Alton Towers: Two free tickets Sun promotion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
CJH

[url=http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/tr ... paper.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/tr ... paper.html[/url]

Woop!

Starts on Saturday next week 27th Feb 2010.
I know it states 2009 on the published date, but it is clear this link is for the 2010 campaign.
Expect the map out within the next week then :).
Chris 21 Manchester
SEALIFE

I diddent hear anything at all from them last time when I applied :(

I'll try again this season see if I get any luck! haha :lol:
NF2

So are we talking Saturday for the pull out an park map then? I really hope so as it would make my weekend :D
CJH

Will be one of the Saturdays as it runs for a whole week. So either the 27th or the 6th March.
It runs over 11 days, and only 7 tokens needed.
Chris 21 Manchester
NickT04

The map is normally published on a Wednesday.
Johno

I would think that the map will be in when they announce their 2 free tickets promotion.
AstroDan

So, I presume the map will be published either 3rd or 10th March - probably the 3rd as the 10th is very close to the main season.

Bring on the 3rd!

:D
BIan

I think last year we got two free tickets for a Scarefest weekend, and won 4 tickets in the photo competition so not to bad.

Certainly made it cheaper for our friends and family to come for the day with us :)

Ian
Russell

This means I have to start buying the Sun now as I really want that map pull out! :D I hope they don't deviate from the current styling too much though.
Since April 2008
swfcjambo

[quote=""GothicAngel""]http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/tr ... paper.html

seems interesting, this is after i searched alton towers on the website, this was the first post, any idea on if its real?[/quote]

Article is dated 28/2/09, dates for tokens in paper are from 2009 ("the first toke was printed in the paper on 27th February 2009") , BUT T&C's state offer ends 17th march 2010. 11 tokens, ending 11th March - I'll be checking out The Sun this weekend!
MattH

the 27th is this saturday, and they say theres 11 tokens, so they probs need to change a couple of things around, and all it says for dated is 28th february, doesnt say which year, so it could be this year and already leaked ;)
Mi-Nigle

I think I'll get these so that friends without annual passes can come along with me for once. How much will it come to all together? I don't know how much a Sun is... :oops:
MattH

[quote=""Mi-Nigle""]I think I'll get these so that friends without annual passes can come along with me for once. How much will it come to all together? I don't know how much a Sun is... :oops:[/quote]

the sun costs 30p on weekdays and 40 on weekends methinks :D
moog666

I know his may sound a bit harsh. but you all should really take a look at the history behind a newspaper before you buy it.

On April 15th 1989 a disaster took place which resulted in the deaths of ninety-six Liverpool supporters at Hillsborough, the home ground of Sheffield Wednesday, during an FA Cup semi-final between Liverpool and Nottingham Forest. Ninety-six people had their lives crushed out of them. Many more are said to have ended their own lives since as a consequence of that disaster. A lot of injustices came out of that disaster, far too many to list here. For more information visit the Hillsborough Justice Campaign website at [url=http://www.contrast.org/hillsborough" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.contrast.org/hillsborough[/url] and please try to support them.

This article concentrates on one piece of injustice that could so easily have been avoided. That could so easily have been made a little better, if not fixed, in the intervening years. Lies were printed as fact in a British newspaper, and that newspaper has still not made an unconditional apology for what it printed. Its editor of the time has never made an unconditional apology in all of that time.

The Sun is now boycotted by Reds fansThe headlines and sub-headlines on the front page of The Sun newspaper on the Wednesday following the disaster were as follows:

“The Truth.
Some fans picked pockets of victims
Some fans urinated on the brave cops
Some fans beat up PC giving kiss of life.”

So just four days after their loved ones had died, four days after they had narrowly escaped death themselves, Liverpool supporters were confronted with those headlines. People actually believed those headlines. Those who were there did not believe the headlines of course, nor did those who knew people who had been there. Unfortunately though a lot of people did believe those headlines; people who were not Liverpool supporters, perhaps supporters of another team or people who did not follow football at all. The headlines sewed seeds in so many people’s minds that the 96 supporters died at the hands of their own kind. All lies, all proven to be lies, yet never put right by that publication

I know it is not my place to tell you what to buy and what not to buy but please ask yourself if you feel right buying it. And then think of the many other chances you will have to get free tickets this season

Mogsey

If you must make jokes about Steve Jobs, Try to keep them PC.
Dormiens-Dave

I think most people are aware of the hillsborough disaster and although it has been 20 years it is still in the hearts of many liverpudlians and liverpool supporters, though unfortunately the Sun is still the newspaper with the largest circulation in the country hence why its a popular advertising tool.

Though to be honest i wouldn't buy any red top tabloid as they are all as bad at each other for pedling lies and sensationalising stories. But i may get one for the AT pull out
mattbailey

The free ticket promotion starts this Saturday and runs for 11 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Javs

I have already been sent my 2for1's from the supermarket 'Every little helps!'. If you are a club card holder, then you will get them. :clap:
El Patricko

Most people are aware the sun is a more elaborate version of "viz, the dogs b*******", like a comic book but containing rude jokes and partial nudity. Still a good read though.

I've only been added by wraith forest, but personally i think somebody is just really bored and has decided to give alton some free advertising.

Will be collecting the sun tokens, and buy a 16quid on the day month return thing? you used to be able to buy them on your way out.
"If Alton Towers get a shrek 4d attraction next year i, El Patricko will eat a steak garnished with pond weed"

Officially, "the first man out on the town in shorts 2011"
CJH

Sorry but bringing up Hillsborough on a THEMEPARK forum, is a bit out of order, trying to push your decision of boycotting The Sun on others.
So what it happened many moons ago yes it was a bad disaster. Get over it.
You don't see half as much crap about 9/11, the tsunami few years back, and all the other disasters in the world we dont even hear about.

Sorry but you don't. Yes I understand many people died and some relative of yours may have been there.

I aint trying to offend.
Chris 21 Manchester
Nightfall

If moog666 feels strongly about such things he’s welcome to remind us of it. If you then chose to buy the sun it’s your own personal opinion.

All of this is getting off topic anyway. Special offers are more to do with Alton Towers general than Thirteens marketing & promotion.
[align=center]Image[/align]