Scarefest: 16-31 October 2010 [NO SPOILERS]

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Pennywise

[quote=""hilaurennn""]Oh thats great :) Are contact lenses, fangs and blood acceptable? don't want to be scaring any of the younger kids away haha[/quote]

Yeah, as said previously, anything apart from masks. :D
Voni86

I'll be honest, I'm more worried about being cold than looking silly! Haha!
hilaurennn

Being cold didn't even cross my mind! Lets hope my 2 pound cloaks a thermal ;)
Gemzie121

I am so worried I am going to freeze! I'm going in my jeans, thick winter coat, scarf and layers etc but we are changing into costumes for the rides in the dark and my outfit is a dress with tights (witch) and I just know I am going to be so cold! But I dont want to cover it up with my thick coat so Im going to have to find a thick black fleece jacket or cardi or something and wear a load of long sleeved tops underneath! Wearing leggings under the dress too! :lol:
kingbling11

Went yesterday (sun 24th). It was AWESOME! all of the mazes were excellent (see my review) and the nighttime lighting was great. Only niggle was that waited 40 mins for air got in to the air gates and it broke down :hwiggle: was closed for 3 hours and by the time we got back to it at 7 queue was out the entrance (mazes were booked for 8)

Other queue times for those of you who are interested were as follows

Oblivion 20 mins
Air 1 hr
13 1 hr
Rita 45 mins
Nemesis 60 mins (went down to 10 mins at night)
RMT 35 mins
Sonic 70 mins
TOTT 80-100 mins (got there early so only waited 30)

---- Post Info Added ----

Also in response to the temperature. It was freezing. It didn't get any hotter than about 4 degrees c and my friend was shivering all day (although she refused to wear a coat!)
Altonator

Been today park was busy. Weather was really sunny but cool.
Queue times
Thirteen 45 mins
Air 60 mins
Nemesis 60 mins (queue going up slope)
Rita 45 mins
Mine Train was down late afternoon not sure why
Oblivion 30 mins
Mauders Maythem had a qiueue!`
Sonic 70 mins
Big queue for Skelvins Haunted Adventure (into Gloomy Wood)
bus left at 530pm so no dark rides today :roll:

Brought a Scarefest mug today :)

Will upload pics from todays visit soon :D

Hopefully going to Scarefest at least once more :)
Definatly going to fireworks can't wait :D :D :D :D
Whatever the weather outside it\'s always tropical at Cariba Creek
altontowerskid

Got back last night from a 3 day stay at Splash Landings and my first time at Scarefest :D

Had a great time and even though we went Wednesday, Thursday, Friday in the half term, the queues really weren't that bad. Longest queue was for TOTT which was about an hour both times we queued for it but that was the most worthwhile queue i have ever been in! I must congratulate AT on putting on a fantastic maze, first time in i was at the front of the whole group and i've never been so terrified in my life, put on a great show! :clap:

The general park was excellent too, good lighting and a fun atmosphere and didn't see many trouble-makers at all, although the smoking of a rather common illegal drug was not rare which was a shame as no one should have to put up with that. The resort mazes were also very good, i wasn't keen on The Boiler House though, but then everyone will have their opinions...

Overall, what a brilliant time can be had when you stay at the resort and make the most of 3 days on park :)
Scarefest is a 100% must-do and i'll be going again next year!
Vik

Not sure if it has been mentioned elsewhere, but heard from a number of sources who stated there were over 30,000 guests passed through the turnstiles yesterday.

Late afternoon queues for Th13teen were 120mins, 180 for TOTT, 80 for Nemesis and Air. Cars were parked on the field car parks, as they were on Friday, when Th13teen queue reached 3 hours.

Certainly the most succesful Scarefest so far, not only in terms of visitors, but the fantastic effort that has been put in to the whole event. I had my doubts, fearing that a big chunk of the budget would be cut, in favour of the Fireworks, but this has proven unfounded.

Terror of the Towers opened early yesterday at 10.30am. Probably the best walk through of this I have ever had. Simply amazing. Plenty of actors who gave plenty of coverage, making sure the whole group got some scares.

The Boiler House again was the weakest maze for me. Leading the group, I only saw 2 actors. They seemed to be concentrating on the back 1/4 of the group, hence only seeing an actor twice when at the front. Very poor when paying quite a lot of money to go through it. Would be nice if more of an effort had been made with the group coverage.

Stopped in the Scarerooms last night, or as they are referred to, Room 13. These need a lot of improvement for next year. I was assured that things had drastically improved since the opening weekend, when some TTF members were less than impressed with them.

The initial build up in the first hour was good, with the phone ringing, knocks on the door etc, and the actual scares can not be faulted. They were really good, and the actors spent some time with us. The problem was there were only 3 scares in the 3 hours. The first hour was the build up, which is fine as it gets you in the frame of mind to be terrified. But after the first scare there was a gap of almost an hour, so any fear factor was quickly lost. Again between the second and third scare, a large gap.

The 3 scares there were had been vastly improved on since opening weekend, but the overall experience was rather weak. There need to be more actors giving more scares throughout the three hour time slot. You can't fault the actors though for the effort they put in, and the long hours they have worked over the last two weeks, with little support, to make the Room 13's happen.
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

Jollylee11

In 2 hours it will be all over
till 2011 :)
Voni86

I've just been thinking, for those who went to Scarefest: did you all see lots of people wandering about in full face masks? As far as I was aware, the rule was you couldn't have them, but I saw a huge amount of people wandering around with them on (especially those Billy doll masks from Saw) on Halloween. This might be a stupid question, but was this rule 'official', as such? I only ask because I've never actually seen it anywhere but here, and staff members weren't really making people take them off, as far as I could see.
NickT04

The masks rule was printed on all the maps, so I guess that suggests it was official. But I guess much like smoking in queuelines, no one gave a toss so did nothing about it :P
Voni86

*facepalm* I never looked at the maps! I suppose a lot of people get there and only find out by looking at the maps, and by then they just think, 'Oh sod it'.
Pennywise

Just thought that I'd give a mention to 'The Screamie Awards 2010', I have myself nominated Scarefest as 'best UK Halloween attraction' and 'best family UK Halloween attraction', as well as nominating TOTT for best maze. :D

[url=http://www.screamieawards.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.screamieawards.co.uk/[/url]
AstroDan

Please continue discussion in this thread, now that Scarefest 2010 is over.

:)