Quick Questions 2010

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Ontopia

When does the 'school trip' season begin and will the 14th June be busy or not?
pompeymich

[quote=""Ontopia""]When does the 'school trip' season begin and will the 14th June be busy or not?[/quote]

You should be OK on 14th June - from my experience school trips are normally in the last couple of weeks of term, so will be slap in the middle of when I'm going instead - 12th-22nd July! Most English schools break up on the 23rd July, but Scottish schools finish on 2nd July, but I dare say there wouldn't be many Scottish school trips to AT as its just a bit too far.

---- Post Info Added ----

As I said above, I'm going to be going to Splash Landings for 10 nights in July - are there any specific decent rooms to ask for? For example, would it be good to request a room overlooking the water park?

Also, what time do the restaurants finish serving till in the park - for example, if the park closure time is 6pm, what time will the restaurants serve till - right up to that time or a bit before?
I\'m not overweight, just under-tall!
Ontopia

[quote=""pompeymich""][quote=""Ontopia""]When does the 'school trip' season begin and will the 14th June be busy or not?[/quote]

You should be OK on 14th June - from my experience school trips are normally in the last couple of weeks of term, so will be slap in the middle of when I'm going instead - 12th-22nd July! Most English schools break up on the 23rd July, but Scottish schools finish on 2nd July, but I dare say there wouldn't be many Scottish school trips to AT as its just a bit too far.

[/quote]

Any ideas what queue time may be like? Would I need fastrack?
onair

[quote=""cmpunk771""]The annual pass is Valid for the day but for the record the Park is going to be Heaving that day[/quote]

Thanks.
Ontopia

Any ideas what queues time may be like on Monday 14th June.
Would i need fastrack?
Joel

[quote=""Ontopia""]Any ideas what queues time may be like on Monday 14th June.
Would i need fastrack?[/quote]

You've already posted this in the "How Busy? 2010" topic where it should be, and the reason nobody has probably answered is because people don't know.

Can we remind people that we don't actually have crystal balls, and we can't really predict such things as queue times. Its frustrating to see the same question asked over and over and people get frustrated when we seemingly "dont answer it".

In all honesty, its dead simple to work out if the park is going to be "busy" or "quiet". Other than those two exact words, you can't really give any indication of how long queue times are going to be until you get there and people choose what ride they are going to ride at any given time. Even on a very busy day a ride can have a short queue at any particular given moment!

So, in short, the method us crystal ball gazers use is:

It'll likely be busy:

- School Holidays (use a term time calendar to help)
- Bank Holiday Weekends (more so the Saturday/Sunday)
- School trip season (June/July - use a term time calendar to help)
- Big events on at the park

It'll likely be moderately busy:

- Bank Holiday Mondays
- When the weather is nice at the weekend
- Most weekends around this late spring/summer time

It'll hopefully be reasonably quiet:

- Any other time to the above, particularly the start of the weekdays.

There's probably some more indicators to determine how busy, but these are the considerations we use to GUESS how busy the park will be in broad general terms.

The other thing is the park is showing a growth in visitor numbers, particularly during the "historically" quieter time of the years.

Ultimately nobody can truly predict how busy the park is - they may have an idea themselves, but they don't share that information willingly either I'm afraid.
kimbyanne

Just spotted on the AT website a printable voucher for £2 off a single on-ride photo. It states in the T&C's one voucher per person per transaction. Therefore I am wondering, if I printed off several of the vouchers and used one at say Oblivion, one at Nemesis and so on etc would I be able to use a voucher each time because technically it is a separate transaction?

How much is a single on-ride photo anyway? About £7?

Also, I am going to want on-ride photos for most of the rides I go on (first time at AT) so is there a cheaper way of buying them than having to pay out £5-£7 for each one?

Last question, could someone explain to me how I can buy merchandise and ask for it to be collected later? Where does it go and where would I collect it from?

Thanks
James6

You can get a photopass which is £20 for 4 and they are normally £8

If you have an AP you get 20% off the photopass but not off individual photo's.

And I think you just ask them to collect it somewhere in Towers Street, they'll tell you where, and I'm sure you can do the same with merchandise too.
If you go down to the Towers today, you\'d better ride Th13teen. :P
Rollercoaster 4 Life

[quote=""kimbyanne""]Last question, could someone explain to me how I can buy merchandise and ask for it to be collected later? Where does it go and where would I collect it from?[/quote]

You can ask when you buy items around the park to have them taken to the front for collection after 4PM. Then when you are going to leave you can go to Towers Trading (on the left as you walk into the park through the turnstiles and down the ramp - Or on your right as you are leaving the park). Just go into Towers Trading and go all the way to the end (where you pay for purchases in Towers Trading) and go through and in the top right-hand corner you will see a desk that says 'Collection point' or something like that. Just give your slip that you get given when you buy an item and they will ask for your name - once you confirm your name they give you your items.

Hope it helps! :)
Yesterday\'s the past, tomorrow\'s the future, but today is a gift. That\'s why it\'s called the present.

PSN ID]Bankzy108
Add me if you want!
Groovee

[quote=""pompeymich""][quote=""Ontopia""]When does the 'school trip' season begin and will the 14th June be busy or not?[/quote]

but Scottish schools finish on 2nd July, [/quote]

Actually some councils are finishing on the 25th and the Edinburgh school finish on the 1st of July. Quite a few people at school are planning on going on the 2nd from round here like we did last year.
Louise
kimbyanne

£8 a photo...pricey.

I might get the four for £20 then. I have heard about a USB Stick as well, can someone explain that? I assume they download the photos to the stick rather than printing them out? Does that make it any cheaper!?!
Coke

The USB Stick is £10 and includes one photo. Every other photo on the USB stick costs £5 (used to be £4).

Are you thirsty?
Rollercoaster 4 Life

[quote=""Coke""]The USB Stick is £10 and includes one photo. Every other photo on the USB stick costs £5 (used to be £4).[/quote]

How does it work? When you get your first photo can you ask for it to be on the USB...then you get charged £10 and then if you want another one you hand over your USB stick and they put it on it for £5? How big is the USB Stick? I'm guessing 512MB? If its a gig or two then it would be worth it just for the memory stick - with an Alton Towers logo on? :)
Yesterday\'s the past, tomorrow\'s the future, but today is a gift. That\'s why it\'s called the present.

PSN ID]Bankzy108
Add me if you want!
James6

Bit of a random question but :P

Which way would the Corkscrew have gone through the corkscrew's in there current position :) ? So which way round have they been constructed?
delboy_c

Hello all,

My last post mentioned general discounts, the reponce was great, thank you for your help with that.

Now I have a new question, is there any discount vouchers for purchasing photos/usb stick? Im sure I have seen a post where someone claims to have printed the voucher from the main AT website, however I cant seem to find it.

As always you guys know more than me when it comes to Alton Towers :lol:
Last edited by delboy_c on Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John

As you get off the monorail, the one on the right is the first you would go through on the ride.

The giveaway is the new support at the far right (furthest from the camera in this photo) - this is a replacement for the 'frame' support that attached to the station as seen here
James6

Ah yes I see, thanks very much, another meaningless yet awesome fact :D
Coke

[quote=""Rollercoaster 4 Life""][quote=""Coke""]The USB Stick is £10 and includes one photo. Every other photo on the USB stick costs £5 (used to be £4).[/quote]

How does it work? When you get your first photo can you ask for it to be on the USB...then you get charged £10 and then if you want another one you hand over your USB stick and they put it on it for £5? How big is the USB Stick? I'm guessing 512MB? If its a gig or two then it would be worth it just for the memory stick - with an Alton Towers logo on? :)[/quote]

Yes, that's it. I have checked and the USB stick has 125MB storage. It is a wristband shape and is plastic with Alton Towers Resort 2010 engraved. It is purple.

[quote=""delboy_c""]Now I have a new question, is there any discount vouchers for purchasing photos/usb stick? Im sure I have seen a post where someone claims to have printed the voucher from the main AT website, however I cant seem to find it.

[/quote]
The only discounts you are likely to find with Picsolve are buying in bulk quantities, eg Photopass.

Are you thirsty?
elmerfudd

^What about AP holders? Do they get a discount?
Vik

AP holders get 20% discount on the photopass but not individual photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel