Th13teen Preview Weekend: CANCELLED

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
Tranceptor2K9

[quote=""Spike""][quote=""Zylos""]Actually looking forward to this so much!

It'd be a laugh if all the TTF guys got together during the evEning for a big drink at the bar! : d

That's be awesome : D[/quote]

I think there's a strong possibility that that will happen, we always hit the bar in the evening :drunk:[/quote]

On the condition that noone buys full rounds then we're cool :) I reckon a lot of Resort seniors will be in there on Saturday night to celebrate.
Tom M

Don't know if I'm allowed in the hotels anymore. :lol:
Mankey

[quote=""Stu""]Agree it can sound like alot of money, but when you do break it down to what you attualy get in terms of services, it's very cheap.. granted a bit cheaky they make you book for 2 nights to stay friday night as i would rather just stay saturday night but hey - im making a weekend of it... cool weekend with mates, drink, water park, golf, included eveing meal and breakfasts and also backstage of 3 of my top 5 rides in the park... and maybe chance to ride SW6 and also meet John W and the project managers and hear their side of the story. I can see how it may sound overpriced to some people, but for me, it's worth it just for the social weekend, let alone backstage of some great rides and meet the creators...[/quote]

Am I the only one that thinks it's far from cheap. :? Most people know I wont be attending this, which I'm quite gutted about. I'd like to come and see everyone again, but I just cant justify spending £150-£200 for something which I feel we wont benefit that much from.

Sure it'd be nice to meet the designers and that, see a few rides behind the scenes and to have a *chance* to ride Th13teen, but... £150-£200? Especially with the march meet the week after, I don't want to risk the 5-6 hour journey (which alone sets me back about £50) to find out I wont be riding a single thing... even after forking out that much money.

Sorry guys! :( Will see you all the week after though! :)
Back from hibernation!
AstroDan

I certainly don't think it's "very cheap" but it's a fair price.

I certainly wouldn't have been able to have afforded this when I was a student or at school, so I empathise.

:)
Mankey

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to come. I'd love to see everything behind the scenes n that. But there's just no way I can afford the £500 spendage for that month... Because I'm not missing the SW6 opening meet on the 20th.

Not worth the risk!
Back from hibernation!
Spike
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

It's cheap imo

Normally would cost (Based on 2 sharing)...

2 Nights - £300
Golf - £16
Evening Meals - £72
Water Park - £18

Total - £406

We've paid £360, not to mention all the other stuff thrown in which is priceless.
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*
Mankey

But Spike... we're looking at 2 days where no rides are open lmao! :? how is that worth it for the journey I have to make?! Haha! :P

Ah well, I would go if I could... seriously :(
Back from hibernation!
Sam-urai

Well I am going, There is two of us going for the weekend, You know the waterpark entrance fee, did we have to get them when we booked as it says free entry?
Please visit Merlin Mania - http://www.merlinmania.com/
AstroDan

Water Park is included in the "Thirteen Weekend". If that is what you have booked, then wristbands will either be sent to you with your Welcome Pack or be available for collection when you arrive.
Anonymous

Oooh we get a welcome pack. When should i be expecting this in the post? :D
AstroDan

You may not. They used to send one out, but as they have sought to cut costs they often don't now and there is nothing until you arrive. Depends.
Matt.C

As well as cost cuts, some people are bound to lose it so it is probably more beneficial for everyone that Alton keep hold on the wristbands 'til arrival.
Chris W

I haven't got a welcome pack for my trip in April 2010 so I doubt a welcome pack will be sent out. Everything will be kept back at reception.

Anyone have an idea if anything will be happening on the friday? And if so, what time etc? :D
Anonymous

I have no idea which days consist of the tour, I'm presuming the saturday.

I'm going to arrive at the resort really early on the friday :P
AstroDan

I would imagine nothing will be planned for the Friday. I shall arrive, as I imagine most people will, after work.

:)
Sam-urai

[quote=""AstroDan""]Water Park is included in the "Thirteen Weekend". If that is what you have booked, then wristbands will either be sent to you with your Welcome Pack or be available for collection when you arrive.[/quote]

Thabk you, I will be at the preview weekend so I will be loooking forward to seing you all.
Please visit Merlin Mania - http://www.merlinmania.com/
rcopus

Yeah when I booked the rep said she expects things to happen on the Saturday but the itinerary hadn't been made and we'd get details via email when available.
Big Dave

Thanks to Martin Im also going. Thanks again Martin and they had better stock up on the pink champers LOL
tidy_martin

take our own !
Big Dave

Wheres the fun in that (would be cheaper though). So I take it Martins mini bar will be making a return?