How Obsessed With Alton Towers Can You Get?

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.

Have you done something worse than mine?

Poll runs till Sat Mar 05, 2050 2:15 pm

Yes
55%
No
45%

Total votes: 146
Dan

nemefan08 wrote:I shouted at my friend for 10 mins when he called the marmaliser a spider and I draw a picture of 14 vertical loops when people say that the smiler has 14 LOOPS.
To be fair one of The Smiler mugs has 14 loops down the handle and as it was marketed as "The Worlds First 14 Looping Rollercoaster" you can't really blame non-enthusiasts for calling it that.
nemefan08

I know but when I say inversions are a preferred term he says "maybe on planet dreams but it's a 14 looping coaster." Oh yeah, I shout what inversion I'm on when riding the smiler and clap on the nemesis break run. On my first run on air (when I was 9) I shouted thank you wardley.
Adam.W

1. I collect alton towers maps.
2. I know the smiler circuit off by heart.
3. I actually like the smiler music
4. Me and some guys are making a giant alton towers on a server 1:1 scale.
I know all the ride music and sound effects.
TheBeast

I have a wall solely dedicated to park maps in my bedroom
(Although this isnt Alton Towers) I electrolysed my Saw Keyring to make it look more badass
I have 3 completely annotated AT park maps
I break through the school firewall every Friday in order to get onto TTFs
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!
Mermalizer

This is all very interesting and fun. Let me try:
[*]I check AT fan forums pretty much every day, clinging on for news about the latest developments.
[*]I constantly talk about how much I enjoyed Alton Towers (mostly to my parents).
[*]I constantly hum the tune to various versions of In the Hall of the Mountain King (including the normal version, the Sub-Terra advert's version, and the 'Ha-Ha-Ha' version). This also applies to foot-tapping.
[*]Speaking of 'Ha-Ha-Ha', I like to play the Smiler ride music on my computer whilst scrolling the forums.
[*]'Assume the position' is a part of my daily vocabulary (which can sometimes be succeeded with 'prepare for Submission'. ;)
[*]I have hugely expanded my roller coaster knowledge just by going on the 'big' roller coasters at Alton Towers. It greatly irritates others.
[*]I often watch documentaries based around the Oblivion campaign. Repetitively.
[*]I watch many POVs, and even act like I'm on the coaster (complete with screams and cheers).
[*]I am inclined to wear a Smiler t-shirt around any theme park.
and finally...
[*]I will take any opportunity to say a great deal about my marmalisation.
No denial about any of these. I have really been developed more by a Staffordshire theme park.
Prepare to be mermalized!
cookiee_munster

my first trip was back in 1993 and i was pretty much obsessed from then. i think a trip to disneyland paris followed a year later and i knew theme parks were going to be a big thing for me.

i haven't been to alton towers in over 10 years now. i don't really feel the need to go. im more interested in reading and finding out about the developments and new attractions than actually going on them.

ive got loads of memorabilia from back in the day. if i ever dig it all out from the loft i may be tempted to stick it all on ebay.
TheBeast

Noooooo, dont sell theme park memorabilia! !!
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!
cookiee_munster

TheBeast wrote:Noooooo, dont sell theme park memorabilia! !!
thing is. what with the nature of it, it'll likely goto another theme park enthusiast. which is what i'd want :)
Morgan

I'm always expanding ;)
jjoverrun

My friend once said that AT was a terrible themepark ( As a joke) and i ranted at him for 6 periods (High school periods for all you perverts :D) Also when i discovered ride sim I binged it for 24 HOURS

Credit to nemesis rider for this awesome pic :D
MerlinFan

Wow - can't claim to be as obsessed as any of you guys but I do get very excited whenever we drive past the AT signs on the motorway and always get told 'no' when I say I want to do a stop off. I hum many of the ride tunes especially AT theme tune and Smiler (ha ha ha). I wear my Smiler T Shirt at the gym! I reminisce a lot about Thunder Looper (it was brilliant) and often have weird theme park dreams quite frequently.

I am currently itching for Thorpe Park to reopen (we live closer to there as on the South Coast) and every trip we do AT has to be a two day one.
Zach

cookiee_munster wrote:my first trip was back in 1993 and i was pretty much obsessed from then. i think a trip to disneyland paris followed a year later and i knew theme parks were going to be a big thing for me.

i haven't been to alton towers in over 10 years now. i don't really feel the need to go. im more interested in reading and finding out about the developments and new attractions than actually going on them.

ive got loads of memorabilia from back in the day. if i ever dig it all out from the loft i may be tempted to stick it all on ebay.
Don't stick it on eBay, huge collector here buddy, PM with what you got! We can discuss prices I'm always interested! Massive collection I'm looking to make bigger!
alicheesy

-I have a wall of maps in my room (AT, TP, Chessie)
-I may have cried after I went on the last day of the season...
-I have most ride and area soundtracks and listen to all of them every time I am travelling to Alton Towers
-I frequently have dreams about Alton Towers
-I go on TT every day
-My Nemesis t-shirt is my favourite item of clothing
-I bought a transparent phone case just so I could put pictures of Alton Towers in it
-I have written many ride quotes in my school planner
-I went on the Runaway Mine Train 30 times in a row while it was hailing (before I was 1.4m)
-I mime along to the Hex story and almost know it off by heart
Thank you to Owen for the most fabulous signature to ever exist ever
Aidan Lowe

When you jump on a simulator because your getting towers withdrawal.

It was actually weird seeing this ancient footage, when it was just rock faces and bare trees.

Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Ryan.B

Where is that? I need it! :lol
jdoughtyqpr

6. I love the theme tune (also known as hall of the mountain king) so much, I've learned how to play it on piano, in a duet, with my mum on guitar.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Jesus Christ. Also I'm in tears over THANKYOU WARDLEY

Best. Post. Ever
KoasterKraver

I'm know as 'Alton Towers kid'
theparklifekid

every time i walk my dog i have imaginary conversations with myself about going to the towers with my friends, them asking me what we should do first, telling them what rides we should do first, and then moving my body in the pattern of the ride circuit.

also have dreams about the park and always seem to wake up right before the ride starts..... :(
Aidan Lowe

Not mine, kind of wish it was:

Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Adam.W

:yikes: I want that :O