Thirteen - Contains Spoilers

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
RyanY

Th13teen is OK but is nothing compered to all of the hype it receieved and after riding it twice I concluded the the scariest part of th13teen was...
[spoiler:30b6112k]In the queue line somebody had written 'Jesus is coming' :lol:[/spoiler:30b6112k]

So overall the drop on the ride is really good and so is the themeing but the rest is boring.

6/10
Twisted the Clown

As much of a disappointment that Th13teen is.. I still love it. Yes, ultimately it is a family ride and is very short for the queuing, yes the themeing could be better, yes AT sucks for letting the wraith actors off so easily (and as my family suggested why couldn't they have animatronics instead?) and yes they built up the hype way too much. But I still love it. I love the idea of it & the themeing & the drop in the crypt makes me scream every time - I just wish AT would invest more in the whole of this, and honestly that goes for everything in Alton Towers generally. Truthfully they are too precious with their money & don't fully invest what they can into the park to make it the best it can be.
All the kids have random stains on their skin
And if they scratch at all
Their fingers dig into their flesh...
Whose idea was this?
NoseyElephant

Well what can I say?

The first time I went to ride th13teen i was understandably very excited. Me and my partner were in a fairly long queue, but at that point the ride was fairly new so that was to be expected. To be honest i think the length of the queue added to the suspense because my boyfriend spent the entire time winding me up and making me really scared!
Eventually it was our turn on the ride.
We sat in our little cart, which was pretty much right in the middle of the train. The ride began, and we started going up the lift. Then as we reached the top, we went down the other side on a reasonably gentle outdoor track. We then approached an indoor section and were genuinely disappointed because we thought that the ride was over. But then BAM that all exciting drop and backwards indoor coaster! FANTASTIC. We left the ride on a right high and loved every minute of it.

After that first ride we were buzzing and feeling great! I would have probably rated 9/10!

However, the next day came and we wanted to ride it again. Big mistake.
The queue was long again and this time luke couldn't spend the time winding me up because i knew what to expect. Instead we were forced to look at the rides scenery. Which to be honest, was pretty poor. A few dummies here and there with fake vines wrapped around them, and a little car thing. Not the best effort. I think it didn't help that most of the real trees and plants were not fully grown as they had clearly been cut/removed/trimmed in order to make way for the construction of the ride in the first place. I think by now they should have grown back enough to make the queue scenery much more interesting and effective.
Then you get to the ride itself. After a disappointing time in the queue we were hoping the ride would cheer us up. The outdoor part to the coaster was really rather dull. Very plain. Very boring. (please dont hate me! Just my opinion!) The indoor section was better - great scenery and atmosphere. Even though i knew the drop was coming, i still had to cling on tight in preparation! The backwards part - again, i knew it was coming, but it was incredibly fun and much better than the outdoor section.

When the ride was over the second time i rode it, i was left feeling really disappointed. The ride was nowhere near as good as my first ride and i felt like i had wasted time in a long queue for nothing.
Dont get me wrong, it is a great ride, and i'll never forget the feeling i had after my first ever ride on it. I'll ride it every time i go to Alton. However, its not a favourite and not as scary and truly awesome as they had made it out to be before it opened.
I think this ride would improve for me if i rode it in the dark. That way the outside coaster section may be more scary. My score out of 10 now would have to be 5/10.
Its a real shame that th13teen doesn't give me that amazing buzz each and everytime i ride like nemisis and the rest do. I certainly feel let down by th13teen, but i always like to give it another go each time incase my views change! I plan to ride it again during scarefest in the hope that my ride experience improves!
CAWBieber

This ride was amazing one of the best I have ever been one. I am a person who hates roller coaster but I could do this all day!!

QUEUE:

The queue was good the music really brought out the atmosphere and was quite creepy. The layout of the queue line is really good!! It is a good start before getting on the ride.

STATION:

The station had really good themeing with the TH13TEEN girl whispering 1 ........ 2 .......3 all the way up to thirteen. The going in the building to the station was nerve shredding. It is dark in there which brings out the effects of a crypt.

RIDE:

OUTSIDE:
The ride was AMAZING!! The first drop before even starting made my stomach go. After the turn you see the lift hill and you are thinking CRAP because it is quiet high. The lift hill is an other nerve shredding effect as you slowing ascend to the top of the hill. When at the top you can hear the front row guest saying Oh My God or cursing. The first drop at the top of the hill was very very steep actually shockingly steep. That drop made me wanna get off because it really makes your stomach do summer salts. At the end of the drop you smoothly hit a tilted turn. Then you go over a few airtime hills and turns before entering the thrilling and terrifying CRYPT.

THE CRYPT:
This was the highlight of the ride for me as it is Terrifyingly funny.You enter the crypt with really good themeing around you. Then the door shuts behind you to leave you in darkness with a few effective lights. We went on this twice and we dropped at different times. The first time we waited 30 seconds and the second time was like 5 seconds. But when the door is shut you do a shocking little drop which makes you scream. Flashing light and air cannons are blasted before you do the terrifying freefall drop in the DARK!. Freefalling in the dark was a good effects as you don't know where you are going next. But after the drop you seeing demons everywhere you look in green lighting. You are then shot into darkness backwards. This is really great because you are still shocked by the freefall and you are then going backwards at a fast pace in the dark. The backwards section is really confusing because you don't know where you are or where you are going. After that you are back in the day light and you are laughing you head off.

OVERALL:

Over all TH13TEEN in one of the best rides I have ever done!

QUEUE: 6/10 STATION: 7/10 RIDE(OUTSIDE) : 9/10 RIDE(CRYPT DROP): 10/10 RIDE(BACKWARDS):10/10

Out Of 10: 9/10
W@LLI$
towersmike

I think TH13TEEN is a great addition to the park. It was definately over hyped and is in no way the ultimate rollercoaster.

However, it is suitable for both thrill seekers and younger guests which makes it a popular ride. When it was first unveiled, I wasn't to sure whether it was a good attraction. After riding it, my perception changed. I find it an enjoyable ride and will always ride it when at the park. The queue times can sometimes be ridiculous but its a fun ride.

The good points for me are:
1) Enjoyable
2) First drop is more thrilling than I expected
3) The vertical drop inside is surprising and better than I imagined it would be.
4)It is a must ride in the dark at either Scarefest or the Fireworks

The bad points are:
1) Queue can be long
2)The Tesla coil in the queue line is unnecessary and makes me jump every time it goes off!

Overall, an enjoyable ride experience. 8/10
Choo - Choo!!
Burniel

I entered the queue on the basis that I had seen a photo with people on it, and saw it had lap bars. In the queue,  the music, I didn't know what happened on the ride, it was the most fearful 30 minutes of my life. The tesla coil, oh my! How to put me off just before I get on!

I get into the car. I notice my hands shaking as I pull down my lap bar. My father sees this and grins at me.

We leave the station and go up the lift hill. It's not too bad, thi was the only bit I could see fro the queue. Down we go, and what a rush of dark forest air filling my lungs! Through the woods we went, twisting and turning, up and down.

Into the station. Father: "here we are back to the station. That wasn't too bad!" The green strobe lights fill the room, revealing (in the words of myself) "this isn't the station!" Big screams as the carriage drops, but I recover quickly, and thoroughly enjoy the backwards section.

We came off. Laughed our heads off, and ran straight back round into the queue, and queued the half hour again.

10/10 and my favourite ride in the UK!
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
RedStar98

I waited a long time for TH13TEEN with my family not long after it opened. The theming throughout has a great atmosphere and is very well done, particularly in the indoor section. However, the ride itself is not as 'terrifying' as it is made out to be and the queues are often quite excessive. It has only broken down once while I've been in the queue and normally I wait between 20 and 30 minutes for it. It is definitely a family coaster. The first hill is a good size and the outside section is pretty fun too. The drop is only small and isn't that scary, but it's a good experience and would be great for children or people who don't go on a lot of bigger/'scarier' coasters (such as my mum, who loves it). The indoor section is too short in my opinion, although the fact it goes backwards is cool. I think it fits in nicely with the rest of the park.
Last edited by RedStar98 on Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lf2001

Thirteen is a great ride, well apart from the big queues! The ride is great, after the first drop you speed through the woods, having a great time. But then you stop and the ride goes into its best part. You enter the crypt, and on my first go, I had no idea what to expect. After sitting in the dark a few seconds, you drop, and I was so surprised the first time I rode! It was great!

Overall, I think the coaster has been a great addition to the park, and will stay there for many years. Even though it's classed as a thrill ride, I think it's more of a family ride.  8/10