Scarefest: 16-31 October 2010 [NO SPOILERS]

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Nerdsticks

Though I am hoping those extremely child friendly scarecrows WON'T be there. I prefer the tombstones, hay stacks, pumpkins and skeletons in my opinion. I hope the skeleton in the bubbling cauldron won't be vandalised like last year in the hotel, I was loving it! :hsad:
But I don't really like complaining. But I think thats the only things that disappointed me last year. Also its gonna be my first time doing the scare mazes :hwow: Terror of the Towers looks brilliant! :hsmile:
Scarefest lunatic!
militantcoasterfan

I couldn't post from my phone earlier but did i see a comment asking if we wanted more info from the real JP? Am i mad or was that posted? Mad...or...posted?
MILITANT COASTER FAN 1981
Nerdsticks

[quote=""militantcoasterfan""]I couldn't post from my phone earlier but did i see a comment asking if we wanted more info from the real JP? Am i mad or was that posted? Mad...or...posted?[/quote]
I never saw that, :hnotsure: I think you might be going mad mate :hlol:
Scarefest lunatic!
Dean

Just to inform people that Scarefest maze tickets have gone up to £12 on the following dates:-

Sat 16th
Fri 22nd
Sat 23rd
Sun 24th
Sat 30th
Sun 31st

£9 last year to £12 this year that's one hell of an increase...

Also around the website it still states, buy your combo maze ticket for only £10, there will be guests thinking is £10, but on the day they are visiting it's £12...
Last edited by Dean on Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
riderita

^^^ tell me about it, i was slightly disgusted by this. Lets hope the extra monies are put into the attraction!
Dormiens-Dave

Suggests online sales have been popular on these dates, supply and demand, bloody anoying and slightly disgusting, but on the plus side suggests scarefest will be popular this year
Luke

All I'll say is - I hope the Boiler House is much better than last year otherwise I'll feel very ripped off at that price. I think they have to be something special to warrant a £6 charge.
burny110

maybe the 33% increase is to pay for the bar fit out?
Luke

I would imagine that any costs associated with the bar would be easily re-couped through drink sales.

I honestly think it's just pure greed from Alton - they're probably making a fair profit out of the Hotel mazes anyway, so the increase in price has to be justified by an increase in quality of the attractions; otherwise people will understandably be annoyed.
Mattchu_19

[quote=""Dean""]Just to inform people that Scarefest maze tickets have gone up to £12 on the following dates:-

Sat 16th
Fri 22nd
Sat 23rd
Sun 24th
Sat 30th
Sun 31st

£9 last year to £12 this year that's one hell of an increase...

Also around the website it still states, buy your combo maze ticket for only £10, there will be guests thinking is £10, but on the day they are visiting it's £12...[/quote]

I ordered my Tickets on Friday for the 24th October and i only got charged £10 a ticket :)
Dean

From what i've heard there is no bar area...
Vik

Indeed, heard the same a couple of weeks back. With both mazes in the one building, I doubt there would of been room for one. If there were to of been a bar, it would of been a tad on the small side. :P
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

buffaloBen

[quote=""Dean""]From what i've heard there is no bar area...[/quote]

I think having two mazes in that building is pushing it, never mind a bar area as well.

I think there won't be a bar area in there it would just be ridiculous and cramped and the mazes would be half the size of the boiler house last year. :hrrmph:

I just hope the quality of the mazes make up for there size unless there will be some secret bit that we have not seen or anything but what are the chances of that... :herm:
Especially as they've raised the price this year!

Fingers crossed though :hsmile:
gosling

I honestly don't understand why everyone is expecting the mazes to be smaller than last year? From the photos we've seen that area is huge, isn't it?
~ Good try but not this time ~
Mr P

Isn't the Marquee 3-times bigger than last years Boiler House? So if it's half & half then the Boiler House will be 50% Bigger than last year...Logic, see?
buffaloBen

I know we all have different opinions but shouldn't the mazes you pay for be better?
The pay mazes are good but not exactly better than terror of the towers although i hope that changes this year.

Think how short the boiler house was last year compared to terror of the towers. It should be TOTT you should be paying for due to its length and more actors. Even thought the field had a good story it still lacked the actors to be honest.

Anyway that was last year and this year is another story. :hgrin:

One thing i do hope they do with Carnival of Screams is they add a facade to give the impression its a carnival and not a set up marquee. Same for the boiler house except when queuing you can't see the other maze ect.
Chris W

Alton Towers have posted this offer on AltonTowers.com:
To celebrate the start of this month’s Spooky Season we are offering the first 100 guests that book a Hotel Room for Monday 17th October – Friday 22nd October FREE maze entry! Offer only available for telephone bookings - call 0871 222 1100 to book. Terms and conditions apply.
gosling

But the size of the mazes and the quality of the mazes are seperate things really. Of course the mazes we pay for should be the better ones. I have my hopes set on some more intense scares this year. But that has nothing to do with how big the mazes are. I'd rather have a really epic scare maze that is smaller than a really long maze that doesn't provide.
~ Good try but not this time ~
Dean

[quote=""Chris""]Alton Towers have posted this offer on AltonTowers.com:
To celebrate the start of this month’s Spooky Season we are offering the first 100 guests that book a Hotel Room for Monday 17th October – Friday 22nd October FREE maze entry! Offer only available for telephone bookings - call 0871 222 1100 to book. Terms and conditions apply.
[/quote]

You have to buy park tickets to get the maze tickets free...
Mr P

The reason for the Extra Charge could be that they are running over budget so need extra income to cover it, and if they've run over budget then you'd expect that to mean a greater amount of things happening within. And if the area is bigger, then that's more space to fill with more stuff. (Hopefully) :hinsane: