Th13teen - Ride discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
PA1234

Is anyone going to upload it? Id really need to get a second look! haha
Scorpe

one word: disappointment

hopefully, and i pray, hopefully... its longer, because as reported previously, that aint about 20 seconds inside the building, that was about 10... a wiggle, then what looks like quite a small drop, is it fast, we dont know... but we do know that you aint going all the way down that hole, its purely for the techy and hydraulic stuff...

Obviously effects turned off i think, im reckoning, smoke and mist in the tunnel easily, u see all the green lights etc to give effect... also, there was no sound/noise in building building, effects turned off for tele.. so im sure given the effects, it may prop be better...

Finally, is it just me or, did the whole rollercoaster part (through woods) just seem a bit boring... i mean the reporter half way round was like "eee ok few, now what" whilst like still only half way round the thing (bobbin over hills)

Hmmmm, guess that now we know, all we can do is wait and try for ourselves
Johno

It's interesting, you could see some themeing but other bits are blatently obviously not hrmed yet: ie the metal container effect.

To be honest the drop does look like quite a feature, it looks like the drop is all that is required to scare you! Let's face it, the public are going to come off the coaster amazed!

Looks ok, just hope we see some good themeing!
Elliot

I'm surprised there is no tilt section to the drop. But looks a very good ride.
Kelly

Well.. 'meh' sums it up for me. I hope that it is better with effects on! Oh and that the place won't be so building site-esq come opening.

Just seems like a mix of RMT and Disneys Tower of Terror without the theming, but I shall remain openminded. :)
Last edited by Kelly on Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
aru

Just about to head to work - but here are my quick views..

The site still looked a mess, the ride seemed slow and the drop section was short and disappointing. But, I get the feeling that the full show was not working/turned on (at least I hope so!). I'm shocked that AT would allow their hyped flagship ride to appear on national TV in that way..
nemesisfan

well that was a waste of time, i've sat around from 6am for that :( . I have to say although there was no effects iam sorely dissopointed the ride looked a little slow, the double drop didnt look anything fantastic and as far as the reverse through the helix that was pretty weak too. The only thing i can see making this ride and taking it away from dissopointment is the que-line story and what ever effects we will see in that building, for now iam not very happy and feel its been a little over hyped, however i shall be experiencing it myself come saturday and i hope to god its better than it looks.

The plus side is the ride appears to get through the layout of the track fairly quick therfore the throughput should be rather speedy if we do have 3 trains on the go,aim guessing ques will be eaten through in no time, however we dont actually no how long the show part is going to be !
Scorpe

Open minded sounds like the best plan tbh...

Just wanted to add, also love the closing door behind you as you enter the crypt, quite fast too... im impressed on how quick the switch arounds are, very quick.

P.s... look how busy the forum is :P
Wortho

well, my view is for a family coaster its going to me good, but for what they have built it up to be leaves alot to be desired however looking at the footage alot wasn't working so I'll hold my breathe on this until I have ridden it my self.

Nice to see alton management trying to look inconspicuous in the second row lol.
DiogoJ42

I'm hoping to god that was running at half speed or something... the RMT is faster than that!
Scorpe

[quote=""Diogoj42""]I'm hoping to god that was running at half speed or something... the RMT is faster than that![/quote]
haha true, notice it kinda dragged out the helix too
fishdalf

Positives:
- Confirmed Vertical Drop
- Good Throughput
- Quick Track Switches
- Door Closes

Negatives:
- Theming Unfinished or Poor
- Slow and Sluggish
- No Big Thrill Factor
- Track Layout Uninspired
- Tame Vertical Drop
- Tame Back Launch and Helix

Hoping:
- Theming Finished
- Was Slowed For TV
- Effects Were Removed
cammyproductions

hi everyone i saw it a bit dissapointing but come on your not going to know till you ride it and there wasnt any effects turned on did anyone notice the black deamons crouching down lol. Also is there anyone that has got a video of it so i can watch it a second time that would be great thanks.:P
Bring on The Smiler in May! (Excuse my name i made this account a while back)
jordanc14

hi, i am a bit disappointed so far, but i still cant wait to ride it! Come on guys the effects are an almost certainty to be switched off! [-o< here is a link anyway but not the best quality sorry :( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAZvw201RQU
Last edited by jordanc14 on Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rollercoaster 4 Life

For all the people that missed the GMTV coverage of Th13teen today, I have recorded it and uploaded it for you. Just click below to see it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZn6u9MmoaM

Enjoy. :D
Yesterday\'s the past, tomorrow\'s the future, but today is a gift. That\'s why it\'s called the present.

PSN ID]Bankzy108
Add me if you want!
PA1234

Im PRAYING the effects will make this ride worthwhile
Last edited by PA1234 on Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
cmpunk771

Well on the + side the wraiths where funny :P

Hope there contumes get better befor sat.

I think the scaffolding on the building is ment to be there
cammyproductions

Thanks. Itsays still uploading, but wil be done in min so thanks very much mate. Already seen it but wanted see it again.!

[quote=""Rollercoaster 4 Life""]For all the people that missed the GMTV coverage of Th13teen today, I have recorded it and uploaded it for you. Just click below to see it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZn6u9MmoaM

Enjoy. :D[/quote]
Last edited by cammyproductions on Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bring on The Smiler in May! (Excuse my name i made this account a while back)
DiogoJ42

That drop looks horrific. I'm concerned! 8-[
fishdalf

GRRR that link doesn't work on my iPhone :evil: