What funny things did you do at Alton Towers

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
Sean

me and some mates were on air and going up the lift hill the ride started to slow down so we were slowly hanging over nemesis and some rocks so my mate went mental screaming "were gonna die!" really funny stuff! :lol:
themealgang

Doing funny poses for ride photos. I don't know about anyone else, but me and my friends find the Runaway Mine Train camera the perfect place to pull a funny expression!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
ZenakuShi

I have done numerous things the amount of times I go.

Lately me and a friend held up some paper signs on TH13TEEN, mine saying 'proud to be a Nemesissy', and hers with the 'I voted Nemesis'. We had quite a few people pointing out at that ride photo and laughing- including the members of staff not busy working on the over priced photo booths.

I have also hugged good ol' Nemmy a couple of times (support pillar, one of the ones for the first inversion) and got some laughs and stares thrown at me.

Many times I have ran around the place in an imitation of Jack Sparrows' run, and with a group of friends skipped like Micheal McIntyre from Duel area up to Forbidden Valley.

I have also named all the zombos and co in Duel- the giant spider you go under is called Carl.

But a priceless time has got to be the winding up of people never been on TH13TEEN. Just classic sometimes.

And to SpinBall- if there are any rants over anything going on, or people randomly asking 'do you like fries??!!' on-ride, that's be me and a friend.

It is also a ritual to scream Vodka whilst going down Oblivions drop
Alton77

We went in July with the school.

We went on the Squirrel Nutty Ride and because I am 14 and 6ft 2, I am quite clumsy and prone to hitting things ( with my head ). This old lady ride attendant told me to mind my head but I didn't hear her so I ended up getting in but really hitting my head hard! She then said satirically, 'I told you so', so I said under my breath, 'Shut up, you stupid old cow', not thinking that she heard me. Apparantly she did according to my friends and I was fretting throughout the whole ride! -.-
i have got nothing to write about myself because you all know me
LordOfDarkness

Walking off every ride and winding people up about it,

For example stepping of th13teen and shouting: "I CANT BELIEVE YOU GO UPSIDE DOWN IN THE CRYPT"

Or after sky ride: "Can you believe that man had to abseil down? Terrible."
[align=center]Image

SamRyan ~ @SamRyanSport [/align]
dominoes

On frightnight, I made myself prosthetics on my face. I made them specially so they weren't so gory that they looked fake, but not so subtle that they just looked boring. I then went down to breakfast with my parents, and started complaining loudly about how I wished they hadn't pushed my on the path. There faces went red, and they got a few dirty looks. Evil, but fun...
BigAl

Last Scarefest I went with my friends and we got some fake blood and went into the maze and came out covered in the blood and frightened our friends. Also, I took a fly swat when I went with my friends last Summer and as we stood in the queues I smashed wasps with it. Yeah, I did get quite a few odd looks before anyone says but I'm not fussed what they thought! :P
I'llookdownifiwanto

My friend purposely left his restraint open on Nemesis and when the (female) ride op came, as she pushed it down and clicked in the seatbelt, he made an "inapropriate" noise :D we were laughing all the way up the hill lmao

*sniffs* "Don't like m£rlin" :(
AWTSW90

Ah, the old 'you had to be there' topic
BowMan

Shoot some three year olds in Berry Bish Bash.
I am evil.  :twisted:
Image Thanks to Lewis97
Stelios7
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

BowMan wrote: Shoot some three year olds in Berry Bish Bash.
I am evil.  :twisted:
Much more satisfaction of getting a grown man consecutively and watch him feel pain.

I am more evil. :twisted:
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.
bringbackthevintagecars

many many years ago me and my mates went on the black hole about 4 or 5 times, it was the end of the day and there was no queue so we kept running around from the exit to the entrance :D
BRING BACK THE VINTAGE CARS!!!              PLEASE
Hibscasual

bringbackthevintagecars wrote: many many years ago me and my mates went on the black hole about 4 or 5 times, it was the end of the day and there was no queue so we kept running around from the exit to the entrance :D
absolutely side splitting...
Let vintage cars rust in peace
bringbackthevintagecars

Yet again your 'wit' and award winning sarcasm has failed you, as this wasn't meant to be funny, just a general contribution mr angry pants
Krazycoaster

When I was the only one to should 'Choo Choo!!' on the Runaway Mine Train. Funny but awkward :D We did get to go round 3 times though which was a bonus!
The Moon

bringbackthevintagecars wrote: Yet again your 'wit' and award winning sarcasm has failed you, as this wasn't meant to be funny, just a general contribution mr angry pants
So... You can read the topic, right?
THC selectively targets and destroys tumor cells while leaving healthy cells unscathed. Conventional chemotherapy drugs, by contrast, are highly toxic; they indiscriminately damage the brain and body.

Toke up...
DONT LOOK DOWN

Last month, when I went to to AT, I told this guy the wrong way to Nemesis, and he was talking about it all
day, especially when he saw me throughout the day, it was like I sent him to a phantom town or something.
Anyway, later in the day, when we were on the monorail back to the hotel, he and his girlfriend were sitting next
to each other. The audio that plays in the train was talking about the annual merlin pass said that 'You cant just
only use it here but in other theme parks such as madame tussauds, Legoland, Warwick castle and much more'
and his girlfriend said, ''So is Legoland in Alton Towers then?'' LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Me and my family were laughing our heads of when we went to the hotels as well. And is not just that she
said it, its the WAY she said it. Sooooo funny.

P.S And her boyfriend said,;;Im not sure, Ill check when we get home ''  LOOOOOOOOOOOOL.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :shock:
Being number two is just being the first to lose.
bringbackthevintagecars

The Moon wrote:
bringbackthevintagecars wrote: Yet again your 'wit' and award winning sarcasm has failed you, as this wasn't meant to be funny, just a general contribution mr angry pants
Ha Well yeah, but it wasn't meant to be side splitting as hib thought I was trying to be but just mildly comical
Hibscasual

bringbackthevintagecars wrote:
The Moon wrote:
Ha Well yeah, but it wasn't meant to be side splitting as hib thought I was trying to be but just mildly comical
Epic failure .
Let vintage cars rust in peace
bringbackthevintagecars

Hibscasual wrote:
bringbackthevintagecars wrote:
The Moon wrote: So... You can read the topic, right?
Epic failure .

Well no not really, as I stand by what I said, i was just trying to be mildly comical and not side splintingly funny like hib said, but you know, if following people around on message boards and mocking everything they post is your thing then cool beans, have fun!
Almost forgot to say, I have other posts that require a witty comment from you, look forward to your comments ;)
Last edited by bringbackthevintagecars on Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.