The Ultimate Fireworks: 5-7 November 2010

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Vik

The Flume closes due to poor lighting levels, as there are no floodlights around the circuit. The Flume has been open in the past at night when temporary lighting has been put in place, but the last few years this has not been the case.

The Rapids are still open at night, or at least they are for Scarefest.
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

Chris W

A TV Advert aired on ITV1 tonight (in a ad-break of Paul o'grady). This isn't the greatest quality video but it gives you an idea of what the adverts like.

Youtube Link (May take a while before its fully processed)

I love it! Especially the silhouettes of the rides and In The Hall of the Mountain King!
altongeek

Just saw it in the second ad break. It was awesome! :hgrin:
Rob L

Now there's something I wasn't expecting! I love the advert, it's very simple, but really effective and extremely well timed! It also shows how well ITHOTMK would fit in with the actual display, I really do hope they use it.

Also, it's really fantastic to hear the original version of ITHOTMK used in an advert again!

:D

onair

Cool good to see than are promoting it. They do need to advertise it. Look at Thorpe Blast the park was dead tho you cant beat the setting for the fireworks at Alton.
Rob L

The advert was on tonight during X Factor, and I've uploaded a slightly better quality version of it which can be found here. Sorry it takes a bit of time to get to the advert!

I'd imagine Alton Towers might upload the advert to their Facebook page or the official website sometime soon, which would be much better quality. We shall see!

:)

McFlurry

They should have used the Fireworks version at the end of the Logo to be honest. :lol:

It will be very interesting to see how popular the Ultimate Fireworks will be to be honest, as Alton Towers have mentioned that the are not dismissing ruling them out for the future.
NickT04

Preperations have already begun for the fireworks. The Towers side of the lake is fenced off, and lighting rigs have already been put up at the bottom of Towers Street. A few pics from my phone below. Sorry for the quality - didn't take the SLR today!

Lighting Rigs

Lights on far side of the lake

All these boxes were full of cabling!

Lights shown earlier on at the end of the day.
McFlurry

:shock:

I'm now officially loooking forward to this event! Thoose light rigs look impressive. Any sign of some sort of screen yet?
NickT04

Didn't see a screen today, but they seemed to be making sharp progress so maybe people visiting Tues - Thur can fill in the blanks!
AstroDan

I think the focus of this event is literally all on the fireworks. The whole Electric Towers style Tesla Coils, Screens etc. I doubt will make any sort of appearance.
Stern John

Nice pics, cant wait till Saturday! Those rigs at the bottom of Towers Street look like they wil be for speakers to hang from?
Last edited by Stern John on Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mcivkev

[quote=""Stern John""]Nice pics, cant wait till Saturday! Those rigs look like they wil be for speakers to hang from?[/quote]

i agree, deffo speaker rigs, but i have never seen them before when the fireworks were on. anyone else got anymore pics from the park today. am there from thursday till saturday
FDS Website & Media Design
Stern John

Can sort of make out 2 similar rigs in this pic from Electric Towers in 2006.
Seems to be alot more of them this time around, I'm excited!
McFlurry

The rigs in the picture above are for speakers, the once at the topc of this topic look to be for lights. As for a screen, there has been one for most of the Firework Displays.
Stern John

I'd like to see the lasers on top of the towers make a return and maybe the fountains!
Jamiem

I went to the big fireworks do back in 2005 I think. They had 2 huge lighting towers on the front side of the lake along with lasers and speakers, and a fountain on the lake that sprayed a flat screen which was projected on to. It looked amazing, and I hope they can equal or top that display! I'll be there early doors saturday and Sunday til close :)
ciaran

It good that Alton are starting the fireworks early rather than late! More chances to ride in the dark and im guessing most people will leave after them! This will also help congestion at the end of the night considering the pink concert went a bit pear shaped!
DiogoJ42

Hehehehe! I can't wait now! :mrgreen:

I wonder if we will see the return of Dr Pop Rocket? :lol:
McFlurry

[quote=""ciaran""]It good that Alton are starting the fireworks early rather than late! More chances to ride in the dark and im guessing most people will leave after them! This will also help congestion at the end of the night considering the pink concert went a bit pear shaped![/quote]

I was thinking about this actually, Fireworks are anturally seen as eventing an event. I'mm therefore hoping that seeing as most people will be right next to the park exit that they simply leave after the fireworks making the rides less busy and getting back to the hotel at the end of the night a bit easier! :D