What funny things did you do at Alton Towers

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
DiogoJ42

:? Hmmm. At the Th13teen meet I had a 'gut' hangover on the sunday morning, and Nemmy sorted it right out. I guess it doesn't work for everyone :P
BSwiss

Perhaps it was just my body telling me not to be a daft beggar by being up for 24 hours then going to a busy theme park and expect to have a care free fun day.
Big Dave

Nemesis always sorted me out when I had an hangover.

New marketing? Nemesis - The ultimate hangover cure!
Benedique

[quote=""Big Dave""]New marketing? Nemesis - The ultimate hangover cure![/quote]

Morwenna, is that you?
DiogoJ42

[quote=""Benedique""][quote=""Big Dave""]New marketing? Nemesis - The ultimate hangover cure![/quote]Morwenna, is that you?[/quote] It can't be her... it's a true statement! :P
BSwiss

Plus with more and more underage drinker, it really appeals to the family dynamic
teaves17

[quote=""DiogoJ42""]Hungover at the towers? All you have to do is get your butt on Nemesis front row and you'll be fine! :yes:[/quote]

Works wonders for me 8)
AltonTowersNerd

I know something else happened when I was at Alton Towers: When I was getting off the Pirate/Mutiny themed Monorails I bashed my head as I got off the platform on the way to the park.

Ok here's another... this was from 2005, I was walking and heading towards the house part in Duel. It was April time and my cousins were inside the house playing a little prank/trick inside. As I went in they jumped out and gave the fright of me, it was sooooo hilarious. :lol:
MissMoz

One year, me and my mates went to Scarefest. I think it was 2008 and we all went in fancy dress. I was originally going to go as a zombie. Original, eh? But then I couldn't find my clothes and I had to wear something. So I had this stupid idea of going in a bin bag. Top Tip : Never go on Nemesis dressed in a bin bag.
Everyday Is Like Sunday
Everyday Is Silent Without Corky

FOR SOME THINGS THERE IS NO RATIONAL EXPLANATION.
ciaran

My sister in law was sick in a bag on the way up and we went on Oblivion first thing suddenly her stomch was fine after nearly being sick on the drop!
Later that day we went on Nemesis and she was screaming to the ride op that her restraint was to tight, she was saying this all the way round the ride whilst screaming! As soon as we hit the break run all I could hear was her voice shouting can we go again can we go again! Its the John wardley power he can heal your sickness and give you a thrill! [-o< round of applaus
ukool

Funny for us but not for my sister. This year was her first time at Scarefest, she quedwith us for nearlly an hour for TOTT. We get to the front and she asks the guy - do people chase you in thier. No but they do follow you - she was told.
We got put in our line / group and went to the video room, after we were about to go in the first room, she heard a nosie and ran out of the video room crying. I was laughing the whole way round as it was quite comical the way she ran out. She was waiting at the exit, still upset about it!
Don't_Look_Down

This happened a few years back when I went on Nemesis. It was the end of the ride and I was trying to lift my restraint up, but felt great resistance. I started to panic and was lifting the restraint up and down frantically. There were people in the queue who started laughing and looking, and then it dawned on me that I hadn't unbuckled the belt :oops: :oops:

Felt pretty stupid :mrgreen:
Oblivion beckons in T-minus five minutes, be prepared for embarkation!

Eat, sleep, Apocalypse!
The General

I can remember going on Bone Shaker, when I was around five years old.
There were these two teenage girls on the other side of the gondola, screaming their heads off. About half-way through the ride, they suddenly noticed me. I was showing no fear. When they realised...
"Hang on. He's only five. We are screaming our heads off. And he is not screaming!"
Then they stopped screaming for the rest of the ride. And they came off really embarrassed.
That made my day! :P
AltonTowersNerd

[quote=""Ritadz""]Once in Nemesis's queue, it's wet with blood. I went and fell and did a spectacular forwards roll, and amazingly didn't get hurt, but then later that day I hurt myself when on Corkscrew I banged my headed and nearly got KO'd by the headrest. It really hurt and I didn't go on it for the rest of day.

I was in pain all day.[/quote]

yea the corkscrew does some slight head issues.
Voke

During Scarefest, I was distracted by something while I was seated on Ripsaw and somehow managed to Faceplant the restraints during the sequence. I had a wobbly tooth for the rest of the day, but somehow, it still hasn't came out.
:P
gazag

3 storys

1, last scarefest at the TTF meet on the rapids i lost a filling in my tooth. HOW THE HELL id i loose a filling on the rapids?

2, had a joke for along time after meeting with people about CATCF. listen to the ride music. im shure willy wonka is gay as he puts alot of emphesis on " the nut room". has been a standing joke for quite a while

3, this one will either make you laugh or make you feel a little annoyed. first ever time on hex all the way through the ride a guy at the front was shouting aloud "com'on forward" and genrally sounded like an actor with the ride. it was only after the ride was over we found out he was a "special person", i think thats the right discription for this type of person. it was actually a pleasure to listen to him but we found it pretty funny afterwards
Voke

No one wanted to go at the back for Terror Of The Tower's last year, so a random kid (about 10) from our group shouted "I'll go at the back, it can't be that bad". We all thought he'd be screaming all the way through.

We didn't hear a thing from him. :|
gazag

[quote=""Voke""]No one wanted to go at the back for Terror Of The Tower's last year, so a random kid (about 10) from our group shouted "I'll go at the back, it can't be that bad". We all thought he'd be screaming all the way through.

We didn't hear a thing from him. :|[/quote]

thats a little more concerning than screaming

how can i forget the big one from TOT 2 years back
me and my sisters boyfriend went in, standing in the front hall being given the sroty when all of a sudden she turned pointing very close to him and shouted "PAUL". this was his name and we hadent got a clue how she knew it and it scared us both alot. last year she was in the mutiny bay pirate show and we lernt it was his drama teacher in school.
Voke

It sure was, imagine the look on our faces :?

And that must have been quite creepy :D
Clolossus

i went on 13 earlier this year, single rider (i went alone :twisted: ) and this big beefy bloke sat next me, typical picture of masculinity, compared to a teenage girl. He screamed like a baby all the way from the first drop til the end. It was so funny- it was better than the ride :D
Nemesis will beat them all!

[img]http]