Th13teen - Ride discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Coaster_Crazy

[quote=""Lotte""]That you tube video is fake.It was made by a 14yr old who obviously cannot spell[/quote]

It isnt made by a 14 year old. Ollie from coaster force knows the uploader, the uploader isnt who made the video. Also, I dont see any spelling mistakes. =/

[quote=""Mick""]This has been considered before in detail, the main argument against being the distinctive pieces of V shaped attachment to the ends of the track before the area was enclosed. These, whatever they are (and it's mooted that they are the means by which the track disconnects/attaches) obviously serve the same purpose on each level, and therefore cast extreme doubt on there having been a track extension on the lower level.[/quote]

This theory relies on the fact that the moving section will not only move up and down but forwards and backwards, and given the size of the building and the limitations as to how much it can move forwards and backwards, it would be extremely impractical for them to gear the technology for such a small movement (The offset distance) when they can make it do a simple up, down motion as is shown in the video.
Dagan

Photo from inside the station - [url=http://tweetphoto.com/14616139" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://tweetphoto.com/14616139[/url]

Taken from the GMTV lot filming today.
Mathmosman

So does that mean the ride will be on GMTV tomorrow morning?
Benedique

[quote=""Mathmosman""]So does that mean the ride will be on GMTV tomorrow morning?[/quote]

Yes it is along with some bootcampers apparently, I shall be tuning in if I can wake up in time
Sir John Talbot

I trust someone is recording this?

EXCITING.
Rollercoaster 4 Life

[quote=""Sir John Talbot""]I trust someone is recording this?

EXCITING.[/quote]

Yep I'm recording it using my trusty PlayTV, and will upload it as soon as I can. Can't wait to see what it shown - I'm pretty excited for Saturday now! :D
Yesterday\'s the past, tomorrow\'s the future, but today is a gift. That\'s why it\'s called the present.

PSN ID]Bankzy108
Add me if you want!
fishdalf

Well I'm in work for 6 myself and I'm gonna have the TV on under the desk so I don't miss it. Hope It's on more towards the beginning as oppose to the end though so I don't get fired. =/
DiogoJ42

Well I'm still up, so I may as well watch it. I'll be hanging around in the chatroom if anything amazing is revealed, and we need to discuss it! :lol:
cmpunk771

Guys get in the chat if your up, we can talk about it then
Anonymous

I really hope none of the effects were on during the preview, I'm guessing they weren't. It doesn't look that promising.
cmpunk771

WE CAN CONFIRM that is IS a drop in the crypt! as per GMTV
Rollercoaster5000

Yay, Alton gave the game away during the construction period. How stupid of you Alton, but we love you anyway :D
Last edited by Rollercoaster5000 on Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
cmpunk771

Also we saw that there is a small drop then a big drop, i hope the effects in the cypt where turned off becuase it looked weak, did anyone see that when entering the building a door behind closes
PA1234

Yeah Im sure they chose not to show the effects!
EdwinOkli

That was possibly the most disappointing rollercoaster ever. None of the effects were working (if there are any) and the speed was ridiculous. Double short vertical drop, wow. Not worth the wait.
andymw

[quote=""Malx""]I really hope none of the effects were on during the preview, I'm guessing they weren't. It doesn't look that promising.[/quote]

I hope so to, otherwise i think we'll be dissapointed.

My only thought is it might do like tower of terror in florida and have a unique drop everytime?
If I had a signature it would be delayed just like the smiler
pfleety

Could have been better tbh. Hope they get the theming up in time and suprised they showed it on national tele without the theming complete.

Pete
SheikhSam

when i heard 'WORLDS FIRST VERTICAL DROP' i thought blivvy had been forgotten, but it turned out to be more of a freefall coaster, ToT fans won't like it :P
im half gutted aswell though, cause i didn't really want to see what the inside was like, oh well, the building looks great, and a big fan of the closing door inside :D :P
cmpunk771

Themeing was complete, just hopefully effects turned off
iloveshauni

Comon guys! Non of us can possibly comment until we have ridden Thirteen...

The special effects were clearly not switched on and as we already know will play a huge part in this ride, so we've only seen half the ride so to speak :D