Alton Towers: What Ever Happened to...?

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
.Will

You mean Four Man Bob right?

Well it was sold to Pleasure Island Family Theme Park then Flamingo Land then Grove Land and finally Loudoun Castle where it opperated for a little while and I think is now closed.

:)
LordOfDarkness

Wow, I love to hear about what happens to past Towers Rides :)

[align=center]Image

SamRyan ~ @SamRyanSport [/align]
.Will

This will take you to the Alton Towers RCDB page. You can see the past rollercoasters and where they are now.

blackholes crow

what ever happend to the miniture railway locomotives and rolling stock? are thay still on the park rotting away in an unknown corner
''holy crap lead wasps''. ''keep low and keep your eyes peeled boys were goin in guns blazing''
''ON THE FLOOR NOW''.''STAY DOWN OR ELSE''.
gaz1313

No, the two (three) locos were sold off, one quite recently. There is a recent topic outlining the exact whereabouts of the carriages and trains after Alton Towers

http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/viewtopi ... =3&t=29663
lozzyhickers

Whatever happened to...the steam effect in the Oblivion hole?
towers freak

I don't think the mist on Oblivion was ever in the hole exactly. The mist is still there around the drop but it's very feeble and doesn't quite have the same effect it once had as really it needs ripping out and replacing rather than having it repeatedly repaired. It also depends on when it was filled. From my experiances it's more visible on a day when its cold and the atmosphere is damp also its works better when its getting dark during scarefest and fireworks. The mist also tends to be sucked into the hole when the shuttle drops into the hole idue the suction of air created due to it traveling at some speed. I might be wrong though they might have had mist in the hole before I went in 2007.
Stelios7
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

It was very effective, so I have no idea on how they just can't repair it.
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.
towers freak

The problem with repeatedly repairing things is once its been repaired its more likely to never be the same again. Sometimes you have to completely replace things as it would be cheaper to buy a complete new one than to repeatedly repair the problem. In my honest opinion it needs ripping out and replacing as its reliability will have dropped each time its repaired.
Nightfall

I thought it was working fine during the Scarefest meet (assuming we're talking about the mist and not some other long lost smoke effect). If anything it was in a better condition than during any other recent trips. The cart I was on got a face full of the stuff, I certainly wouldn't say it needed any more.
[align=center]Image[/align]
Magrathea

I can't quite understand what people are moaning about; Oblivion's mist was working very very well a couple of days ago, and at the Scarefest meet, and indeed has been for the majority of the season :).
lozzyhickers

[quote=""Magrathea""]I can't quite understand what people are moaning about; Oblivion's mist was working very very well a couple of days ago, and at the Scarefest meet, and indeed has been for the majority of the season :).[/quote]

Maybe i'm going at the wrong times then, because it's never working when I go. It used to be brilliant when it was first installed, you coulnd't even see the curve of the track there was so much!
djtruefitt

The mist has been much better this year compared to the last few. Pretty much every visit I have been on this year has had some form of mist.

Has it always had mist, or did they used to use smoke?
RyanY

I know it might be somewhere else but what happened to the woodie AT were going to get. Does anyone know what it would have been like?
.Will

[quote=""ryanyoxall""]I know it might be somewhere else but what happened to the woodie AT were going to get. Does anyone know what it would have been like?[/quote]

Information and plans can be found here.

Stelios7

Argh, beat me to it. I think that's the closest were ever gonna' get to a woodie to grace AT.
RyanY

I have looked into it and someone has made a no limits recreation of the woodie that would have been made.

Here are the links:
Onride.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URTIRbqfTqc
Offride.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaLoR2K2 ... re=related
Stelios7

Nathan wrote: I thought it was just a silly PR stunt?

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the link below pretty much confirms it as a joke.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... 140717.ece
Last edited by Stelios7 on Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jackgcse

What ever Happened to the now abandoned and unloved houses in the Tower Gardens, I know one of them was a tea room, and the other probabably a ground keeper home, but why, what and when?