Quick Questions 2010

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
NickT04

[quote=""delboy_c""]Hello all,

My last post mentioned general discounts, the reponce was great, thank you for your help with that.

Now I have a new question, is there any discount vouchers for purchasing photos/usb stick? Im sure I have seen a post where someone claims to have printed the voucher from the main AT website, however I cant seem to find it.

As always you guys know more than me when it comes to Alton Towers :lol:[/quote]

[url=http://www.altontowers.com/default.aspx ... rms=Photos" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.altontowers.com/default.aspx ... rms=Photos[/url]

That webpage contains the voucher for £2 of a SINGLE photo. So one picture will cost you £5 instead of £7. The page itself isn't linked on the website, I had to put photos into the website serach engine.

Offer valid until June 30.
kimbyanne

Does AT ever close rides if the rain gets too heavy?

I am going next Monday and Tuesday and the weather isn't looking good.
:cry:
Vik

Only if there is a thunder storm, otherwise rides will still operate. Nemesis in the rain will be rather intense especially when ridden at the back. Rita front row will be painful with the rain hitting you in the face as you race round at 60mph, but it is a must do just to experience it. :D
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

kimbyanne

[quote=""Vik""]Only if there is a thunder storm, otherwise rides will still operate. Nemesis in the rain will be rather intense especially when ridden at the back. Rita front row will be painful with the rain hitting you in the face as you race round at 60mph, but it is a must do just to experience it. :D[/quote]

Brilliant, I was having visions of none of the rides operating! I guess if it rains, it rains. Nothing I can do about it, I would rather it not rain though!
Daniel H

First off hello I am Daniel H and some of you may know me from a Thorpe Park Fansite. Anyway, I am planning to potentially go to Alton Towers on the 4th of July and I have a few questions.

1. I know 'how long will the queue for ride X be' questions are stupid so I would like to know if there are lots of school trips on Sundays: I know this is the school trip season but I am hoping that they are mostly Monday to Saturday.

2. I know at the beginning of the season that going to FV at the start of the day and going to the Dark Forest in the afternoon was the way to get the most amount of rides; does this still hold true?

3. After proving that public transport to Alton Towers is a nightmare for my friend and I, my parents have offered to drive us there and back. They have a National Trust Annual Pass and there seem to be quite a few places near the towers. Does anyone have any recommendations for which ones they should go to?
bradpeet

[quote=""Daniel H""]After proving that public transport to Alton Towers is a nightmare for my friend and I, my parents have offered to drive us there and back. They have a National Trust Annual Pass and there seem to be quite a few places near the towers. Does anyone have any recommendations for which ones they should go to?[/quote]

Good planning ;)

I've browsed the National Trust website, and found the following events are taking place on 4th July - so are worth consideration.

[url=http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/main/w- ... rtyID=3912" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/main/w- ... rtyID=3912[/url] (That link may not work properly, if not, I searched for events>East Midlands>Derbyshire>4 July)

If they like open countryside though and are tempted to visit Dovedale, I would suggest that they visit the Manifold Valley instead [url=http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/main/w- ... rtyID=3912" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/main/w- ... rtyID=3912[/url] Dovedale is likely to be really busy at that time of year, but the Manifold Valley less so.
dmmosh1

hi need help with accomodation for saturday june 19th near AT, there hotel is to expensive right now and the chained oak B and B is all booed up. does any one know any cheap accomodation near by we dont have a car so needs to be walking distance preferably a B and B but a cmap site will do x
swes

Can anyone help me with uploading pictures from flickr. any help would be most welcome. Thanks.
Alton Towers where wonders never cease
pompeymich

I understand from reading some posts on here that bags are not allowed on some rides (understandable for the fast coasters). But are they banned from all rides, or just the coasters/thrill rides? I will be with my 6 year old son, so we will only be going on kiddie/family rides, and we normally take a small rucksack with us for drinks and a few snacks.

Are they allowed on rides like the RMT, CATCF, river rapids and log flume for example? At Legoland and Disneyland Paris there was never an issue with any of the 'family' rides I took my rucksack on, and I just wondered if AT will be similar.
I\'m not overweight, just under-tall!
NeilHD

[quote=""pompeymich""]I understand from reading some posts on here that bags are not allowed on some rides (understandable for the fast coasters). But are they banned from all rides, or just the coasters/thrill rides? I will be with my 6 year old son, so we will only be going on kiddie/family rides, and we normally take a small rucksack with us for drinks and a few snacks.

Are they allowed on rides like the RMT, CATCF, river rapids and log flume for example? At Legoland and Disneyland Paris there was never an issue with any of the 'family' rides I took my rucksack on, and I just wondered if AT will be similar.[/quote]

RMT - leave it on the side. It will be perfectly safe.
CATCF - Take it on with you (there's even a "boot" at the back of the boat).
Rapids - Take it on with you (put it in the middle bit you hold on to)
Flume -Take it on with you.

The fast coasters have cages where you can leave your stuff. They normally operate one cage per train so it'll only be open again when you get off and those on alternating trains will not have access to the cage with your stuff in it.
pompeymich

Thanks for the quick response Neil. One respect point coming your way.
I\'m not overweight, just under-tall!
jomo1993

I know there are lots of pictures on facebook, and just generally on the net, but do Alton allow guests to wear morphsuits in the park.

Personally i dont see why not, but i was just wondering seen as though masks are banned at scarefest (although morphsuits arnt scary unlike some halloween masks)

Thanks people anyway :D
MIND THE DOORS PLEASE

MIND THE DOORS
Badgy

[quote=""jomo1993""]I know there are lots of pictures on facebook, and just generally on the net, but do Alton allow guests to wear morphsuits in the park.

[/quote]

Judging by the 5 multicoloured guys I saw there early in may, I would say they do. They changed into them at the car park and entered the park unchallenged at the turnstiles.

I guess its pretty hard to conceal something in a morphsuit, and you do stand out quite a bit from the crowd :D
WANTED - Schroedingers Cat - Dead or Alive!
spike1911

Hey, ive booked my hotel for 3 night in October for Scarefest. I'm planning on visiting for 3 days but they seem to only do 2 day tickets. What would be the cheapest way for me to get tickets for the 3 days?
Chris W

The cheapest way will probably be buying a 2 day ticket and then on the 2nd day buy a Towers2 bounceback ticket. (Which can be bought for £9 from Sales and Information outlets)
spike1911

Yer i did wonder about that, only thing id be worried about is if the park totally sold out, although unlikely...
Chris W

I can't recall the park ever being sold out during Scarefest, you would be fine! :)
heart_toes

I'm planning on going to AT on the 17th of June (next Thursday). Can anyone give me any indication of how busy it will be around this time, and would it be worth purchasing fastrack tickets?
On a side note- if I purchase fastrack tickets in advance where do I collect them in the park?
Thanks.
Davy Jones: Dinner is cruel. Why should dessert be any different?
cmpunk771

Hi there,

I am attending then as well that day with school so i assume its going to be busy there.

My best advice i can give is get as many rides done in the morning then at lunch decide if you need fastracks as they are unlikely to sell out.

If you do order them online you pick them up on the way in.
dmmosh1

I noticed there is a place very close to Alton Towers that has Flamingos there. I would love to go and see them but can't find a web site and dont know what is called, does any one have any info?

Also can you pay for the breakfast at the hotel if your'e not staying there (i love buffet breakfast)?

I've accidentaly booked fast passes for the wrong date, would AT let me change the date of them?

Thanks
Dan x
Last edited by dmmosh1 on Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.