Fairs/Travelling Rides - General Discussion

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
maguire245

As you have seen in the Winter Wonderland topic I visited London on Saturday. On the way back to go home I made a visit to Leicester Square and made a small report. (with the memory on my camera phone I had left as I forgot my digi cam was inside my dads car, it was locked and he was at work, long story #-o )
Wasn't spectacular but the crowds were certainly pouring in, especially the drunks in father christmas outfits on a stag do :mrgreen:

Report can be seen here.

Enjoy :)
Fotopic Fair Rides K&L
YouTube 245thegreat
Topsyturvy15

At leicester square how much is the big looping ride?
Anonymous

[quote=""Topsyturvy15""]At leicester square how much is the big looping ride?[/quote]

KMG Booster - £5
maguire245

[quote=""kryn""][quote=""Topsyturvy15""]At leicester square how much is the big looping ride?[/quote]

KMG Booster - £5[/quote]
Same price I paid for George Irvins one this summer, good to know it hasn't been notched up for Christmas.

---- Post Info Added ----

There are large rumours that Olympia Looping coaster from Germany, travelled by Barth, is to be travelling it's final year next year.

There is speculation, but nothing is fully confirmed, but I can understand that times are tough and the large coaster won't be making good enough returns on the fair circuit.

Other reasons are that the testing procedure costs quite a lot of money and it might need a bit of re-work with it's circuit, which will be in a years time, which will be quite a hefty price. Hence the reason to move it into an amusement park to make some descent cash, then it could come back onto the fair scene.

Suggestions have been if it is bought by, or placed in an amusement park, like the younger sibling 'Flying Circus' of the Barth family has done, it can make some good profit.

If it stops travelling it will be a blow to the German fair scene, as this superb machine has been travelling since 1989.

Last edited by maguire245 on Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fotopic Fair Rides K&L
YouTube 245thegreat
evil cod

From: [url=http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/viewtopi ... 13&t=25652" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]viewtopic.php?f=13&t=25652[/url]

[quote=""valleymania""]Moving on, we are thrilled to announce the second of Lightwater Valley's new attractions for 2010! Our teasers of a "storm brewing" have left you all guessing, so it's time to put you out of your misery! Alex Crow's Top Buzz 2 will be making home at the park next season under the name of Whirlwind! Replacing Hornets Nest, the ride will fit straight into the spot left behind from its departure. The Mondial Topscan is on a similar deal to that of Wild River Rapids from this season, with the ride staying for the year with the possibility of purchase come the end of the 2010 season![/quote]

I'd expect afew people will be saddened to hear this. (Mostly people who dont live near lightwater)
AdamJ

Well, as I said in the actual topic, I think it's Top Buzz 1 which is going to LWV, but needless to say, another ride lost from the circut to a park, UGH! :lol:
Craig

As nathan and cod have mentioned on the other topic though, it has ben double checked with the park themselves that it is indeed top buzz 2. Shame in one respect, but hell it's spending at least 2010 in my local park, who am I to complain :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
maguire245

Sad news, I hope tb1 can travel now, we really need a top scan travelling, come back please!

---- Post Info Added ----

Another KMG Rides 'Inversion' is to hit the scene before long. They've called it 'Nemesis 360' and will be arriving in America to showman family 'Casper'.
Fotopic Fair Rides K&L
YouTube 245thegreat
shanem345

Alex Crow has been travelling in the Midlands since James Mellors sold his Top Scan appearing at pretty much all the events that Space Roller used to attend, i also saw James in the paybox of Crows Top Scan at this years Goose Fair so i reckon theyve got some sort of partership going on and thats why its ending up at Lightwater, has we know Mellors Rapids are there.

Another Top Scan lost :cry:
Anonymous

[quote=""shanem345""]Saw James in the paybox of Crows Top Scan at this years Goose Fair so i reckon theyve got some sort of partership going on[/quote]

Probably just a friendship and due to the fact they have sub-let the grounds from Mellors
shanem345

True but I bet Mellors has convinced Alex to bring his Top Scan to Lightwater considering it was the only Top Scan still travelling the UK fairs at the moment.

That's just my opinion! :o
shanem345

Yes James & Edward Mellors Giant Wheel (Wheel of Nottingham) is to return to the Old Market Square, Nottingham.

Due to open from Friday 12th Feb 2010 :D
maguire245

Is Edward Studts' Move It machine travelling? It's not a ride that gets mentioned often.

Photo of it here.
Fotopic Fair Rides K&L
YouTube 245thegreat
shanem345

Not seen that in ages, not sure if it is.
maguire245

[quote=""shanem345""]Not seen that in ages, not sure if it is.[/quote]
A machine that good can't surely be doing nothing.. Oh I forgot.. the 32 is sitting away in a yard :roll:

It was only last year it was out (technically speaking 2), so if anyone has any reports at any point last year, or during this years season please let us know.
Fotopic Fair Rides K&L
YouTube 245thegreat
AdamJ

Isn't Studt's Move It at the SECC for the Irn Bru Carnival this year? And am I thinking it was painted black? Or is that Elliot Bibby's Move It?
maguire245

[quote=""Adzy""]Isn't Studt's Move It at the SECC for the Irn Bru Carnival this year? And am I thinking it was painted black? Or is that Elliot Bibby's Move It?[/quote]
Elliots machine.

Previously looked like this, now looks like this.

A bit more needs to be done to it, hopefully some backlighting and a top sign would look good. Also lights on the new splats. All in good time I suppose.
Fotopic Fair Rides K&L
YouTube 245thegreat
shanem345

It looked better before!
maguire245

[quote=""shanem345""]It looked better before![/quote]
At the moment yes, but providing it's finished to the before standard which I think it will be, it'll look much more modern.
Fotopic Fair Rides K&L
YouTube 245thegreat
Topsyturvy15

Anyone know of any attractions for the january february periods?