Quick Questions 2010

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Khanage

Hey James,

From an article written in 2007 I found this quote:
A spokesman for Alton Towers, which employs 2,500 people, said...
Hope this helps. :D
Thanks to Adzy for the sig & av.

James

Yeah, that's fine, thank you.

:D
jomo1993

Will the February half term event be busy?

I know it wasnt last year, and im guessing it wont be this year because people will just think i might aswell go when 13 opens, but loads of rides are open so i dont know.
MIND THE DOORS PLEASE

MIND THE DOORS
AstroDan

Generally not particularly, but the park is popular in February - hence why they are now doing it again and more rides have been added than ever.

Last year, I recall queue's peaked at around 30-45 minutes for Air and Spinball, but Air only had 1 or 2 trains for some of the week if i recall correctly - everything else was under 30 minutes.

With Nemesis now open also, I am sure it will ease queue's for Air!
Vicki

Has anyone taken a wheelchair on the new Skyride gondolas? I might be heading to the park with a friend who uses a wheelchair this season, and we last went before the refurb so don't know if the situation for getting wheelchairs on has improved. Last time we went, her chair was placed sideways next to the doors, completely blocking them.
The Lonely end of the Rink- a great song, and it\'s usually the case when I go ice skating because I just can\'t keep up!
Hark

[quote=""Vicki""]Has anyone taken a wheelchair on the new Skyride gondolas? I might be heading to the park with a friend who uses a wheelchair this season, and we last went before the refurb so don't know if the situation for getting wheelchairs on has improved. Last time we went, her chair was placed sideways next to the doors, completely blocking them.[/quote]

Hi Vicki,
The Sky Ride Gondolas are Wheelchair friendly and will be able to accommodate your friends. They are basically 2 small benches each side with a lot of room in the middle.

Hope that helps..
Ritadz

Do you think it is worth it to get the fastrack that allows unlimited access to every ride all day?
It's about £80 I think?
NF2

Only if it is VERY busy, because what's the point in shelling out £80 when the queues, if timed correctly, may not ever exceed 30 minutes. Its just not worth it for the money in my eyes, unless it gets as busy as the worst of the summer season, or the worst of Scarefest!
Ritadz

How can i get to Alton Towers from Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire using just public transport (trains buses etc) and then get back. I know this is a hard question but if anyone can help me then please help!
Crofty

[quote=""Adz123""]How can i get to Alton Towers from Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire using just public transport (trains buses etc) and then get back. I know this is a hard question but if anyone can help me then please help![/quote]

You can get a Train from Scunthorpe to Stoke (Via Stockport) and then get the bus from Stoke to Alton Towers. :)

You can find all the info on the Traveline website.

:) :)
chrismci

[quote=""Hark""][quote=""Vicki""]Has anyone taken a wheelchair on the new Skyride gondolas? I might be heading to the park with a friend who uses a wheelchair this season, and we last went before the refurb so don't know if the situation for getting wheelchairs on has improved. Last time we went, her chair was placed sideways next to the doors, completely blocking them.[/quote]

Hi Vicki,
The Sky Ride Gondolas are Wheelchair friendly and will be able to accommodate your friends. They are basically 2 small benches each side with a lot of room in the middle.

Hope that helps..[/quote]

Whilst Hark's answer is 100% accurate (the new gondolas are really wheelchair friendly) there is a more significant obstacle to using a wheelchair on the Skyride.
I may have missed something, but AT haven't given any indication that the Skyride will be running again this season, since the fire destroyed the CCL station last year. I had a quick look on the AT website and couldn't see any mention of the Skyride, so if it's an important way for you to get around the park I'd call AT before traveling
ATR09

The station is currently being rebuilt and the ride is aimed to be back in operation this year.
Trebor64

Hi, hope someone can answer my question. Brought a Merlin annual pass gift voucher and am planning to visit Alton towers during half-term. Do I need to pay to get in the park as I will be using my voucher to get my annual pass the same day?
Crofty

[quote=""Trebor64""]Hi, hope someone can answer my question. Brought a Merlin annual pass gift voucher and am planning to visit Alton towers during half-term. Do I need to pay to get in the park as I will be using my voucher to get my annual pass the same day?[/quote]

There was some confusion last year when I presented a gift voucher at the ticket kiosk, they hadn't seen them before. :lol:
I went to the pre booked kiosk on the left of the Plaza and if I recall they printed me a ticket off so that I could go through to the AP office. They may well just take the voucher off you and give you a ticket that will let you through and be exchangable for an annual pass.

Just remember to check the ticket they give you or get the voucher back in case there is any problems. It should be quiet half Term so they may let you walk straight through to the AP office from the pre-book ticket kiosk anyway. :)

I've probably confused you even more now! :lol:
Sam-urai

Hi everyone,

I have a few questions about my annual pass, what time do i need to get there for ERT and were do I go? And on a normal day were do i go to get in with my AP?
Please visit Merlin Mania - http://www.merlinmania.com/
Joe Koopa

[quote=""Sam-urai""]Hi everyone,

I have a few questions about my annual pass, what time do i need to get there for ERT and were do I go? And on a normal day were do i go to get in with my AP?[/quote]

Hello Sam. :) ERT starts at 9:00, if you're lucky it opens early! (It did for me in March) The normal day AP is very clearly sign-posted.
robbob1991
Location: A Computer, A Room, A House, A Road, A Town, A County, A Country, A Planet, A Galexy, A Universe.

Does anybody know whether I will be alowed in with a Annual Pass during half term? Also, will the Annual Pass be open to purchess new passes?
Last edited by robbob1991 on Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alex

Yes, you can use your annual pass for Alton Towers all year round including Feb Half-Term. Obviously excluding closed season :?

And yes the annual pass office will be open on the 13th of Feburary about 10am I would expect.
One Winged Otaku

For the Half Term opening on the 13th February, are the buses from Stoke on Trent train station running? If so is it the same times as listed on the site ( a 10.15 to AT and a 15.45 back)
Ritadz

[quote=""One Winged Otaku""]For the Half Term opening on the 13th February, are the buses from Stoke on Trent train station running? If so is it the same times as listed on the site ( a 10.15 to AT and a 15.45 back)[/quote]

Yes i'm 99% but look on the stoke bus schedule website to confirm :D