Alton Towers: What Ever Happened to...?

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
rollercoaster_crazy

was project shark not mutiny bay and the sealife centre? :?

On that note what happened to Jazzland?
AWTSW90

Unfortunately I seem to have taken my pictures in sepia :?
But anyway, here is Drayton Manors 'Mississippi Showboat' (Thanks Squiggles, I wouldn't have known what to call it :D ) Pics taken earlier this week coincidently.

I certainly wouldn't climb aboard, it's not in a good state at all!

bushboy2

[quote=""NF2""]Whatever happened to the Nemesis truck and bus smoke...[/quote]

The Nemesis truck is sat outside studios north, behind driving school, looking a bit of a sorry state. It was removed when Air was built to make way for paving and the fish and chips place.

As for the bus smoke, it was smoking at the end of last season.
towers freak

[quote=""rollercoaster_crazy""]was project shark not mutiny bay and the sealife centre? :? [/quote]
Mutiny bay was project penzance not project shark.
XIIIDom

Whatever happened to the nemesis themed merchandise?

also, whatever happened to it's sense of storyline (if it ever had one?)
edjc

Probably a silly question, but has the bus always been at the last barrel roll on Nemesis?
I had never noticed it before.
NF2

Yep, has been there since opening and used to (and occasionally still does) pump smoke out as if it had just crashed, the thing looked awesome at scarefest with the smoke on full and red lighting :D

It reads "Mushroom Cloud Luxury Tours" if you're interested :)
AWTSW90

And would I be right in thinking the service number is SW3?
Crofty

It has been smoking this week, just to let you all know. :)
Cameron

What happened to the old style Nemesis sign that was located on the bridge just after the vertical loop
Crofty

[quote=""Cameron""]What happened to the old style Nemesis sign that was located on the bridge just after the vertical loop[/quote]

I hope this is still there, I see no reason to take it down. It always reminded me of Nemesis past.
AstroDan

[quote=""Cameron""]What happened to the old style Nemesis sign that was located on the bridge just after the vertical loop[/quote]

This was saved and placed in Area 3 of the Queue Line. We saw it on a very busy day when the queue was well over 1 hour and that's your only chance these days. It sits in amongst some grass harking back to 1994.

:)
jomo1993

What are the different areas you are on about?

Sorry im a bit of a retard regarding these fine details :lol:
MIND THE DOORS PLEASE

MIND THE DOORS
Belleee94

Not only did I used to love the Peter Rabbit ice show, but I also remeber the rabbit borrow where you could get your picture taken with Peter Rabbit, I still have my picture at home. I wish they were still there, I'm not too sure why they changed it to Webmaster, and then eventually to an empty dome
For some things there is no rational explanation, there is no way out. There is no happy ending to this story.
Welcome to the unknown, welcome to eternal darkness.

Welcome to....

OBLIVION!
CoasterCrazyChris

[quote=""Belleee94""]Not only did I used to love the Peter Rabbit ice show, but I also remeber the rabbit borrow where you could get your picture taken with Peter Rabbit, I still have my picture at home. I wish they were still there, I'm not too sure why they changed it to Webmaster, and then eventually to an empty dome[/quote]

Yeah, are there any plans to redevelop that ice rink tent, or are they not allowed because of the close proximity to Alton village or something with regards to noise?

:?
John

[quote=""jomo1993""]What are the different areas you are on about?[/quote]

Area 1 is everything from the right of the entrance to the station, area 2 is the first extension to the left of the entrance, area 3 is the rest of the Q starting near the first drop, going round the top of the pit above the loop and back round the top of the lift.
El Patricko

And too add, i'm fairly sure nemesis used to have an on ride photo located after the corkscrew rather then before the zero g.

whatever happened to the 2007 nemesis and rita music?
"If Alton Towers get a shrek 4d attraction next year i, El Patricko will eat a steak garnished with pond weed"

Officially, "the first man out on the town in shorts 2011"
PeteB

[quote=""El Patricko""]And too add, i'm fairly sure nemesis used to have an on ride photo located after the corkscrew rather then before the zero g.

whatever happened to the 2007 nemesis and rita music?[/quote]

Yeah Nemesis has had a few different camera positions, I dunno why they kept changing it?

No idea what happend to the park's 2007 music though, it was all royalty free stuff and the chances of ever finding it are slim to zero! Would be an interesting listen if anyone did find it!
Chris1

What ever happened to the magic?...

:(
rollercoaster_crazy

[quote=""Chrïs""]What ever happened to the magic?...[/quote]

It died a PR heavy death - when cheap, tacky and rushed was the order of the day. I think there is some hope of revival at the moment.