What funny things did you do at Alton Towers

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
Voke

A similar thing happened to me. I was sitting next to a bloke, and it was obviously his first time as he asked me whether it went upside down. I simply smirked back, and replied "wait and see". It was safe to say he didn't talk to me once after that. :P
Clolossus

oh how funny is it scaring the unknowing :twisted: i'm a cruel single rider
Nemesis will beat them all!

[img]http]
Voke

Aren't we all? :P
AltonTowersNerd

I danced in the Splash Landings lifts when the Hawaii 5-0 music played.
Voke

I overheard the following sentance in the TH13TEEN Queue-line :-

"If you go down to the woods today ... please don't walk on the grass!"
:P
dmmosh1

At the water park me and my boo sing TV themes under the water and the other has to guess what is being sung i love that game.
Another funny moment was in the lazy river part as it was pulling me around i went under and she tried to pull me back up but accidently put her finger in my eye socket and it went right in the back and i could feel it wriggling around behind my eye and pushing it to the side as she took it out, love you boo x :D
Clolossus

[quote=""Voke""]I overheard the following sentance in the TH13TEEN Queue-line :-

"If you go down to the woods today ... please don't walk on the grass!"
:P[/quote]

the TH13TEEN queue line is the place for laughs - i heard some 'fanatics' speculating that there was "big loop" in the dark section and that "it goes upside down behind the trees" and it's "more intense than nemesis" whilst being all smug i then screamed at the van-der-graff electric thingy :P
Nemesis will beat them all!

[img]http]
Big Dave

Vaguely remember Ant picking Ash up for a TT photo and then dropping him straight onto his back. Honestly thought he was going to have spinal injury after that fall. Turned out he was ok though so we just laughed it off.
hex4ever

Not Really what I did, but it was what I saw.

This guy was on Rita talking to his mate behind him, ignoring the heads back request, so as the train launches his face is shoved into his head rest because he is looking backwards. He came back with a bloody nose.

Th13teen wasn't over hyped, just over anticipated
Rowe

[quote=""hex4ever""]Not Really what I did, but it was what I saw.

This guy was on Rita talking to his mate behind him, ignoring the heads back request, so as the train launches his face is shoved into his head rest because he is looking backwards. He came back with a bloody nose.[/quote]

Ouch!

Oh dear, I wouldn't exactly call that a funny thing to have witnessed or even have happening to yourself.

Anyway on with the topic.

I could say that my dancing during Duel and the brief spell of Skelvin's Haunted Adventure was amusing although slightly sad!
wicky_woo

Probably the funniest thing I have done, was on my first visit ( I was 19 ) I nearly had a panic attack on Spinball coz I was scared. I didn't find it amusing at the time but the others I was with really laughed so hard, as they knew I was just being a wimp. I ended up sitting next to my husbands carer ( I think I needed him more at that point!) and I actually dug my nails into his arm to the point of drawing blood. :oops: . My photo was hilarious I looked dead.
It was the first ride of the day too so I was chief bag holder for the whole day.

Looking back I have to laugh at my behavior , I really should be more rational . :roll:

It must be a big positive about Alton Towers that I've kept going back even though I was to scared to go on anything else that day. :D
formula1fan

It's not something I did, and it's probably not very funny, but when I last went to Alton Towers in 2007 (the trip cost me nothing, but that's another story), we'd got onto Ripsaw, and as soon as the restraints were down, my friend Emma started screaming 'I wanna get off!'. She's a bit of a nutter anyway, but it was rather funny at the time. I was only 14 at that time. I really want to go back to AT, but it's so difficult to get there whilst living in Cornwall...
wicky_woo

Hi formula1fan , yep being a fellow pasty person it is a pain in the behind not being able to go as often as i like,, can't even pursuade my family that it would make my year to go for my hen do. no coach companies seem to do any trips and can't afford to keep paying for the petrol or train plus hotel.

That probably explains why i always act like i'm five as i run down Towers Street , straight to the Skyride so I can see the whole park from the air.

Sorry for straying off topic

:oops: Vicky
SilverValley

Constantly imitating the classic 'Woohoo, What a ride!' catchphrase from Spinball in our group.

What a ride indeed...

Perhaps giving impolite gentures to those in the tunnel on the River Rapids while hurtling past on the Runaway Mine Train.

Another classic..
longy0151

when i went AT i was on the blade and the ride was coming to an end so everyone shouted LETS GO AGAIN and the man sent us off again but then i nearly fell out of it
BSwiss

These Spinball stories remind me of the time in (maybe) 2008 that I was queuing for Spinball. In the bit where you pass the break run. The ride had stopped briefly for one reason or another and I noticed a very pretty girl facing towards me, so I shoot her a smile, she smiles back, I wave, she waves. I look at my friends in the queue with me, turn back and mouth 'phone number?' whilst doing the international phone signal with my hand.

Anyway my joy soon turned to fear as the ride had started again and her train had spun around, revealing what I presume was her VERY large, VERY angry looking dad. So taking into account my initial desire to run and the fact I was in a busy queue, I just turned around and faced the other way.

Two things I always wonder are:
a) Where did that pretty girl go?
b) How did that massive man fit into the Spinball seat?
Pricey ;)

last year, the flume had no queue and it was raining, so i sprinted through the entrance, and as i was running i turned to call my friend and full-on flipped over a chain that was closing a loop of the queue! it hurt but god was it funny 8)
Mr P

I found that The Blade is the perfect venue for a round of that classic game, Bogies!

Fortunately, the rest of the riders agreed that it was such a perfect venue, and joined in. Thus creating a superb game of Team Bogies!

Good times!

:D
katie1990

When me and my friend went on duel for the first time, we didnt know you had to shoot the lights on the wall so we were just shooting the monsters and shouting abuse at them, that got boring pretty quick so after a few more times going on it we grabbed the guns and started shooting the people in the ride behind us LOL and wed scream daft things at them it was so funny i couldnt breathe, some people reacted diferently to it, one boy was like 'you kept shooting me in me in the eye' moaning and we just burst out laughing, and other people found it funny and shot back at us lmao . We got bored so we went outside and went up to random boys asking them to get on the ride with us, i ound it so hilarious because they just thought theyre going for a normal ride but they never knew what we had planned LOL wed make them get in the one behind us and wed shoot them and shout stuff lol lol lol (nobody got offended though we actually ended up going round the park with them haha) what else i found funny was that i must have went on this ride about 10 times and the staff kept laughing at us because we just kept going on again and again when we could have saved the time and went on the bigger rides we spent like 2 hours on the same one LOL and these boys we seen they kept going on aswell and they walked out and we asked how many times have you two been on this ride and he goes ohh i dont know ive lost count probably about 35 LOL LOL LOL and we just burst out laughing =P~
Stelios7
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

[quote=""katie1990""]So after a few more times going on it we grabbed the guns and started shooting the people in the ride behind us LOL and wed scream daft things at them it was so funny i couldnt breathe, some people reacted diferently to it, one boy was like 'you kept shooting me in me in the eye' moaning and we just burst out laughing, and other people found it funny and shot back at us lmao . [/quote]

I heard a story like that from my friend once, I thought it could blind them, but it probabaly wouldn't because I know a lot of people do that and that's no skin off my nose.
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.