Forum Updates Log

Attraction Source and TowersTimes website news, comments and suggestions.
Nightfall

Just to say I like the changes to "no new post". The old system used to show all posts as new when you weren’t logged in. but the new system just shows greyed out icons which works better and reminds me to log in.
[align=center]Image[/align]
DiogoJ42

I have found a glitch with iPads and the new forum...
If I click the icon to take me to to a specific post, then try to scroll up or down the page from there, as soon as I take my finger off the screen, it jumps back to the post in question... And I can't stop it!
Jordan

I like the new buttons, especially the FamFamFam icons :) I'm surprised that phpbb are removing support for SubSilver2, isn't that their main template though? (not used phpbb in many years). I'm not a lover of the Facebook 'like' button, it seems very stalkerish how they can now track you around the web... :shock: but it's not intrusive on here so I don't mind.

Just a suggestion, for the post actions at the bottom right of a post, could they be kept consistent (ie all buttons, or all icons). You could use something like jQuery's Tipsy plugin for some nice hover messages if you used icons.

Just my two cents, keep up the good work! :clap: Looking forward to seeing the new site design.
Blaze

Diogo, that happens on my iTouch, too.

I'm liking the new buttons and stuff, but not keen on the Facebook stuff.
Joel

[quote=""DiogoJ42""]I have found a glitch with iPads and the new forum...
If I click the icon to take me to to a specific post, then try to scroll up or down the page from there, as soon as I take my finger off the screen, it jumps back to the post in question... And I can't stop it![/quote]

Nothing has been changed that could affect that.

Its happening though because you're scrolling up and down the page before its finished loading. so you need to wait for the blue bar to fully complete before you scroll up and down.

When you click a post link, it has an anchor element in the URL, and the last thing Safari (and most browsers do) after the page has loaded is to check the viewport is at that anchor point.

Because you've scrolled away from it in the mean time, Safari corrects it back to where it think it should be.

So yeah, can't fix that one because I've not changed anything to effect it, its just the way browsers work lol. The fix is not to scroll up/down until the page has loaded.
DiogoJ42

Nope, it happens even if I wait for the whole page to load. It only happened occasionally before the update, (probably because of what you said), but now it's constant. :?
Maybe you don't get that because you jailbroke yours?
Big Dave

loving the updates so far. site seems to take ever so slightly longer to load pages, but could just be my internet. so far i really like. :D
Joel

Yeah it might be a little slow first few pages you view as your browser will be pulling all the new content and caching it for speedier loading.

Should improve over a good browsing session. I must remember to enable gZip again too.

Oh btw diogo also - you should find that your iPad scrolling problem has been alleviated slightly, I hope.
Michaél

Yay! The profile/inbox/logout box thingy is back! :W

If I am right in saying that it will be sight bound (when new TT arrives), that will be even better! :D

Nice one Joel! :D
Joel

Thanks Michael.

For the full lowdown on what's changed, see my first post.

[url=http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/viewtopi ... 91#p530791" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]viewtopic.php?p=530791#p530791[/url]

Thanks guys!
MattH

Just one quick question:

Noticing the log-in Boxes are up in the right corner when you first come to the forum, obviously, you try and enter your details to login, BUT, instead of logging in, it heads to the portal where you normally had to sign in, if anyone ever decided to get that far, but all of this aside, is the right hand corner specified to log a person in, or is it still being made?
James6

I think all the changes are great guys, make the forum look even better. :D

Well Done. :)
If you go down to the Towers today, you\'d better ride Th13teen. :P
Islander

Nice changes :).

Quick note: the quote button now appears to be broken - clicking on it brings me to an error page in both IE and Chrome.

---- Post Info Added ----

Edit: The 'edit' and 'pm user' buttons are broken as well, hence this double post.

Though just got to say... WOW! Love the new profile card! One of the very, very few things I disliked about the old system was the PM system, and how hidden new PM's appeared to be. Now we finally get a counter at the top - thanks Joel :D
Adam James

Very smart, well done guys! :D
The profile card in particular is my new favourite feature, looks very professional indeed.
Islander

...and unfortunately the 'new topic' and 'new reply' buttons are broken as well.

Can't emphasise how much I love the new profile card, though!
Michaél

Yes. Nearly everything that is related to posting.php seems to be broken. Only quick reply works for me.
James

Loving the new profile card. Looks very neat at the top of the page, loving the changes. :D
Big Dave

Yeah all the edit/quote buttons are not working and I guess Joel is working on it. Also I have a white line at the top of the page near the chat button which seems to serve no purpose. Its not causing me any grief but wondered what it was there for lol.

---- Post Info Added ----

Edit I take that back, the white line has gone now :P
Adam

Probably already awear, but the Post new topic button/page is not working at the moment.
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
Leighton123

I've just noticed, I can't get into my profile control panel to change my avatar :?
Enjoy today, look forward to tomorrow, remember yesterday.