Scarefest: 16-31 October 2010 [NO SPOILERS]

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Jollylee11

[quote=""Dormiens-Dave""]i thought she hasn't gone yet, i thought she was going after the season ended. So plenty of time for lovely PR fun[/quote]

I love her PR Stunts It's like waiting for a new ride Her PR Stunts you never know what it would be like untill it happeneds much like Thirteen :hrrmph:

On the brighter side, She planned to make this the Best , family themed Scarefest ever :D but Ended up with Clown's waiting to eat her alive for her new maze and Scarecrows which look a bit like Katie price who won't be coming back to the park next year. :hwow:
Last edited by Jollylee11 on Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oldgitBEN

hahaha that video is superb!

Morwenna parting gift I suspect.
Moley

Fantastic video :P
Dormiens-Dave

Just watched the You Tube video possibly Morwenna's last ever news broadcast.

Got to say this has got to be a PR stunt, though if it isn't the park must just be so thankfull to those clowns, the best advertising for Scarefest it realy is :hgrin:
Jollylee11

What Video can you send the link please :hsmile:
AstroDan

The link is above.

Visit [url=http://www.towerstimes.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]www.towerstimes.co.uk[/url] - see the News section.
Khanage

That's was a great bit of PR - one of the better ones of recent. Did that get local news coverage?
Thanks to Adzy for the sig & av.

militantcoasterfan

I would like to take this opportunity to thank regular posters on here.

I post a piece of information on here that was given to me the other day by a member of staff while I was at the park, this is how I knew about the clowns, and this goes ignored and when it is picked up on I get accused of trolling. I don't even know what that means! Hide under bridges? Turn people to stone?
Yet the constant posts of there been a bar in the mazes when a hotel is 100 yards away are taken seriously. Brilliant.
MILITANT COASTER FAN 1981
burny110

Why are you being so defencive. This is an open forum for the sharing of thoughts and passion not a school debating society.

Besides you sound like the sort to be hiding under bridges at night (i'll be looking for you under the white bridge during scarefest, lol)

I dont think they would have a bar either tbh but you dont hear me getting uperty about it!

mulled wine like previous years would be nice tho :)
militantcoasterfan

I know.

I joined this forum to discuss possibilities but I feel as an unknown on here my ideas are thrown out immediately but if you're a known member then any idea goes. Anyway, rant over, don't want to fill the forum with nonsense.

From what I have seen of the tent it is at least twice as big as last year, possible three times, hence why four entrance/exits have been able to be attached compared to the usual one. Let's not forget that the actual area used for ToTT is relatively small for the amount of walking you do. It's how you utilise the space not how big the space is. Smaller = claustrophobic too.

Do we know if the clowns on the video will be similar to the ones in the Carnival? The farmer's flat cap didn't do it for me!

MCF!
MILITANT COASTER FAN 1981
burny110

He reminded me of a family friend lol.

i think all the doors must be for health and safety. In the field last year they had a few people be sick and wet them self. If this happens in the boiler house they need to get them out quick to stop the attraction having to be closed.

OR the multiple exits/entrances could be one for the attractions and one for the bar?
NickT04

[quote=""militantcoasterfan""]I would like to take this opportunity to thank regular posters on here.

I post a piece of information on here that was given to me the other day by a member of staff while I was at the park, this is how I knew about the clowns, and this goes ignored and when it is picked up on I get accused of trolling. I don't even know what that means! Hide under bridges? Turn people to stone?
Yet the constant posts of there been a bar in the mazes when a hotel is 100 yards away are taken seriously. Brilliant.[/quote]

Mate, unless you've got pictures or apress release there's no point mentioning anything on here! That's not a dig at you, just what I've learnt over the years!
gosling

RE: The clown protest.

Been thinking about it and I'd like to see this 'protest' play a part in the actual maze. I'm not saying it'll happen but imagine it... in the queue lines or at some point inside (one of the 'scenes') - maybe play the footage of the protest and have the actors say things like "You should've listened to them.." etc etc...

I dunno. These are the things I think about when I am supposed to be working.
~ Good try but not this time ~
Dormiens-Dave

[quote=""militantcoasterfan""]I would like to take this opportunity to thank regular posters on here.

Yet the constant posts of there been a bar in the mazes when a hotel is 100 yards away are taken seriously. Brilliant.[/quote]

You have fallen victim to the LONG line of posters who have in the past posted absolute nonsense with the deliberate plan of posting nonsense. You probably was given the info by a member of staff, though to be honest some staff enjoy giving bogus information or they get caught in the rumour mill that runs around the resort staff groups.

Best advice is to be cautious in what you post, and if its complete rumour state that in your post, at first people will be cautious of your posts but in time people trust more, there has just been way too many trolls in the past for people to be too trusting.

Anyway this is getting way off topic, but i felt it was right to let you know that we are a friendly bunch, just been had a lot in the past.
Voke

Brilliant PR! Definatly a Marketing Stunt, and it's great to have Morwenna in it, a send off maybe?

Anyway, to get on topic, anyone seen anything going on around the Mazes?
d404jamie

Any one got any more news on the CoS or BH, or even photos (photos wud be best :p).? im getting too excited to wait haha
Also, does anyone know when they start decorating the park..e.g puting pumpkins in towers street and them cool scarecrows. I was just wondering :hsmile:
Voke

[quote=""d404jamie""]Also, does anyone know when they start decorating the park..e.g puting pumpkins in towers street and them cool scarecrows. I was just wondering :hsmile:[/quote]

They don't start decorating Towers Street until a few days before Scarefest, it doesn't take them long! Expect them to start putting them up around Thursday the 14th :hsmug:
jordanc14

Well last year I went the day after scarefest and the decorations were gone, not a sign of scarefest left, not a piece of straw. But I imagine it takes them longer to put them up.
Nerdsticks

[quote=""Voke""][quote=""d404jamie""]Also, does anyone know when they start decorating the park..e.g puting pumpkins in towers street and them cool scarecrows. I was just wondering :hsmile:[/quote]

They don't start decorating Towers Street until a few days before Scarefest, it doesn't take them long! Expect them to start putting them up around Thursday the 14th :hsmug:[/quote]

*A bright light flashes out of nowhere and a strange little boy (now a teen) appears* Wow! Long time since i last posted something on the forum! Anyways, Alton Towers always tweet their updates about scarefest around the 14th, they will do it on facebook as well I think. Also what you have said has made me laugh because of
Thursday the 14th
reminds me of friday the 13th :hlol:
Scarefest lunatic!
Voke

Don't worry, it'll be big soon and everyone will be fearing Thursday the 14th :hfang: Anyways it's nice to see that Alton keep up updated as they do, quite rare with parks nowdays.