The Ultimate Fireworks: 5-7 November 2010

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
James

I wasn't mocking anyone, if you're on about my post? I would never mock any members on this forum. :)

The annual passes do cover the fireworks event. With which pass is better it depends on how many times you plan on visiting theme parks. The Merlin annual pass is ideal if you visit Alton and the other Merlin theme parks often throughout the year. Alton Towers is currently doing a 20% off offer on the AT Pass until 4th October which costs £71.00(Individual Pass) and the Merlin Pass costs £150/£200 depending on which pass you would buy. Here's the Merlin Annual Pass site if you want to get an idea of the perks etc. and here's the page on the Alton Towers website that gives more information on the AT Pass. I'm not sure on who you could contact to discuss the annual passes, but the contact page on the AT website may be of help. Hope this is of some help. :)
ScaredyCat

[quote=""Dormiens-Dave""]Can anyone explain though why in that picture there is a door at the front of the towers where there is no door in real life.

Nit picking ruins fan boy... you bet i am[/quote]

Isn't that the old entrance to the Towers from a while back? I'm sure you could get in through the front up into the banqueting hall. Isn't there something in the book about it?
militantcoasterfan

I remember seeing a few posts on this topic a few weeks back which have dissapeared/been deleted.

Is there any development/news on the rumour that around the theme park there would be area specific firework displays?
I think it was mentioned that Oblivion would have fireworks coming through the hole (ride closed i would guess) and a laser show around Nemmy and apparantly the glass elevator on Charlie would be new footage of it travelling through fireworks!

Any truth as it was said to be confirmed by a member of staff who they said had an office just out of X-Sector near the toilet. Charles i think? Sorry I have a hazy memory.
MILITANT COASTER FAN 1981
ScaredyCat

That would be amazing! I don't think they could shoot fireworks out of the hole though as they'd be too close to people on the ride. If the ride was shut what would the point be? I really hope they do this! Shall we start a petition?
[Archive]

Nope, that was never said. It is also impossible and unnecessarily expensive. You probably just made it up on the spot to be honest, there were never any posts about it on here. What's more, a member of staff would know less then us about events, so there is no way they could have given you information unless they were joking. X Sector office... :hooer:
Vik

[quote=""electricBlll""]Nope, that was never said. It is also impossible and unnecessarily expensive. You probably just made it up on the spot to be honest, there were never any posts about it on here. [/quote]

Quite correct, nothing on the sort has been mentioned on here. The only posts that were removed from this topic was the spam that surrounded the rubbish about bubble machines etc. Lets not go down the road of going off topic to talk about things that are not happening :D
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

militantcoasterfan

Ok sorry. I only wanted to know if had been confirmed or not. Thanks for clearing that up.

Why would the staff know less than people on here?
MILITANT COASTER FAN 1981
Stern John

Fireworks will start around 7pm. Best place to view them will probably be at the bottom of Towers Street/on the front lawn.
James

[quote=""militantcoasterfan""]So is there any up to date news on firework start times/themes as I am travelling from Yorkshire after work so don't want to miss the start!

Who has been to these before? What's the best place to view? Is Towers ruins roof a good spot?[/quote]

The fireworks start time is planned to be between 6:30-7pm for all of the 3 nights. I don't know what the theme will be but it'll most likely be just a celebration of Alton Towers, and celebrating the launch of Th13teen.

I went to the 2005 fireworks(Dr Pop Rocket, FTW) and they are amazing, the atmosphere on park is electric. From experience I always stand towards the back of Towers Street(Theme park entrance) as there's quite a good view from there and you get out quicker when a stampede of people rush to get out at the end of the display. Although I'd say anywhere on Towers Street is fine, as long as you can see the Towers and the lake you'll see everything, there's quite a lot of places where you could watch the fireworks from. The Towers are usually closed off during the fireworks since this is what the Alton fireworks events are always centred around, so you won;t be able to get anywhere near the Towers during the display.

:)
Stern John

Ahh, I prefer to be near the bottom so I can walk to FV after without being caught up in all the people trying to leave! Suppose it depends what you want to do after the display as to where you stand! :hgrin:
Voke

Does anyone have an idea of which rides will be closing at 3-30 pm as advertised? Seems abit early, as it won't be getting dark, so I doubt it will be any of the Water Rides (Flume, Katanga Canyon,Mutiny Bay).
Coke

It will be. The water rides & Skyride will be the first to close

Are you thirsty?
Voke

But why do they close so early, if the park is currently open till 5-30pm anyway?
JoshM

Because if they needed to evacuate the Skyride or The Flume it would be very difficult in the dark.
Voke

What i'm trying to say is that all the water-rides are currently closing at 5-30pm, but during the Ultimate Firework's event they're closing the water rides at 3-30pm, which is earlier than the current close time. And surely it's darker at 5-30 than it is at 3-30pm.
James

Yes, but as the months go on it will get darker earlier. So in November it will most likely get dark around 4pm. 3:30pm is when the queue closes, so the queue would close at that time, then the staff need time to close the ride down(So in the Skyride's case they would need to get all the gondolas inside the stations.) This all takes time. Currently it's not getting dark that early, but come November it will be getting dark very early.
Voke

Oh okay, nice explanation. Didn't think it would get that dark in November :)
tori_swift

Plus the clocks go back at 2am on the 31st November so sunset will be an hour earlier which makes a huge difference.
Voke

31st November? The Ultimate Firework's event is from the 5th - 7th November. Then it's nearly the end of the season.
James

I think tori_swift means 31st October, that's when the clocks go back an hour. :)