What funny things did you do at Alton Towers

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
AltonTowersNerd

Can you remember any funny parts when you visited alton towers?
nickn5

Do tell, what did you do?

AltonTowersNerd

one time when we was exiting alton towers a pigeon pooped on my sister's shoulder it was so funny. And the other thing was that we was on the flume and my cousin farted it stunk, i made a joke i called it "The Fume" :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :chuckel: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :chuckel: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :chuckel: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :chuckel: :giggle: :giggle:
Amadeus

Hex, when we are watching the movie just as the room is pitch black, me, my best friend and cousin would often tap people on their shoulder. Always good fun to see them look around panicky. And if your my best friend, to grab the attention of cute girls – never worked though. :P
chip
Location: Somewhere near the middle of nowhere but nolonger actually in the middle of nowhere, nearish Towers!

That was you!?! lol joking.

During scarefest there was a person in one of my groups who was abosulutly terriefied (poor girl friend from school) one of the actors jumped out and she went out for a few seconds. When she came back round a few seconds later the actor was standing infront of her (concerned not getting a scare) and she screamed loads to the point she was taken out of the maze (we high fived the actor being the evil lot we were)

When we went to find her afterwards oneof the guys from school jumped out at her in a mask he bought. She screamed looooaaads and slapped him (he span). It was hillarious if you were there to have seen it.
Ianmoz

[quote=""Amadeus""]Hex, when we are watching the movie just as the room is pitch black, me, my best friend and cousin would often tap people on their shoulder. Always good fun to see them look around panicky. And if your my best friend, to grab the attention of cute girls – never worked though. :P[/quote]

Me and my mates used to do the same, the first time though i was the only one and broke away from them all before coming back to grab them, and really scare them.
Bring on SW7, and hopefully many more future rides to the UK!
TurboJ

Last time I was at the Towers, me and my dad started joking about Hex and making reference to the Monty Python sketch 'Dennis Moore':

"For every branch that falls from that oak tree, a member of your family will die!"
"Which oak?"
"That one there on the right."
"The one with the forked branch?"
"Yeah."
"That's an Elm."
"No it isn't."
"I should know my own bloody parkland, woman. Why've you got such a deep voice?"
Amadeus

Seems like Hex is the comedy central of the park. When I go again this year, since parents have decided to go – I’m intending to get my mother on Hex and once we’ve seated on the ride, tell her we’ll be flipped upside down a few times. She’ll freak! I’m a terrible son. :twisted:
Anonymous

You can play some good jokes on Hex on people that don't know what to expect from the ride :P Probably the funniest thing that happened to me at AT was many moons ago, when i was young, we went on The Black Hole and it was me and my dad sat together in the carriage and at the end when the breaks on the ride stop it quite hard i jolted into the paddled bar holding me in and winded myself! I was sat in the carriage for about 5 mins gasping for breath until the assistants had to carry me off. Ah good times :)
nicolah

pmsl the funniest thing was when "enterprise" was in uguglandears ago me and my friend from school went running over to a empty car and the way they swing it bashed me in the head o.m.g it hurt still went on tho. :)
nicola hunter
fredward

When i went a few year's ago with my friend we decided to go on riverbank eyespy for a joke.

My friend is an idiot and decided to step out of the boat to 'pet' the pig (we were the only one's on the ride). he almost didn't make it back on the boat and jumped in at the back. It was very funny, but very immature at the same time.

I then had to hold him back because he wanted to climb out on one of the tree's on the squirrel nutty ride! :roll:

we then went to Oblivion because i thought we could do with a ride where your strapped in!

also we phoned up another one of my friends while we where going around the runaway mine train! she got annoyed because she was doing homework and we where at Alton towers!
Rowe

I tend to skip down Towers Street everytime I visit, so I get a lot of funny looks there.

I also dance in the queuelines whenever funky music is on, or with Hex I make windy sounds to annoy the people around me.

Not sure February meet people will stand me for two days if I continue with those rituals :P
starbugger1303

Me and my dad snuck in the disabled entrance of Hex . and we banged on the wood wall were the first cinema part is and loads of girls just screamed an s***t themselves. LOL :lol:
Ritadz

Once in Nemesis's queue, it's wet with blood. I went and fell and did a spectacular forwards roll, and amazingly didn't get hurt, but then later that day I hurt myself when on Corkscrew I banged my headed and nearly got KO'd by the headrest. It really hurt and I didn't go on it for the rest of day.

I was in pain all day.
Last edited by Ritadz on Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
tomfeltonfan

At Scarefest last year, me and my mates went dressed up (obviously). Whilst walking from Oblivion to Hex by the castle, my mate decided it would be a good idea to jump right in this little kid's face with a Davros mask and pink cowboy hat on. Scared the little boy to high heaven! Quite funny yet mean at the same time.
AltonThorpe

...I wet myself while queueing for Enterprise... :shock:

I WAS VERY YOUNG!
England 38-21 New Zealand - 1st December 2012

Twickenham Stadium
BSwiss

When we were on Air in the station, my friend sang the first line of the chorus of 'I wanna know what love is' and then a little boy who must have been about 7 and walking past after getting his bag sang back 'I want you to show meeee'.

It cracked us all up endlessly
fredward

^Foreigner! yeah!

someone once fell asleep in the air queue, he was sitting on the steps that leads to the station from the bridge that goes over the switch track.

It was rather funny because everyone just ignored him!

he was an adult not a little kid aswell!
Rollercoaster5000

I was visiting Alton Towers for the first time a few years ago, me and my friends decided to ride Oblivion. The queueing time boards showed 5 minutes, halfway few the queue, it seemed much faster than shown on the boards, I then realised that we had managed to get in to the Fastrack queue, the staff didn't catch us :D . Also, we went for a second ride, we all queued up in the single rider queue this time :D .
Nerdsticks

At Scarefest 09, i hid behind one of the creepy scarecrows
This is the exact one

And when a little girl and her parents were walking by it i popped my head up with a creepy face and voice saying "Why hello!" She screamed and her parents turned around immediately and i hid behind the scarecrow as fast as i could. Me and my mate were laughing so much when they went.
Scarefest lunatic!