides.

If you work shifts, but have been known to go to Alton Towers in the morning and then drive straight to work for an evening shift.

Also, you know you're addicted to Alton Towers when you can't resist replying to a topic entitled 'you know you're addicted to Alton Towers when'.
New for 2011]