Forum Updates Log

Attraction Source and TowersTimes website news, comments and suggestions.
Big Dave

Yeah a few problems, but I dare say Joel will be working on them later. Best to try and struggle through today and let the team sort it out when they get chance.
Pennywise

Nor is the preview button on quick reply, I just lost an epic post after I tried to preview it. :(
[Archive]

I can't log out either.

Has Joel has lured us to the site, using pretty new buttons as bait, only to disable the logout button and trap us forever? :shock:

Shame they are playing up, but the new look is really nice. And I'll get used to the no-capitals-allowed menu. It's all such a nice improvment. :mrgreen:
James

It's letting me logout.

Can't get in my PM inbox now. :P
Joel

Hi guys,

Thanks for all your feedback so far. Big apologies the "content encoding errors" or other similar and weird messages you got trying to do pretty much anything on the forum!

This was actually nothing to do with the template changes I'd made last night, and instead related to a rather optimistic change I made before I disappeared this morning to enable server-to-client compression (aka "gzip") to increase the page loading times for you guys.

However it seem some of the files on the forum have gained odd spaces in them which upsets the compressor and throws out those weird messages you see.

I've disabled the compression for now until I can complete a full BOM scan on the forum files.

Thanks for your patience :-D
DiogoJ42

:clap: woo! Hats off Joel! This is all looking ace :D

(and yes, the iPrat issue seems to have been sorted now... Ta!)
Blaze

Everything looks stunning, big well done! :clap:
Titters

[quote=""Blaze""]Everything looks stunning, big well done! :clap:[/quote]

Yeah looks great - really stylish and modern :) :clap: :clap:
.Will

Whooooo! Everythings different, who are you people and what have you done with TTF! No but in all seriousness I think it lookes great, really slick, thumbs up Joel!

:D
Khanage

Awesome! Looks great. When can we expect the new site, any time soon?
Thanks to Adzy for the sig & av.

Joel

Welllll, I've got to arrange a suitable New Years eve, get a couple of the team round and some Tesco Value fireworks to set off in the garden to celebrate it all.

Only then can it launch naturally :D

*runs before he gets into more trouble*
AdamJ

Loving the new profile card Joel, much cleaner than the old style! Also love these changes you're doing, really making TTF look more streamlined and personalized!
DiogoJ42

Random thought:
Now that we have a "profile card" are there any plans to add to it? For example, could we be really sad and nerdy and put put "counts" on it? :lol:
Joel

No, Diogo, just no :P lol :D

Is this where I'm supposed to plug my other services available, such as the little known [url=http://www.ridecount.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]www.ridecount.com[/url] ? :P
Craig

Oi! Bloody use traffic boost!
McFlurry

[quote=""Joel""]Welllll, I've got to arrange a suitable New Years eve, get a couple of the team round and some Lidl round the back of Hotel Colosseo Value fireworks to set off in the garden to celebrate it all.

Only then can it launch naturally :D

*runs before he gets into more trouble*[/quote]

:lol: You missed out the live broadcast part!

#-o
AdamJ

Just thought I'd share this.. This new "Premium Shoutbox", just seems to me to be a way to square-out the non-popular members, and is just a popularity thing. It's not because I don't have "access", just seems unfair, especially counting how useless TT Chat can be.

It seems that these days all TTF is about is popularity...

Anyway, thought I'd rant about it, oh well..
DiogoJ42

Really? you don't have access? :? All the rest of us do.
AdamJ

[quote=""DiogoJ42""]Really? you don't have access? :? All the rest of us do.[/quote]

My point exactly.
Craig

gul·li·ble /ˈgələbəl/
Adjective: Easily persuaded to believe something; credulous

:D