Th13teen - Ride discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
dasbudd

Th13teen is the amount of wraiths that helped the Dark Forest consume Alton Towers.
nemesisfan

iam not sure in feet how hight but i would think about the height of your average house maybe a little lower, for me today i went on it twice qued 1st time 1 hr 10 and 2nd time 20 mins if that the 2nd time got me, because i knew what was going to happen i was look round in the crypt at the theming and that 1st little drop really gets you more than the 1st witht he craking and loud breaking of the floor borads its crazy.

I dont mean to dissopoint but theres no sotry what so ever to the ride anywhere through the hole que literally nothing i was gutted, so i dont no what non fanboys who went to alton today thought wondering who the girl is in the advert as she is nowhere to be seen anywhere in the que or on the ride.

Th13een is a good ride and looks unreal theming wise and the theme music only adds to that, whoever the effects in the building well i wont spoil it but everything we wished and hope for isnt there and thats all iam saying.

oh and the highlight of my day was getting a photo wiht john warldley i couldnt beleive it, hes a really nice guy :D :D :D
SLC_Boii x

[quote=""nemesisfan""]iam not sure in feet how hight but i would think about the height of your average house maybe a little lower, for me today i went on it twice qued 1st time 1 hr 10 and 2nd time 20 mins if that the 2nd time got me, because i knew what was going to happen i was look round in the crypt at the theming and that 1st little drop really gets you more than the 1st witht he craking and loud breaking of the floor borads its crazy.

I dont mean to dissopoint but theres no sotry what so ever to the ride anywhere through the hole que literally nothing i was gutted, so i dont no what non fanboys who went to alton today thought wondering who the girl is in the advert as she is nowhere to be seen anywhere in the que or on the ride.

Th13een is a good ride and looks unreal theming wise and the theme music only adds to that, whoever the effects in the building well i wont spoil it but everything we wished and hope for isnt there and thats all iam saying.

oh and the highlight of my day was getting a photo wiht john warldley i couldnt beleive it, hes a really nice guy :D :D :D[/quote]

If we didn't want spoilers, we'd be in the non-spoiler thread :D

I plan on going sometime around easter as a belated birthday present.
dale160688

[quote=""dasbudd""]Th13teen is the amount of wraiths that helped the Dark Forest consume Alton Towers.[/quote]

brilliant thanks alot :D :D :D
The_Chosen_One

[quote=""dale160688""][quote=""dasbudd""]Th13teen is the amount of wraiths that helped the Dark Forest consume Alton Towers.[/quote]

brilliant thanks alot :D :D :D[/quote]

Also thirteen is the ammount of people they found in the burial crypt when they dug it out.
Lotte

[quote=""Rathaus""][quote=""mitch1e""]Ok so i gave in and came over to this discussion didn't take long before curiosity got the better of me :lol:

Just wanted to ask a question, sorry if its already been asked. Does anyone have an idea of how many feet the train drops on the second drop? Just seen the full advert and can't wait to go on it now.

Would also like to say thank you to everyone for their pics and reviews[/quote]

It's quite hard to tell, as the drop is taken in near darkness, but is the whole height of the building, so maybe 10-15m? :)[/quote]

This drop looks better [url=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;][/url]
mgb16

[quote=""dale160688""]...this my have been answered but im nto 100% sure however, could someone please clarify...why is it called th13teen?[/quote]

I think the number of wraiths may have something to do with it, but how about this, count the words in the next sentence from the full advert...

"If you go down, to the woods today, you'd better not go... alone!"
13 words, just a thought, this was also used in the soundtrack of the ride, with i think created a really good eerie atmosphere when i was queueing :D
The Smiler is going to be deeper than the Titanic!
Maelstrom

does anyone know if the ride had many breakdowns today?

I would imagine if their are in fact any effects that are et to work then these will be up and running over the next week or so.

It amazing really when you think what state the area was in a few days back compared to what it looked like today (from pics i have seen).

Most of the general public will love the ride as they will ride with hardly any expectations and the drop and backwards section will catch most people out.
nemesisfan

As far as iam aware it broke down very little, ques got munched threw thanks to 3 tains, 1 in the station, 1 ont he lift hill and the other entering the crypt.
Kelly

[url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... 3TEEN.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... 3TEEN.html[/url]

News article about the celebs riding Th13teen. There was a lot of them on park today and at the launch last night including Jonathon Ross, Sarah Harding, Skins cast, The Sugababes, The Saturdays, Bill Bailey, Gail Porter etc etc!
Skumfidus

Just looked back over the old SW6 topics - so many things people came up with were correct!

I can't wait to hear the area/ride music, as well as some videos of the area!
.Will

[quote=""Maelstrom""]does anyone know if the ride had many breakdowns today?

I would imagine if their are in fact any effects that are et to work then these will be up and running over the next week or so.

It amazing really when you think what state the area was in a few days back compared to what it looked like today (from pics i have seen).

Most of the general public will love the ride as they will ride with hardly any expectations and the drop and backwards section will catch most people out.[/quote]

There was one little technical fault (i think) when I went on for the second time but apart from that it behaved itself for most of the day.

The ride isn't totally finished there is lots of building work and lots of effects still to do, but give it a year when the new saplings are fully grown and it will be a different ride.

Personally I loved it, bearing in mind that it is just an Intamin Family roller coaster I think it is amazing, I only have one reservation is that the first drop is a little disappointing, but apart from that the whole experience is fantastic, a truly great ride!

:D
Last edited by .Will on Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NickT04

It had a big breakdown at the end of the day, my mates got stuck on the second lift hill and then the drop. Was down for a good 20 - 25 minutes. Mr Wardley and co were soon on the scene! Got off Th13teen at 17:45 the place was empty haha
dont look down 2005

Well I got back from the Towers today after what was possibly my best ever visit.

I personally loved Th13teen. It's not as intense as Nemmy or Oblivion, but is really fun. I thought the outside section was surprisingly good, more fun than it looks. The crypt, well, more could have been done effects wise, but the drop and backwards helix were really original and great fun.

I would class this ride as tremendous fun as opposed to intense, but at the end of the day, isn't that what rides are supposed to be about?

Dark Forest was also VERY impressive! Rita looked incredible, finally fitting in with a theme properly!

On a slight off-topic, I thought that the park looked very good and fresh today, RMT crew were great as always, thrill rides looked very polished.

And to make matters better, I met JOHN WARDLEY and BILL BAILEY!

What a day towers and I think it's time to finally say it... the magic is back!
Blaze

When it finished I was speechless, just kept repeating "wow". When I got off I was shaking. People behind of were pretty much clapping. About 90% of people I saw were visibly impressed.
D-Man

I just wish they hadn't put those brakes on the first drop because speed is what I thought would be the main priority when going through the woods! Don't get me wrong it still looks amazing but I was looking forward to it being really fast through that section of the ride! :( :D :D
Alba gu brath! Scotland Forever!
dont look down 2005

[quote=""Blaze""]When it finished I was speechless, just kept repeating "wow". When I got off I was shaking. People behind of were pretty much clapping. About 90% of people I saw were visibly impressed.[/quote]

That's another good point, I saw loads of people clapping it today which I've never seen on a coaster before! I went with 3 non-enthusiasts and they absolutely loved it too, so yeh, great addition to the park!
nemesisfan

i have plenty of phots to upload can anybody tell me how to display them on here?, i've just uploaded them to my facebook :D
Rollercoaster5000

You'll need to upload them to sites like Photobucket or Flickr then copy and paste their link to your post and. Highlight the link when added to your post and click on the Img tab on the menu above
Anonymous

the dark park after the drop were you come face to face with the crypt well as you go backwards the crypt is ment to follow you out like in front of you with strobe lighting and smoke and is ment to have some air vents on it to blow air in your face and some type of weapon is ment to come out of it as you just reach the outside. and on the walls are also like some special fx to as well not shore what though! :D