What funny things did you do at Alton Towers

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
RedStar98

A few years I was being a bit stupid with my my friend and we were running down the hill by Hex towards Oblivion and I took a shortcut up on the grass, because there were a lot of people on the path. I didn't realise how slippery the mud was in the rain, and coming back down the slip my shoes just lost grip on the grass, and I slid down on my back. Not only did my jumper get soaked and covered in mud, but my back also got grazed and it was bruised quite a lot. And my friend won the race  :( There's a fence there now I think, probably for the best
lf2001

The whole family were at the park, and we had all just got off the Flume and we're going on the Rapids. I noticed while we we're boarding the boat that my Auntie had somehow got water in her hood, probably from the Flume. I told a few others, as she wanted to stay dry. We left the station, my Auntie put her hood up, and got drenched! :D :lol:
Last edited by lf2001 on Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Astro61201

Not at AT but I had to tell my teacher that stealth isn't pulled along by magnets but is pulled along by a hydraulic launch system, I didn't realise I was saying this so that everyone could hear!
cant wait!, cant wait!, cant wait! :uk:
Popweasel267

The first time I went to Scarefest me and my friend were walking up towards the towers when we saw sanctuary actor guy. She asked if she could take his picture but "not to come anywhere near me while I do it." Naturally he suddenly moved forwards when she did it making her scream "OMG RUN!" and we pelted strait down the hill towards Mutiny bay.
We didn't stop running until we reached the Rapids.
definedancing

I actually made an account so I could reply to this thread!

I've been to AT five times this year and several times in my lifetime, so I'll just reel off stories I can actually remember. It's not really funny things I've done, just funny things in general...

The first time I ever went, I was seven, and it was my little sisters birthday so we were there to celebrate. There was my sister and I, mum, dad, aunt, uncle and three cousins, so a fairly large party full of kids basically! My dad took me on all the rides I was tall enough for, so Corkscrew, Black Hole, Boneshaker, The Flume and so on. My mum suffers from vertigo but she agreed to take my sister and I on the Nutty Squirrel Ride, which turned out to be a horrendous idea. The minute she saw the ground she starting screaming and we found it hysterically funny, especially considering she was riding with a five and seven-year-old who had no qualms whatsoever. Oh well, kids are fearless I guess!

When my sister and I were a bit older (think last year of primary school age) and we had both hit the glorious 1'4m (we were both tall children), mum took us back and always gave us the most painstakingly terrified look whenever we wanted to go on Nemesis, Air, Rita etc. The funniest thing to happen on that occasion was when my sister lost her glasses on Air; they kind of slowly slipped down her face and flew off in slow motion. Needless to say mum wasn't best pleased.

Flash-forward to 2012, and I'm 19. I used to work at McDonald's and one of our best staff day outs were the ones to Alton Towers. The first time we had a bus full of us, and some people did some crazy stuff. One of my friends came in a Morph suit and the crew room was filled with all of his ride photos for a few weeks, dangling off Oblivion and looking very hot and flustered. One guy decided it was a spectacular idea to bring his phone onto Oblivion and of course, the rides ops caught him and stopped the ride. The poor attendant then had to climb up the lift-hill, take the phone off him, climb down the lift-hill and continue the ride. He got a good telling off from our boss for almost getting us kicked out. [-X

Earlier this year, on two separate occasions, I got jumped on and followed up the stairs in The Smiler queue-line (I was gutted that they stopped doing that and the attendants told my boyfriend it was because somebody had complained, apparently :roll: ). The first time he got in my face, as you do, and I don't know what possessed me to say it but I said to him "oh you look like my ex-boyfriend!". The guy was trying so hard to suppress a smirk. :mrgreen: And then the second time, it was the same guy, and I gave him a hug and told him I recognized him from last time (and he then proceeded to follow me up the stairs again).

Then of course there's the classic on Hex, where someone goes "boo!" during the pre-show. Ah good times. :D
sadie123

Went to Scarefest with 2 guys. Snigger at 'getting wet' with 2 guys on the Flume. Snigger at yelling 'boo' at one of them, at least several times during the day and them being terrified. Snigger at me being terrified at getting off Hex as I didn't want to meet the doctor/nurses from The Sanctuary and being physically picked up so I'd actually move. And then going into the park first thing in the morning, to the sound of Ghostbusters.
RCandrew

One thing I remember was being on mutiny bay with my girlfriend (2 16 year olds here) and this -must have been about 40 year old - guy was there the whole time, off ride just soaking us and every child going around.. So by the end I was absolutely drenched thanks to him, and when he wasn't looking I shouted to him and when he turned round I got him right in the face with so much water (he was dry until this point). And then we ran away :lol That's what he gets ;) \:D/
Inferno Attractions

This was pretty recent actually but because HEX is so dark, me and my dad have a tradition of carrying a torch and shining it as we go through the pre-shows. :lol

My dad wanted to have a look at the ceiling and managed to shine it in my face instead, people eventually got sick of it and said "Turn that thing off".

Now that's what we do every time on HEX.
Thanks to lewis97 for the signature (I think he may be a Wizard)

Inferno Attractions
George B

At Summer Sizzler 2014, me, jackanddylan123, Dan Cotton and a few other people doing Gangnam style in Hex, and our flume photo was amazing

Thanks to NemesisRider for the signature
Jack

^forgot the reciting of the Hex legend :P and BUTTSCRATCHER!!!!!!111!! :P
NemesisRider

I told someone what was going to happen on Nemesis Sub Terra because they had never been on before.

Unfortunately, I "accidentally" told them what happens on a really tame ride. And told them the phalanx were friendly.
Ryan.B

Does shouting "I think I'm in love when seeing Nemesis on the busiest day of the year count? 8-[
Morgan

Once when running to The Flume, my shoe came off and I almost face-planted the floor ](*,)

On every-ride, I find a part to shout "You don't know what it's like!" (Like in this video: skip to 3:07)

Describe the Monorail as the best ride on park, as in, SO good it tops Nemmy. :rock:
sw7nutter

The year before 13 opened they had a load of deamons roam ug land/dark forest. We were a group of 6 so while 4 of us distracted two of the deamons the other 2 of our group snuck up and stood behind them. So when they turned around they got quite a fright. It was justice for them scaring our group earlier on the day.
lucozade

I q'd for Rita on opening for hours, only to have to jump out of the q and go poop... I nearly crapped my pants on Rita. When I got back my m8 had bin on & i Was gutted I had to q again.
Morgan

Similiar with TH13TEEN, I needed a poo the whole way 'round the queue.
lucozade

TTheory wrote:Similiar with TH13TEEN, I needed a poo the whole way 'round the queue.
If u got on the ride u did better than I did... Wouldnt like to do that drop fully loaded though hahaha
Morgan

Hehehe... riding whilst locked and loaded ;-)
lucozade

OK here's a story from AT. I got on to the corkscrew with my bro when I was like 10, as the ride worker pulled down the ear bleeding shoulder restraints (was it any more comfortable for adults?) I saw a £20 on the floor! As we went up the clicky incline, I reached out to grab it but it was too far and my little feet couldn't reach it either :(

I kept my eyes locked on to it as we went down the drop over the air time camel back as it moved I thought it would fly out but it fell back down and it was still there as I watched it through the corkscrew!

I got a bad neck, but for £20 it was worth it :) Bloody good day in AT that year :)
lf2001

Fell over in the Duel toilets[emoji23]