Quick Questions 2010

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Martin.C

Hi,

Next year, me and my mate are thinking of staying at one of the resort hotels in August. We are planning to stay in 1 room with 2 separate beds for 3 nights. But when I book for a room on the website, literally every day says it has already been booked up.

Is it really booked up that quick?!
Or, is it because Alton don't let you book that far ahead yet until later next year?

The date we are planning to arrive for 3 nights is on the 25th August by the way.
Thanks.
Michaél

I've just had a go. There are rooms available.

Perhaps you didn't put the right info in? :?

Two Adults (Over 12)

1 Room

3 Nights Starting on 25th August 2011

Showed that there were rooms available. If you are both going to be 16, then you'll want to book here: [url=https://alton.merlinbreaks.co.uk/c/availability_v3/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]https://alton.merlinbreaks.co.uk/c/availability_v3/[/url]? getting an adult twin. :)
Martin.C

[quote=""michael""]I've just had a go. There are rooms available.

Perhaps you didn't put the right info in? :?

Two Adults (Over 12)

1 Room

3 Nights Starting on 25th August 2011

Showed that there were rooms available.[/quote]
Is this correct?

Package type: Room only
Check-in: 25/08/11
Adults (over 16 years old): 2
For: 3 nights
Rooms: Double - 2 adults

I've tried that but still no results. :?
Is there still something I'm doing wrong here? If so, how did you do it?

Sorry if I sound like an idiot, it's just my first time at booking a hotel on Alton's website.

This is where I went:
https://secure.alton-towers-breaks.co.uk/AltonTowers/#
James

Try this page for hotel bookings: [url=https://www.altontowers.com/book-hotel/step-1/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]https://www.altontowers.com/book-hotel/step-1/[/url]

If that fails then just ring up Alton Towers and book your stay over the phone. Hotel Reservation number: 0871 222 1100 Phone line open Monday-Friday 9am-5pm. Saturday 9am-1pm and closed on Sundays.
Martin.C

[quote=""James""]Try this page for hotel bookings: [url=https://www.altontowers.com/book-hotel/step-1/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]https://www.altontowers.com/book-hotel/step-1/[/url]

If that fails then just ring up Alton Towers and book your stay over the phone. Hotel Reservation number: 0871 222 1100 Phone line open Monday-Friday 9am-5pm. Saturday 9am-1pm and closed on Sundays.[/quote]
Cheers James, I'll see what I can do by using that method.

Michael, I'm sorry to say this, but it still doesn't work on me. Probably doesn't like me! :lol:
Tom G

When and why did Oblivion ride DVDs stop? They were available at the end of May/early June when I first went but not in Oct/Nov?
Adam

I'm assuming due to poor sales. Seems strange though as the cameras still remain and it must not have been cheap to install it all.
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
rhejenko

Hey Guys

Just a quick question which is not relevant to any topic just thought i would try on here i need somebody to design me a Signiture for my profile if anybody would like to design me on could you please PM me please [-o<

I really want one so get in touch :P

Thanks MWAHH :P
NEMMY CHIC
Randomizer462

Hey Guys!, Do you know wether you have to stay in the Hotel to go to the Febuary Half Term?
Nightfall

[quote=""Randomizer462""]Hey Guys!, Do you know wether you have to stay in the Hotel to go to the Febuary Half Term?[/quote]Hi :wave:
February Half Term is open to everyone, not just Hotel guests. The only reason it's classed as a special event is because some rides will still be closed during winter maintenance.
[align=center]Image[/align]
Jollylee11

I was just wondering has anyone seen an nemesis test seat? if their is one :)
Last edited by Jollylee11 on Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
starbugger1303

There isn't one unfortunately however there are ones on Oblivion and Air. :)
Voke

And Rita.
John

Air's broke towards the end of last season, I don't know if they intend to repair/replace it though.
Jollylee11

Thanks :D i was just wondering why they don't have one, very strange...
Crofty

It might be due to the age of the ride but more probably is the fact that the seats are pretty suitable for the vast majority of riders so there isn't really a need for a test seat where as Rita for example has some issues with riders not being able to sit in the cars comfortably. :)
Martin.C

Recently, I've been looking high and low for some desktop backgrounds of Th13teen. But I haven't been able to find any decent pictures on the internet.

I've used TT's ones for quite a while now and I'm trying to look for some more.

Does anyone know of any websites where I can find some pictures?
If so, please let me know as soon as possible, since I cannot seem to find any on the web at the moment.

(My screen resolution is 1280 x 800 pixels).

Many thanks. :)
John

On a similar note, someone posted a pic of the th13teen entrance with a rita train going overhead ages ago. It was at a slight angle, and whoever took it also posted the original version with the camera level for comparison.

I used to have it as a desktop background but lost it when I changed to something else. Does anyone know the image I'm talking about and where to find it?
captain

It was taken by Nightfall, and he provided a download link for the original file, but sorry I can't remember where. Hopefully he will see this topic and let us know!
[align=center]Santa Clara[/align]
Islander

Given that he did provide it for download in the first place, I'm gonna assume he wouldn't mind it being reposted, so here y'go :). 'Tis one of my desktop backgrounds...