The Ultimate Fireworks: 5-7 November 2010

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
RustyG

I'll be a bit gutted if they don't tie this in with scarefest to be honest. Anyone not within an hour or so drive of the towers is unlikely to attend both events.

When is the most likely time they'd do a show?

If it was to be tied in with scarefest I'd expect them to do a show at dusk. And with the 'scare mazes' closing at around 11ish I don't think they'd do a firework show after.

Me and Mrs Rusty make a big thing of going to scarefest as its the only thing that really happens between summer holidays and xmas for us

If push comes to shove and we have to chose (like I imagine many will) Scarefest can be the only winner for me.
Big Dave

Id still push for getting 3 firework nights a year and go to the local council and say looks at our gate figures when we use to have fireworks and look at them during scarefest. Scarefest is a good event dont get me worng, but I feel it doesnt draw in the crowd as much as fireworks did. I think using this they might be able to get a few extra firework nights out of them. On a recent trip we spoke about how Disney were able to put on a show most nights but they have fireworks that hardly make any noise. Maybe this is a plan for Alton?
PeteB

[quote=""Big Dave""]Id still push for getting 3 firework nights a year and go to the local council and say looks at our gate figures when we use to have fireworks and look at them during scarefest. Scarefest is a good event dont get me worng, but I feel it doesnt draw in the crowd as much as fireworks did. I think using this they might be able to get a few extra firework nights out of them. On a recent trip we spoke about how Disney were able to put on a show most nights but they have fireworks that hardly make any noise. Maybe this is a plan for Alton?[/quote]

Thats probably why disneys fireworks are rubbish, plus the shows always look like they fire one shell ever 30 seconds - thats not spectacular! You wanna see them propper blowing the place up like Alton do, and that can only be done with noise.
Chris W

Most traditional fireworks displays launch the pyro via explosives but Disney (Paris in particular) use air-powered launchers which can reduce the noise.

The air-launchers are practically silent so maybe they are something Alton can look into.
NickT04

What's the point of fireworks without the noise!?
stubpb

[quote="".Adam""]I'm sure they would do it as a stand alone event after Scarefest. Personally I think it will be on the Sat 6th and Sun 7th of November.[/quote]

I had found a press thing on thenet about them they WILL tie in with scarefest at the end of the event and run for 3 nights.

I also have emailed alton towers but they said they can not confirm dates yet.
Woooooo the fireworks are back at Alton Towers i really cant wait....
jomo1993

I hope they do tie it in with scarefest if im honest -

I think a day on scarefest park, followed by fireworks, followed by scare mazes, finally ending with a night in the hotel, would make for a truly magical experience :D
MIND THE DOORS PLEASE

MIND THE DOORS
popTART

I for one am all up for this. I have never been to a fireworks display at towers. I think the park has an amazing setting for the fireworks where they would be set of on the lake in front of the towers, which i would presume happened during electric towers.
taker316

[quote=""RustyG""]Anyone not within an hour or so drive of the towers is unlikely to attend both events. [/quote]
I live 2 hours away and I would still go. Then again I have an annual pass :)
R.I.P CORKSCREW R.I.P
1980-2008
CJH

Fireworks at Towers are simply amazing. Even better when the rides open after the show. (They used to not sure wether the last show had it or not.)

Legolands are amazing which leads me to believe that the return will be spectacular.
Chris 21 Manchester
stubpb

[quote=""taker316""][quote=""RustyG""]Anyone not within an hour or so drive of the towers is unlikely to attend both events. [/quote]
I live 2 hours away and I would still go. Then again I have an annual pass :)[/quote]

I live 2 hours away and am not a season pass but would be more than happy to go to both events and pay for both. Its out of this world and anyone who has been before will tell you there worth every penny.
Woooooo the fireworks are back at Alton Towers i really cant wait....
stesutton

the fireworks are not listed in the 2010 towers events. Hopefully they will return though as they are the best in the country.
Anonymous

I cannot wait for the fireworks to return hopefully that couple will not stink up a fuss but I have heard that they have already put complaints in for the concert in June :roll:
danny13

Those two people need to get a life. They live by a theme park and if they don't like it then they should move. It is not like there are huge events that make noise going on every day - its just a few days a year...
Islander

[quote=""damos1""]...legolands i think are not too good...[/quote]
Huh? When did you last go to Legoland's fireworks? It's generally considered to be amongst the best display in the south...
Johno

Legolands display was absolutely fantastic.

I mean incredible!
NickT04

[quote=""danny13""]Those two people need to get a life. They live by a theme park and if they don't like it then they should move. It is not like there are huge events that make noise going on every day - its just a few days a year...[/quote]

I'd aim the rockets at their house, knock a few tiles off.
Stern John

Anyone any ideas when the Fireworks will be? I've booked a hotel for the 30th October.
I'm hoping they will be around that weekend or hopefully over 2 weekends!
Another thing, does anyone know if I'll be able to get in to Scarefest/Fireworks with my standard AP?
ATR09

After being on a few Monorails this year, I am still to hear any word about Fireworks. Not that I'm saying it wasn't on there during Half-Term, but maybe it's been removed.

Which train was it heard on and I will check it out...?
cmpunk771

I heard some staff talking about it at the gate waiting to get it, they said alton had to beg to the council to have them