Have you ever been hurt on a ride?

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Blaze

You find Wild Mouse painful! :shock:

That's one ride that I find incredibly soft. It's wild (sorry for the dreadfull pun), but it doesn't hurt me. Maybe I'm just wierd because I'm the only one who thinks this :lol: :?
SIMR

Are you actually being serious! :lol: It was horrid, the 2 last turns almost cracked my ribs. What made me laugh was the fact that me and my friend (a boy) were in line with our other friends, and we counted and we would have got the pink mouse. Now 2 boys squashed up in a pink mouse? Yeah, not good, so we decided to switch places with some girls :D Irrelevant, but now you know.
bradpeet

[quote=""Blaze""]You find Wild Mouse painful! :shock:

That's one ride that I find incredibly soft. It's wild (sorry for the dreadfull pun), but it doesn't hurt me. Maybe I'm just wierd because I'm the only one who thinks this :lol: :?[/quote]

Well, I sort of agree with you.

I'd not call it painful, but sometimes you can get thrown against the side. It's certainly 'wild' though - I love it.

It depends how you define 'hurt'. I've never been injured by a ride (as far as I can remember) but I've certainly had my ears hurt by being bashed against OTSRs.
Bear

The Ultimate, front row with my massively overweight dad, with hail!

An absolutely life-changing amount of pain. The singular most fun ride I have ever had though!
alvpel

I find Stamtida painful
Giant Inverted Boomerangs if your harness isn´t tight,
TopSpins, there is one were they stop you upside down for 4 seconds, I see blurry after that
my friend Nemeseis and his young brother Batman the Ride give me a #-o
Submission is just not good for your balls
Space Mountain Disney Orlando, my arm got hit by a support
Space Mountain Mission 2 DLP
Rock n´Roll Roller Coaster DLP and Disney Orlando
I think thats all :lol:
Lilypad

-I'm quite skinny, so when the restraints of RITA came down it was very uncomortable on my stomach, because they were fitted to tight for my height.

-On a Sizzler I often get pounded on my upper arms.

-SAW. :cry: It makes Corkscrew look soft and comforting.
ukool

When i was about 10 i nearly fell out of the waltzers at a fair, i was sat right under the bar and my dad had to hold me in. Also the first time i went to Pleasure wood hills thier was a flat ride that went upside down - dont remember the name, but it killed my back and i felt to ill to go on anything for the rest of the day which has never happend since or before.
Blaze

[quote=""MegaJib""]The Ultimate, front row with my massively overweight dad, with hail!

An absolutely life-changing amount of pain. The singular most fun ride I have ever had though![/quote]
I am really jealous :shock:
UnleashedLlama

I get a headache just thinking about going on Sore the Ride.

Also, I'm 6 foot 2 with big shoulders so the restraints on top spins feel like they are ripping my shoulders away from my torso, backwards. I now refuse to ride them, despite the fact I use to love them (when I was shorter and had smaller shoulders). :(
New for 2011]
starbugger1303

Because i am quite small, Rita is always a pain! On the air time hills i basically stood up and didnt half hurt my shoulders! :x
Rathaus

I cracked a lower rib on Rattlesnake a while ago. Does that count? :P
A5H

Everytime I come off Pandemonium at Drayton Manor I come off with a really painful right wrist, it always aggrovates an onld injury i had on my wrist a few years back, it's worth the pain though, I love this ride :P
Pennywise

The Ultimate.

'nuff said. ;)
Craig

When I was about 8ish I think it was, I ended up getting hurt on the slide at Spanish City. You know, the big ones that are bumpy on the way down that you go down on mats. I went way way way too fast down it, flying off each of the hills and proceeded to smash my back down onto the next hill. Ended up with really bad bruising and a cracked coccyx.

Shame there was no compensation culture back then, I could've been rolling in it!

Aside from that, there's been no major injuries really, few headaches and stuff but nothing that's done too much harm. There was the recent alpine coaster incident where I decided to lean forward in a bit to go faster. I then forgot the last corner was pretty damn right and almost got thrown out. Fortunately, the seatbelt stopped me by catching my arm, but it suffered a tad of a whiplash injury :P.

Spike
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

Lions Fair in Blackpool, I was around 10 years old when I got off a Mixer/Sizzler ride (Not sure of it's proper name) as it was slowing to a halt, I was dragged by the ground arm under the carridge and scrapped the backs of both legs. #-o

I also busted my lip open on The Soopa Looper at LWV, my first looping coaster lol :roll:
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*
Blaze

Ultimate! Hard to think of an injury I didn't sustain from that today :lol:

But good God, I love it :D
Mitch

Well if you don't count rides which are generally horrifically rough (Big Dipper) or rides with terrible restraints (I'm looking at you, G-Force) I can only really think of one incident just a couple of weeks ago on Indiana Jones et le Temple du Peril at Disneyland Paris.

The ride itself was horrifically rough especially to the head but on the second to last brake run the train came to a sudden stop. It wasn't a smooth stop, it was a deceleration from around 30mph to 0 in (judging by the after-effects) about a second. It gave me a bit of whiplash and I got winded as well, not severe but it hurt quite a lot. Stupid ride.
Rowe

There's always some body part of me that will get hurt whenever I go on a ride at any theme park: It's almost tradition now. The latest I've been hurt is on Slammer at Thorpe which to be honest, was my own fault as I had the overhead restraints too tight on my shoulders thus resulting in a bloody and bruised mark.
starbugger1303

i was hurt inside when the corckscrew closed. does that count?
Rowe

[quote=""starbugger1303""]i was hurt inside when the corckscrew closed. does that count?[/quote]

If you disliked Thirteen, then probably yes.