Scarefest: 16-31 October 2010 [NO SPOILERS]

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
NickT04

Yeah the £17 I was referring to was the entry fee. My Mum works in a school and they handed out a load of vouchers, so I've got about 25 of them!

It would seem I didn't read it properly though, the Sunday I'm visiting hasn't been made into a "profit day" just yet. Sadly the Friday I am going on (22nd) has been, so they've lost out on £20/24 (depending how you look at it) from me and my mate.
Voke

Yeah, hopefully someone will be there on the 15th :D I know it's for kids, but surely they will have at least one jump out Scare (I mean a really tame one, not even a scream, just a boo)?
Anonymous

What would be the quietest day to go to Alton Towers on the Scarefest? Anyone have a Idea :?:
Voke

[quote=""Sarah552646""]anyone Know what would be the quietest day in the scarefest? anyone have a idea :?:[/quote]

The quietist day's would be the first week of Scarefest which is the 18th to the 22nd of October, due to this being a week where most schools are off (But some aren't, just to warn you). Also the opening day/weekend is usually quite quiet so it's upto you when you visit. Personally i'm going on the first day, as I love to get there on the first day of an event.
AstroDan

[quote=""Dormiens-Dave""]I dont get the clashing themes issue, the photo's clearly showed that the entrance to each maze was quite a distance from each other and inside they will obviously be seperate.

Terenzi do a similar thing and they are considered one of the best at horror events.

There may be other issues such as price hikes and the like but i dont see how having two mazes in one building if there entrances are distinct is a theme clash[/quote]

Although I agree that if done properly, mazes in one building can work - Terenzi's mazes in one building last year were poor. You could hear the audio from other mazes whilst in the other! Terenzi's mazes last year were nothing compared to Alton Towers' efforts really.

:)
kingbling11

Hopefully AT have taken the initiative to soundproof the halves.
Voke

But remeber it's only a tent, they can't exacaly put a brick wall down the middle, so I wouldn't be suprised if you could hear the screams from the Maze next door, although I hope this won't be the case.
iloveshauni

Sound proofing isn't difficult to do at all, I wouldn't worry about it I'm sure Alton have thought it through :)

Take Thirteen for example, that building is made up of fibre glass and wood yet the crypt area is totally sound proof, you cant here a thing from in there and there's only a wall seperating the station from the crypt.
Voke

I understand how TH13TEEN is sound-proofed. But were talking about a temporary tent that goes up once a year :P But i'm sure Alton can pull it off!
kingbling11

All they have to do is put a plasterboard stud wall in between the mazes. Put sound insulation in the cavity and use sound resistant plasterboard. Job Done!
Voke

As I said, I knew Alton could do it. I was just pointing out that TH13TEEN is an attraction, not a tent.
Nerdsticks

Anybody with new information on the scarefest? would be good to know of updates and such, im a bit worried at the 2 in 1 tent idea, the price rise for a drop in content seems silly, lets hope quality compensates.
Scarefest lunatic!
Voke

There is a Pre-Scarefest meet going on tommorow, so I can almost guarantee they'll have some news for us :hsmug:
Nerdsticks

Ahh thank you Voke :hlol: :hsmile: . I'll be excited for news, there is nothing to do but wait for when I go to Alton Towers next week so im dying to see updates, one of the reasons why im back on youtube and TTF :hgrin: .
Scarefest lunatic!
Voke

It's okay. I'm also waiting till the 16th till I go. But I don't think much will change apart from a few of the decors around the Maze tents and a few bits of music blaring from TOTT here and there :) But we can expect to see Tower-Street being decorated around Thursday or Friday of next week.
Nerdsticks

Yea, the decorating of Towers Street is the most exciting bit, Since I live in Scotland 6 hours away im driving there on Friday staying at the hotel and leaving on Monday. :hlol: That means I get to miss one day of school! :hwow:
Scarefest lunatic!
Voke

Oh okay cool, have a good time :-)
wooJL

One of the guys from my Drama School got the job of a scare actor for this years Scarefest, yeah i know this sounds troll-y! But, and i'll put it in spoiler tags, he says that this years Terror of the Towers contains... [spoiler:39l4ex6g]Live bats![/spoiler:39l4ex6g] Now he is prone to exaggeration so I wouldn't take it as gospel but just throwing it out there! I personally doubt it :hshy:
Adam

I've heard theming might start appearing tomorrow night. So anyone going on Tuesday might see something...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
gosling

Hmm, doesn't seem likely WooJL. You sure he isn't having you on? I can't see how that'd work.
~ Good try but not this time ~