Alton Towers: What Ever Happened to...?

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
awsomelycoolboy

swalesuk01 wrote:Last time we went to Chessington what looked suspiciously like the carriage from gloomy wood was tucked away in the queue line for Vampire. They may have had there own but you could see the cut out in the back for you to pose for pictures like the one in gloomy wood and this one was in no place for a photo opportunity with it.
I noticed that myself. Surely it couldn't be the same one?
swalesuk01

Unfortunately we never went to chessington before we noticed the carriage disappear from gloomy wood to be sure. We are just going by the fact it looked more dumped out the way against a wall so you struggled to see the back was cut away to allow you to pose in the coffin. Like I say it could just be coincidence and they bought 2 at the same time but I couldn't see where it would have fitted in closer to the queue line or outside so you could have your photo with it and seems out the way of the rest of the themeing to the line.
inFusion

PeteB wrote:[quote=""El Patricko""]And too add, i'm fairly sure nemesis used to have an on ride photo located after the corkscrew rather then before the zero g.

whatever happened to the 2007 nemesis and rita music?
Yeah Nemesis has had a few different camera positions, I dunno why they kept changing it?

No idea what happend to the park's 2007 music though, it was all royalty free stuff and the chances of ever finding it are slim to zero! Would be an interesting listen if anyone did find it![/quote]

Sorry for the (very) late reply, but this video and this video contain the 2007 music.
Morgan

What ever happened to the old Hex videos? I heard that there used to be videos with a mad scientist or whatever, and that guests found it too confusing? Has anyone got these videos? :?
Dan

TTheory wrote:What ever happened to the old Hex videos? I heard that there used to be videos with a mad scientist or whatever, and that guests found it too confusing? Has anyone got these videos? :?
The Hex videos have been the same since the day it opened.

The "mad scientist" that you're referring to is the 15th Earl of Shrewsbury, whom the backstory and legend is centred around.
electricBlll_Returns

Not true, Hex was different in its first year and from what I've learnt it had a slightly goofier story following the historian chap retelling the legend. I've heard outtake footage from the Hex V1 video exists in archives somewhere, but nobody's ever found the original film. Very little is known about Hex V1 it seems.
rallyrob

What happened to oblivions audio on the hold and drop
jon18uk

rallyrob wrote:What happened to oblivions audio on the hold and drop

Noise abatement order, complaints from local residents.
inFusion

Sorry if this has been asked before, but whatever happened to the "Can You Cut It?" text on the underside of the Ripsaw gondola? I've seen recent pictures/videos of Ripsaw and it seems to have dissapeared.
Morgan

inFusion wrote:Sorry if this has been asked before, but whatever happened to the "Can You Cut It?" text on the underside of the Ripsaw gondola? I've seen recent pictures/videos of Ripsaw and it seems to have dissapeared.
I noticed that in March, but it had made a return in August. It's probably because they're still doing bits of maitenence.
Towers jamie

What ever happened to adrenaline week?
Vanessa Feltz

Towers jamie wrote:What ever happened to adrenaline week?
The same as most events, It wasn't popular enough to justify giving someone a lifetime annual pass ;)
jon18uk

Towers jamie wrote:What ever happened to adrenaline week?
The week between ScareFest and Fireworks is already very very quiet so there isn't a need to have another week after the fireworks.
lucozade

What happened to the Mississippi Showboat?

You can see it on this old video of towers when they are on the sky gondolas...

Also in the video is the 4 man Bob ;)
Paws

lucozade wrote:What happened to the Mississippi Showboat?
There is no Information available about the fate of the attraction but I believe it must have been taken apart, stored then later scrapped. There is a chance it might have been sold to another park somewhere but so far it hasn't shown up anywhere.
MRWTHO-AT

Does anyone know what has become of Submission and do AT still have the Bouncing Bugs?
Martin
Tom170499

What ever happened to the daisy monorail train? I haven't seen it in years
Adam.W

Tom170499 wrote:What ever happened to the daisy monorail train? I haven't seen it in years
I believe that the monorail trains are occasionally repainted/get a new cover thing. It was most likely replaced by one of the newer ones :)
Tryst

Tom170499 wrote:What ever happened to the daisy monorail train? I haven't seen it in years
According to http://dedalodigital.blogspot.co.uk/201 ... n.html?m=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; the cow monorail train was involved in an accident in 2012.
Tom

I will check my photos to be sure, but I'm pretty sure that this is the one now sitting in the maintenance storage area behind Duel. Presumably it's been used for spare parts for the rest of the fleet.