What funny things did you do at Alton Towers

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
bringbackthevintagecars

Well no not really, as I stand by what I said, i was just trying to be mildly comical and not side splintingly funny like hib said, but you know, if following people around on message boards and mocking almost everything they post is your thing then cool beans, have fun!
Almost forgot to say, I have other posts that require a witty comment from you, look forward to your comments ;)

(my bad there)
BRING BACK THE VINTAGE CARS!!!              PLEASE
The Moon

C'mon, kids, let's chill.
THC selectively targets and destroys tumor cells while leaving healthy cells unscathed. Conventional chemotherapy drugs, by contrast, are highly toxic; they indiscriminately damage the brain and body.

Toke up...
bringbackthevintagecars

I'm coooool man, just thought peeps should know there's a stalker on here who will follow you and mock you if you disagree with him/her on a single post,
peace brah 8)
BRING BACK THE VINTAGE CARS!!!              PLEASE
jackgcse

When we got on the monorail in the morning there were some Irish people in the car...and they said, what stops does this go to!? Not realising they had been on a full circle of the monorail! LOL! ;)
Martin2013

The funniest things I remember about visiting Alton Towers:

Being on The Runaway Mine Train with my dad and my aunt and singing "Cruella De Vil" from 101 Dalmations, out loud while my aunt was absolutely petrified by the ride.

My aunt making jokes about all the "No Smoking" signs actually reading "No Snoring"

My mum and dad insisting that me and my sister went on The Doodle Doo Derby. We were all much too old to go on it and the attendant found it rather amusing

My mum and dad wanted to go on the Canal Boat ride and me and my sister sat on a bench waiting for them. When they passed us, they waved out to us and manically pressed the buttons that made farm animal noises.

My hat blowing off on the Runaway Minetrain and the people sitting behind managing to catch it.
Jack

Me bro gave a bet that I couldn't poke at least one member of staff on the arm for each ride I went on...he lost :lol:
Last edited by Jack on Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Burniel

On the blade, just as it started I screamed like a girl on the first drop
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
AltonTowersNerd

One time when me and my cousins were coming off the Monorail (the Mutiny Bay one) I bashed my head whilist coming out of the monorail train from into Towers Street, my girlfriend (Abi off EastEnders, I know I have a crazy imagination but it's really good though.) Started giggling at me because she thought it was really funny, but it was slightly a little paniful, but yet funny though.
Jamie

I once smacked my head on a metal part of the Nemesis train as I was getting on (the staff were hurrying me as I was from the SRQ).  I really should not have gone on, it was quite a smash and my head was bleeding - really didn't feel good on the ride!  :lol:
"ENTER VALHALLA!"
Burniel

Just passing squirrel nutty, and informed those joining the queue not to worry, there is a vertical drop, it just not visible :P

Those poor 3 year olds
Tom.B

Well I can't explain it very well, but I, TomL, Benji, Sam2244 and Lucy2244 were on the Rapids at the TT ScareMazing meet up yesterday, and we all did a funny pose for the camera! Sam put his legs on the hand bar, Lucy stuck one of her legs up in the air, Tom tried to 'wash his hair' and Beji and me were just sitting there thinking WTF are you doing? :lol:
Fish777

A lot of stuff :lol:
Some of the more memorable ones were:
Shouting stuff down from squirrel nutty with my friends.
When one of my friends couldn't ride oblivion, we made him go up to the hole and scream really loudly 'why can't i penetrate your hole?!' (Credit to someone on ttf, can't remember who)
Posing for the camera on sonic spinball - we pretended to be asleep
Going up to the guy in the boat (sir Edward England?) and pushing the boat and he started chasing us with some spy music on
Benji

Tom.B wrote: Well I can't explain it very well, but I, TomL, Benji, Sam2244 and Lucy2244 were on the Rapids at the TT ScareMazing meet up yesterday, and we all did a funny pose for the camera! Sam put his legs on the hand bar, Lucy stuck one of her legs up in the air, Tom tried to 'wash his hair' and Beji and me were just sitting there thinking WTF are you doing? :lol:
Them epic leg stretching positions  :lol:

Thanks to Lewis for the sig!
Dom

This isn't what I did, I fell for it.
My first ever trip to AT back in 2002 and we were queuing for Nemesis (first ride ever) and my friends managed to convince me that the red river was blood and that your legs get cut off, and when the ride ends, you get stretchered into a special room where they sow your legs back on. I fell for it and on the ride I made sure I kept my legs up.
Last edited by Dom on Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jammydodger

My favorite game is walking past the overflowing monorail queue, moaning that a member of staff just quoted a 2 hour wait from this point.
The amount of people you see choosing to walk instead always brings a smirk to my face.
Jack

^I AM DOING THAT! that is absolute genius!

And I still don't have anything that funny to say :(
X/: no way out

Pffffffft nothing
Last edited by X/: no way out on Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Credit to Lewis 97 for the awesome signature!

Don't get corrected get Xecuted
JaykeAT

X/: no way out wrote: is it bad of me to walk past CATCF and almost shout "saw is hiding in there!,he cuts you up into little bits and eats you,but i got out alive with nothing but this*pointing at huge gash on my leg*"and watch literally 20 people with crying kids get out the line.
If that's true it's slightly horrible that you would do such a thing tbh,kind of steals a bit of fun away from some of them really
LoopyDan

X/: no way out wrote: is it bad of me to walk past CATCF and almost shout "saw is hiding in there!,he cuts you up into little bits and eats you,but i got out alive with nothing but this*pointing at huge gash on my leg*"and watch literally 20 people with crying kids get out the line.
That is really mean, spoils the fun of Alton Towers for kids, rather than them thinking it's a 'magical' place.
Burniel

There's funny then there's stupid then there's ruining it. I think as much as we all like AT, many of us go often, and we like to have a laugh, but I think there's a limit. It's one thing to have a joke about the ride, but to back it up with "evidence" just ruins it. I love this thread but I think we need to be careful about what we do at the resort.