Alton Towers' Best and Worst Adverts

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
Dylan

The Oblivion advert is by far my favourite.
It is so stylish, quite sinister and captures the mood of what AT were trying to achieve from the ride perfectly.
Hex's advert is also a very nice.
cookiee_munster

my fave advert...

probably Oblivion, Submission or Hex.

each of them had a distinctive style that im imagining the same company made the adverts? they were very moody, and had a distinct colour scheme (oblivion/grey submission/blue hex/green.

i have to say, out of them all, i do love the submission adverts the most. purely because there were two created (not many folk know that) ive only really seen the one online (that one ends with the tagline "hang in there")and then the other pop up every now and then.
danny13

My favourite is the 1994 park advert but I also like Oblivion and Hex which are very well done!

Worst has got to be the recent ones I think. Probably Rita (which the marketing staff admit to) but I think Spinball was bad as well :x
Anonymous

My favourite advert is definately the one for 13.

[url=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;][/url]

It shows off the ride brilliantly, but it doesn't lose the creepy feeling about it.
Plus, the girl is awesome.
john wardley no.1

The tweenies brand new show at alton towers that was a sad day for the park.
Anonymous

the good old fashioned Oblivion Advert 'dont look down'
MissMoz

I love the 1997 park advert even though I have never seen before now.
I really liked the Flume one and of course Th13teen.
Everyday Is Like Sunday
Everyday Is Silent Without Corky

FOR SOME THINGS THERE IS NO RATIONAL EXPLANATION.
MattH

Any that were made to keep the ride hidden, or the darker ones, like Hex, Nemesis, Thirteen, Oblivion etc. those were excellent, i also like the air teasers and main advert.

worst has to be rita, not the second one, the original mountain one, and guys, dont forget, this advert made another one, for the one day, the Camilla: Queen of Speed advert. Clicky

Sorry about my lack of tidyness of the post and shizz. :P
dominoes

ah, the flume and 2006 ad were so funny!
NickT04

The artwork for this year's Xmas event and Fireworks! Lovely!
Slappy McGuire

I like many adore the 1994 ad; even though I had no intention of watching the peter rabbit show, or going on the swan boats, it and the first use of the Mountain King as a signature made the park seem genuinely magical, beyond anything I have seen from any other park - period. It made me desperate to visit the park, and frankly the park could do with being less about the next big thing, more about the overall park, as a place of wonderment and surprise.

By contrast, Rita 1+2 spoke to the audience about their new ride with the silly name, and frankly patronised them. It could have been the best ride in the world, but to be told that it was, did absolutely nothing for me. I rode Rita for the first time this year, and enjoyed it, but previous to that, like Spinball, nothing inspired me to try it, least of all, the advert.
nicolah

:hgrin: I have to say my favorite advert has to be back in the 80's ALTON TOWERS Now i just loved it as a kid and still do
nicola hunter
TB2

Easily Oblivion, I'd go as far as to say Oblivion's advert set a very high benchmark. I can remember so vividly first seeing that advert and being absolutely starstruck by it. So weird considering it was a last minute replacement ad.

Submission's was actually very effective as well.
1. Expedition Everest 2. Hollywood Tower of Terror 3.Superman De Acero 4. Katun and Nemesis 6. OzIris 7. Blue Fire 8. Black Mamba 9. Manta 10. Oblivion

7griffinjack

My favourite adverts are:

Rita:Queen of Speed - Advert#2
Th13teen
Hex
Submission

Least favourite:
Oblivion
Jelly advert
Spinball Whizzer
Rita:Queen of Speed - Advert#1
Pricey ;)

My favorites would have to be:
Submission advert :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF-AR4m- ... re=related
Air teasers and advert :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmZ3NnAN4bk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6v01gKv ... re=related

Least Favorites:
Rita's adverts
Spinball advert
2008 advert (repeated) :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEGc9V36Aho
when i say repeated i mean used over and ovr again.
siralgenon

My favourite although sad has to be the flume advert http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyo_vIQzo5w

And the worst, Charlie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mH8PWWX ... re=related
Rowe

I absolutely adore:

*The Haunted House advert - Just the pan upwards to the House, the sound and bolt of lightning in the background with ITHotMK in the background, it really does give me chills again and again.

*The 1994 advert - Wow, just so well done, magical and really did give off a fantastic atmosphere on a small [s:clte4ybw]TV[/s:clte4ybw] laptop screen.

*The Air advert - This kickstarted an obsession with Air many long years ago. The music in particular, I want it...

*The Hex advert - Come on, you all saw that coming with me! I just adore the way it's done: The camera constantly turning clockwise, the details suggesting the story, the narration by the airy-creepy voice and the music in the background. I love it.

The ones I'm meh over:

*The 2007 advert - The music and jump cuts make me interested... then I hear the girl speak and I groan in annoyance.

*The 2006 advert - Hmm. I like the varying shots of rides and the Resort but it was missing that little something.

*The Charlie advert - Hmm again, it was good enough for families and children but not good enough for me, even though I am a Chazza sympathiser.

*The Jelly advert - Actually it's more a case of "lolwhut?" than "Me no likey". Very silly.

I don't like that much:

*The Spinball advert - The appeal of the ride to me is unfortunately, nil.

*The Flume advert - It wasn't that good, it seemed rather lazy and really just a (excuse the pun) plug for Imperial Leather. Didn't bring across anything.
Clolossus

i loved the radio advert last year saying how many flies lose their lives - that made me laugh
and the 13 tv ad was good - very scary
but the first rita ad made me put my head in my hands!
Nemesis will beat them all!

[img]http]
Stelios7
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

Favorites.

Hex Hands down, a classic. Advertises the product, but keeps it secret, shows the mysterious factor to it.

2008-2010 The one where they advertised Mutiny. It made me feel remember the AT magic! :D

But, I disliked Charlie and Spinball, did nothing for me, it's a shame really.
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.
themealgang

Best- Thirteen; it was a work of art.

Worst- It HAS to be the 2008 advert. With the children's voice over, it pitched the park as some soft play area!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us