SW6 / Thirteen - Ride & Construction discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Nightfall

Please don't say that’s one of the T-Shirts that will be going on sale, it's got that awful plastic stuff that melts if you try and iron it.

Well the carts seem to be following the mine train-ish feel that so many people predicted. The Lap bars are also going to make that first corner incredibly fun with such tight banking. They seem well padded so hopefully the airtime will be good and the design seems to match the rest of the dark forest.

I’m sure a proper picture will be revealed soon just like they released all the snow cars images the day after they appeared all over the net.
[align=center]Image[/align]
Javs

OMG! Brilliant. And yay, lap bars. :clap: :mrgreen:
Scorpe

LAP BARS!
Sex Wee! lol...

Just pleaaaaseee, more themeing! :D
Javs

[quote=""Adzy""]
the trains do look weird, I mean, that stick on the left by Alex Reid, it looks weird, no idea what it, even though I think its a sword or something, can't seem to be matching either on the opposite side.[/quote]

Think that it could be a torch or lamp fitting, maybe even with a light. Have seen this done on mine train rides. Would look good in the dark sections.
simononestop

[quote=""Javs""][quote=""Adzy""]
the trains do look weird, I mean, that stick on the left by Alex Reid, it looks weird, no idea what it, even though I think its a sword or something, can't seem to be matching either on the opposite side.[/quote]

Think that it could be a torch or lamp fitting, maybe even with a light. Have seen this done on mine train rides. Would look good in the dark sections.[/quote]

thats exactly what i was thinking!
Moley

If there is a light of some sort put on the front of the train it would be good if it flickered off as you entered the building to build the tension up even further :mrgreen:
Javs

Would be extra cool if there is lighting on the train, that as it enters the crypt, it flickers and goes out. Spooky!

^^^^ Beat me too it! Great minds think alike.
James

[quote=""Disco Ball""][quote=""Sam!""]Lap bars and no headrests?! Thankyou Alton!

Do test dummy's usually have question marks for faces or is that a marketing thing?[/quote]

I wonder if the question marks could relate to a future competition/auction for the first ride...?[/quote]

I assumed that the question marks were relating to what the article's about...
[quote=""Article""]The resort is offering members of the public the chance to have a ‘world-first’ preview of TH13TEEN, the ‘ultimate rollercoaster’, before its grand opening on March 20th 2010 – but it’s not going to be an easy ride.
Determined thrill seekers are being invited to test their metal with an application process that makes Big Brother seem like your little sister![/quote]
Could be showing the questions marks as to say"What thrill seekers will ride Th13teen first"?

Yay for lap bars! I hope they make that train look dirtier though, looks abit clean for my liking, but overall I'm impressed.

Oh and a un-themed part of the building, sort it Alton :P

I doubt Alex rode it, most likely just sat in the train to just make a bit of publicity for him and Alton.

One more thing:
[quote=""Article""]Alton Towers Resort has put together a team of experts including Celebrity Big Brother winner Alex Reid[/quote]
Alex Reid: Expert? :lol: Don't think so.
riderita

What I want to know is am I going to get a ride on the preview weekend?

If Alex the cage fighter gets a seat without paying a penny I want a go for my £££'s...

Anyone feel the same way?
Last edited by riderita on Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brett

it mentions you can apply for the first ride "here" and it sends you to the link of the thirteen mini site.

and theres nothin on there but the preview weekend so me think we might ;)
Kaz

What I want to know is am I going to get a ride on the preview weekend?

If Alex the cage fighting c*nt gets a seat without paying a penny I want a go for my £££'s...

Anyone feel the same way?
I think you will find he is sitting on the train, not riding it.
buffaloBen

The THI3TEEN mini site has just been updated regarding applications to the thrill seeker event!
New images too!
[url=http://www.altontowers.com/thirteen/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.altontowers.com/thirteen/[/url]
Chris W

So its a video competition based on the T&C's:

Applicants must be over 18 and will need to sign a disclaimer regarding physical and mental health. Applicants must be available on 2nd and 3rd March 2010 to attend the assessment and boot camp at the Alton Towers Resort. The best application videos will be showcased on [url=http://www.facebook.com/altontowers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]www.facebook.com/altontowers[/url] resort for public comment.

The old website was better.
Vik

In relation to the above, just a quote on the small print :-

Applicants must be over 18 and will need to sign a disclaimer regarding physical and mental health. Applicants must be available on 2nd and 3rd March 2010 to attend the assessment and boot camp at the Alton Towers Resort. The best application videos will be showcased on [url=http://www.facebook.com/altontowers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.facebook.com/altontowers[/url] resort for public comment.

Don't worry, we'll never share your email address with third parties. View the Merlin Entertainment Group privacy policy.
ha, beaten to it :P
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

Gloomy Dude

I like that background on the left of the page. Looks almost like a person being 'taken over' in the same way that Rita/the cars etc have. Very sinister.

Just a shame they have to ruin it with that grinning sponge. #-o
For some things there is no rational explanation. There is no way out. There is no happy ending to this story. Welcome to the unknown. Welcome to eternal darkness.

Welcome to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - The Ride
Big C

Nice girls! :shock: :D

Shame really the physical test i would probably never succeed in however the continous riding sounds like fun! Shame i will need to wait another few years to atempt this great event - supposing it's free, OBVIOUSLY!

I must say those trains do look terrible, they look like RMT trains... Another fail, god i hope the indoor section is worth the time and money i (and others) have invested into Alton...

I suppose the audio in the carriages has gone pear shaped as usual... Pull your head's together Intamin!
Secret submission lover.
Who doesn't love that comfy piece of chance?

I am a brass band nerd, deal with it!
Javs

'visitors will be invited to take a ride into the Dark Forest, where they will have to try and escape the all-consuming power of the creeping forest'

This says to me that when you enter the crypt we may see the train attacked by vines. Imagine the train being grabbed by a psychotic vine and thrown around, 'Simulator?' Then crashes through into the crypt where we discover the force behind the vines terror!
simononestop

is there still snow on the ground there? is in that photo
starbugger1303

I had doubts about th13teen but now I have seen the updates I think its going to be excellent.
Jared

Just looking at this picture, is it me or does it look super imposed? There's no shadows and the lighting is all wrong for the weather.