Little site suggestion

Attraction Source and TowersTimes website news, comments and suggestions.
mezza

On the homepage of this wonderful website is a brillant map of Alton Towers created by the clever TowersTimes people. Every year, it evolves a little to show the new additions for that year.

In the history section, there are all the official Alton Towers Park Maps going right back to the beginning. Would it be possible to have an archive of all the old TowersTimes park maps? it would be an interesting way to see how the park has evolved. You could even put all the previous maps together in a little animation, so we could watch the park evolve before our very eyes.

Or is this just a silly idea?

Keep up the good work an' all that
EXIT THROUGH THE SHIPPING CONTAINER
DiogoJ42

That's a rather groovy idea. :yes:
DanB

There is already an archive at the bottom of this page
[url=http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/media/map.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/media/map.htm[/url]
Squiggles

I'll have a look at doing a map montage. Like DanB says you can see all the past TT maps linked at the bottom of the current map page.

In linked news you'll be pleased to hear the 2010 TT map is coming on nicely.
Edwardo..... move me!
mezza

Cool! Sorry, I hadn't realised a map archive already existed... that was the main thing I was looking for!

Looking forward to seeing the 2010 map!
EXIT THROUGH THE SHIPPING CONTAINER
Elliot

As this is a topic about site improvements, as TT has already worked with Alton and has got certain benefits from them; like in the close season you were able to get a 20% discount for the hotel, would it be possible for the site manager(s) to get into contact with the park so TT could have a live queue time feature?

Or is this just stupid?
AdamJ

^You need to think about the sheer amount of bandwidth it'd use to constantly update the system to work. Then the coding would be too much, I think anyway...
Joel

And the fact that Alton Towers' is highly unlikely to give up "man hours" and productivity of staff to complete such a task for us, never mind on their own site. All of the queue line information is hand updated by their staff as it is for queue boards.

I think it's probably irrelevant information to most people unless you're at the park right now, in which case the queue line boards are serving their purpose.

Nice idea, but never likely to happen.
mattbailey

Just a small thing really. Can you rename the Thirteen pages to Th13teen? It just feels wrong having the different name!
:oops:
Islander

[quote=""mattbailey""]Just a small thing really. Can you rename the Thirteen pages to Th13teen? It just feels wrong having the different name!
:oops:[/quote]
Well, it's not as if Alton are consistent with the naming - sometimes it's Th13teen, and sometimes Thirteen. I personally prefer the latter - it looks neater, and makes it look as if TowersTimes isn't a stickler for corporate identity (much like a Thorpe Park fansite referring to the park as Thorpe Park, and not THORPE PARK).
Anthony

I prefer simply Thirteen, I can't bring myself to write Th13teen.

It gives me the creeps, like writing ROFL...
DiogoJ42

At first I hated "Th13teen", but it's grown on me. (still feels odd to type it though).
I noticed that RCDB calls it "Thirteen", and that just looks wrong now! :P
nvincer

Rather than starting another thread for a little site suggestion, thought I would post in here.

Underneath the Attraction Index page, the Adventureland box still says Spinball Whizzer and has a thumbnail of the old colours of Spinball Whizzer.

Yes...I know its a little thing...

Ben