Th13teen - Ride discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
teddlesking

Off Topic -

Anyone figured out what the little girl in the advert has anything to do with thirteen?

EDIT

Completely agree andy
Dean

I'd say give them a week, and i'm sure will we will see an improvement effects wise, and a not to boring SRQ with something to watch. (Tesla Coil)

I'm more intrested in this than the ride itself, as if it the same as Vallhalla's old Tesla Coil it will look very good... :D
dont look down 2005

Just a point

I know that Th13teen isn't brilliantly thrilling, but I disagree that it doesn't deserve to be an SW.

For me, the SW's have always been something a bit different, a bit more original and 'magical' than the other attractions at the park and for me Th13teen ticks all the boxes.

I don't think Air is very thrilling, but it thoroughly deserves it's SW status because of how new and groundbreaking it was.

Th13teen has amazing themeing (more so than Air and rivals Oblivion), a worlds first element (lets not forget, Nemesis didn't even have that) and it is a very, very fun ride. Lets not also forget that the ride is already eating queues extremely quickly and appeals to the majority of Towers audience.

The SW tagline denotes Towers next big investment in a ride, it doesn't have to be thrill, just as it doesn't have to be B & M. All it has to do is make people go wow, and to be honest, I think the majority of the GP and even myself have thought that, if with nothing else, then for the themeing!

So I really think that Th13teen is an excellent addition, it fills the hole the Corkscrew (rest it's soul) left and is great fun. Lets hope though that SW7 will be a proper thrill investment ;)
joshc807

I'm not sure but the words the girl says on the advert are engraved on the wall so maybe she has been trapped in the building but there is a rumour that there are suppost to be holagrams of her but Im not sure if it's true
SheikhSam

after reading some of the comments on here, alton must be walking with they're tails between they're legs :( its not a complete disaster, look at the more posotive side, the station, queue line whispers, inside section.
If you'd just bought a £15million attraction, at that price you'd be sure it was great, unfortunatly, this wasn't as planned, no I don't believe the ride will have the trims taken off, they were placed there for a reason, to help out, instead of years of programming the car to enter the indoor section, brakes, drop.. and so on, maybe after the season ends, as it will be no easy buisness, I'd imagine the entire ride will stay the same for the next few coming years, but things can have a change, look at stealth.

I'm not 100% excited as I was, but I'm still looking foward. Can't wait for scarefest, I hear the wraiths will be making a sharp return, I'd like them to be inside aswell, as on the second news coverage, we now know there's room, and the possibility of standing/wraithing, around the inside drop.
Roll on March 27th :D
Spike
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

[quote=""Andyc Nemesis""]Sorry hang on, Dan, a well themed ride? The station is good, except the fact the roof looks shocking. Complete rubbish. The queue line except for the Alton Towers Van and hand coming out of the ground there is nothing. [/quote]

For Alton's coasters it's the best themed of the lot and for UK standards it's top notch for theming. You want million dollar theming visit Disney. It gives the correct atmosphere and looks visually impressive. There are some lovely touches and it's been mentioned a lot so far that there is still more to be added.

[quote=""Andyc Nemesis""]Its not an SW, it is a family ride, and an average family ride at that. What it has done successfully is kill an area.[/quote]

SW = Secret Weapon this ride was kept secret right up until the very last minute. It contains a world first element like most of the other SW's I think it has grounds to be called a SW thanks.

[quote=""Andyc Nemesis""]I miss Thunder Rock Radio, i miss the music, there is no atmosphere, and the music is ambient background, its no Nemesis music, Inferno, Oblivion, i mean, there is nothing in the area that stands out. A shame really.[/quote]

If you like the music that much, please feel free to check out the Alton fansites for the media for Thunder Rock Rally or spotify.

The area is looking MUCH better than it did before. At least Rita fits better now than it did in Ug Land. You can't win with some people, people used to bitch about the fact "How can you have a race theme in a Dinosaur style land?" Now they have been connected better people miss the crap. :roll:

[quote=""Andyc Nemesis""]Even when you compare Saw to Thirteen, Saw has to win, better theming and delivers exactly what it said on the tin.[/quote]

Having ridden Saw last week for the first time I thought that was the best themed coaster in the UK, not anymore. The station and indoor section wipes the floor with anything Saw offers as theming.
Last edited by Spike on Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*
Only1Mark

Okay so Im always lurking around and never joining but I had to join because Im dying to know (and sorry if someone has already asked this) but whats the deal with fast tracks this year then?

Does anyone know if AT have bumped the price up or knocked rides on/ or off any of them? And beacuse Im assuming Th13teen has a 'one shot' fast track how much it is? The AT website simply says 2010 prices and information coming soon lol.

Thankyouu :)
cmpunk771

Had an awesome time this weekend, i think the ride is good but i think the GP will be disappointed because it is hyped up so much in the adverts and as much as i like it, its not scary in the slightest.

I thought it was a solid ride but is bit of a let down, I was expecting it to be scary.

---- Post Info Added ----

[quote=""Only1Mark""]Okay so Im always lurking around and never joining but I had to join because Im dying to know (and sorry if someone has already asked this) but whats the deal with fast tracks this year then?

Does anyone know if AT have bumped the price up or knocked rides on/ or off any of them? And beacuse Im assuming Th13teen has a 'one shot' fast track how much it is? The AT website simply says 2010 prices and information coming soon lol.

Thankyouu :)[/quote]

Fasttracks are not running on Th13teen untill its less busy, I had one yesterday becuase of the preview weekend but they are not doing them at the moment, There is a new one called scream Plus which is £25 for unlimited on Oblivion, Air and Nemesis.
Last edited by cmpunk771 on Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Only1Mark

[quote=""cmpunk771""]Fasttracks are not running on Th13teen untill its less busy, i had one yesterday becuase of the preview weekend but they are not doing them at the moment, There is a new one called scream Plus which is £25 for unlimited on Oblivion, Air and Nemesis.[/quote]

Thankyou :) Might do the Scream Plus one then. I guess I'll have to queue then :( Oh well I think it adds to the tension so :D
The_Chosen_One

I dont get why the UK cant compete with the theming in the states. Where one of the richest countries in the world surely we should be competing with the US for things like this.
cmpunk771

Only1mark, Go to TH13TEEN after linch as que was about 20mins at opening day and then in the final hours it was a walk on :)
Only1Mark

[quote=""cmpunk771""]Only1mark, Go to TH13TEEN after linch as que was about 20mins at opening day and then in the final hours it was a walk on :)[/quote]

Okie doke will do :) We are going the week after easter so hopefully all the kids will be back in school unless they are skiving :P

If it is quiet I shall be riding several times throughout the day. Best time was I remember I went to Olivion at the end of the day once and because they wouldnt let you stay on the ride we kept running back round into the queue because it was empty haha
Gax

Its really interesting looking at this picture now the ride's actually open. Its so accurate considering how long ago these images surfaced.

I hope over time as the ride ages, more themeing gets added and the forest grows that the outdoor sections start to look more like what we can see in that image.
Last edited by Gax on Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
El Patricko

pah still haven't heard the theme music yet (wasn't on on the 17th) so i lost patience and made my own. Is the official theme any good?

Lots of the marketing we have seen has not been so much in the public eye, things like it being SW6, to us that means something special while to others it means nothing. Also there was the x factor porkie gaurding the site etc. I will guarantee that most people have not seen half as much marketing as us lot.

I agree this ride is overhyped, it's still a great ride though, i would say the story seems a little hard to digest and there is not enough information for the public to get an epic atnosphere out of the place. Hopefully the "more theming" will mean £more theming£.
"If Alton Towers get a shrek 4d attraction next year i, El Patricko will eat a steak garnished with pond weed"

Officially, "the first man out on the town in shorts 2011"
SamB09

Why cant AT just stop with the gimmicks and built a solid coaster. Or better yet merlin buy a park like fantasty island where i beleive theres no height restriction ( i think). Although i suppose this would be out of their budget perhaps :( .

For what thirteen is i suppose its decent enough.
Elliot

I think I have the current highest ride count out of the public, of 17.
Dean

[quote=""RR Elliot""]I think I have the current highest ride count out of the public, of 17.[/quote]

I'm on 18 at the moment, 7 yesterday 11 today...

Saying 13 rides on 13 was funny... :P

But I didn't try to ride it alot it just happened... :)
Last edited by Dean on Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danny

Anybody reckon all the effects will be up and running by the 29th? I really hope that I get to go on with all the effects fully working!
D-Man

I feel with these height restrictions the park has gained benefit. AT wouldn't be as good a park as it is without these restrictions. Rides like nemesis and oblivion may never have been built if it wasn't for the restrictions and it makes AT a much more magical and mysterious place.

I'm not saying that I wouldn't like it if AT had no restrictions but these rides are some of the best in the world in my books :lol: :lol:
Alba gu brath! Scotland Forever!
krug

When should we expect some confirmation of a full list of effects inside the crypt?