How Obsessed With Alton Towers Can You Get?

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.

Have you done something worse than mine?

Poll runs till Sat Mar 05, 2050 2:15 pm

Yes
55%
No
45%

Total votes: 146
nemyjoe

when my friends just say the name alton towers i get a little AT orgasm HAHA. when i hear alton towers on the TV i stop what ever i am doing just to listen to them 5 seconds of a comedian mention it.
once in school we had to do a presentation about a number of your choice so what did i do ... i did the whole presentation about 13 AHAHAHA.
Ryan.B

To be honest, my science exam was perfect for me, I pointed out so many different mistakes it was embarrassing. In the booklet it had something about. The Nemesis roller coaster at Alton Towers drops vertically down at a speed of 45 mph into a 100m pit. How low would the track have to rise for the train to get back to the station, even worse, the picture was of Griffon, as you can imagine I crossed out Nemesis for Oblivion, 45 mph for 69 mph and 100m for 35m and then wrote a note saying The roller coaster is Griffon at Busch Gardens Williamsburg and Oblivion is Black, not blue. What is the point in trying to make these tests entertaining with incorrect knowledge, not entertaining for me, it's frustrating to see these papers
NemesisRider

People think I'm odd when I tell them that Oblivion is not quite vertical, it's 87 degrees.

My apologies to anyone who's childhood I have ruined
Alex

NemesisRider wrote:People think I'm odd when I tell them that Oblivion is not quite vertical, it's 87 degrees.

My apologies to anyone who's childhood I have ruined
I would guess that as we are on an Alton Towers fan site that most people would know this already, so I wouldn't worry about ruining peoples childhoods. ;)
NemeJaney

AT lover wrote:To be honest, my science exam was perfect for me, I pointed out so many different mistakes it was embarrassing. In the booklet it had something about. The Nemesis roller coaster at Alton Towers drops vertically down at a speed of 45 mph into a 100m pit. How low would the track have to rise for the train to get back to the station, even worse, the picture was of Griffon, as you can imagine I crossed out Nemesis for Oblivion, 45 mph for 69 mph and 100m for 35m and then wrote a note saying The roller coaster is Griffon at Busch Gardens Williamsburg and Oblivion is Black, not blue. What is the point in trying to make these tests entertaining with incorrect knowledge, not entertaining for me, it's frustrating to see these papers
That sounds so frustrating! Was it an official exam? If not, I'd have stood up and given the class a lecture about it :lol
NemesisRider

I think NemesisJaney has to be one of the most obsessed.

Janey, did I see you hug a Nemesis support as we left the park at the sizzler?
Aidan Lowe

NemesisRider wrote:Janey, did I see you hug a Nemesis support as we left the park at the sizzler?
That's just showing some love. I've hugged a guy called Dave several times who works on The Smiler / Oblivion :D
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Ryan.B

Wasn't official but I did complain to the teacher very loudly, so everyone could hear me at the end, when a 12 year old can outsmart a teacher completely :twisted:
NemesisRider

Does anybody else here sit on there own and recite facts about the rides? I do :D
Ryan.B

Same here, I know a lot of the top trumps of by heart and correct the facts.
JustWill

Pretended I was on Oblivion whilst jumping off a climbing frame 8-[
TheBeast

I'm writing a guide to each and every major British ride in my opinion, with over 40 rides listed. Its taken me a month for the first three entries
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!
NemeJaney

NemesisRider wrote:I think NemesisJaney has to be one of the most obsessed.

Janey, did I see you hug a Nemesis support as we left the park at the sizzler?
Not a support, a track-morph leg. That's not the first time I hugged her that day, either! I would have done more if the TTF-current wasn't pulling me away from her. :D
And yes, you'd probably be right in thinking I'm one of the most obsessed(with Nemmy, specifically).
NemesisRider

Awww I bet Nemesis (the ride) and NemesisJaney would be a perfect couple! :lol :P ;) I "ship" it
NemeJaney

NemesisRider wrote:Awww I bet Nemesis (the ride) and NemesisJaney would be a perfect couple! :lol :P ;) I "ship" it
Nemmy and I ARE a perfect couple :D
Wasn't there a lady who married the Eiffel Tower? It's giving me ideas...
Morgan

Alright, I'm not that obsessed I'll marry a coaster... for the next few years...
-Every week you watch Theme-Park-Worldwide: The Show
-Your wall is littered with theme-park maps, leaflets etc.
-You have a TowersTimes account :lol
-You still have the box from Smiler's pizza
-You refuse to wear any clothes that aren't theme-park clothes
And last, but not least...
-You drink Ribena, not just for the taste
NemesisRider

OMG I'll become a vicar so I can marry NemesisJaney to Nemesis! Who's going to sort out the flowers and rings? :D
Morgan

I'll do rings. Will a master-blaster ring from the water-park fit the Nemmy creature!? Ooh, a house-warming gift from me will be a bathtub from the flume!
Ryan.B

Some person at my school protested about not going on the Alton Towers trip last year because of the silly rules of uniform and they wore a thirteen hoodie. Well that gave us an whole protest in the uniform rules. (The shoes have to be completely plain and no trouser pockets allowed) we were allowed a clean protest so me and my friend went In matching smiler t shirts and caps along with thirteen hoodies with signs saying we need alton towers for some reason. Needless to say the teacher swapped the trip to the engineering museum I think it was to An educational trip to alton towers. This is the same teacher that made the test mistakes but if it means I get behind the scenes if I don't get a detention before November I'm up for it. Oh and we are allowed to have shoes that aren't completely plain and shoes with logos now. The trouser pocket rule has gone as well. Even some of the parents protested. Me and my friend just, well sat there randomly waving our signs. I can say I don't like protests though.
nemefan08

I shouted at my friend for 10 mins when he called the marmaliser a spider and I draw a picture of 14 vertical loops when people say that the smiler has 14 LOOPS.