Fairs/Travelling Rides - General Discussion

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Adz
Admin
Admin

Whoah. That's certainly different.

Interesting to note that the seats are spun by motors as opposed to being free spinning. That could be very intense!
----reece----

Why havnt I seen a zipper ever in the uk??
Luce

I'm not entirely sure why Zippers haven't been seen in this country - they may have been around in the past but you tend to find them more in the US for some reason.
Last edited by Luce on Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rollermad

Luce wrote: I'm not entirely sure why Zippers haven't been seen in this country - they may have been around in the past but you tend to find them more in the US for some reason.
Safety I'm thinking! Not really that safe.
JaykeAT

Hey guys,found this ride at the Southbank center on my travels the other day,it is exactly the same as the fantasy mouse,Sorry I don't have any pics I just thought id tell yall
LJ

A few weeks ago my sister went on a double decker carousel in Boulogne, there was a fun fair there as well but we didn't go to it . Not much but it seemed relevant .

sis: carousels are boring. been on those loads of times.
me: no you haven't,  look up...
sis: OMG!

(sorry, but that's what happened)
No pics either, but lets make these more seen in the UK ...
mathmos

Luce wrote: I'm not entirely sure why Zippers haven't been seen in this country - they may have been around in the past but you tend to find them more in the US for some reason.
Zippers are still widely travelled in Australia and America, the ride has a cult following due to it's notorious background and stomach churning reputation 8).
The ride has undergone major safety modifications in recent years with Chance rides making changes to the cables and rollers that were prone to breaking and dropping parts etc, also the door lock systems.
The ride is still very ahead of it's time in the thrill stakes.
There is one in storage in britain still and there is talk of it being brought back out again in fairground enthusiast circles so watch this space, it might just happen ;)
Deleted

Sad news that Billy Crows KMG Tango Equinox has been sold to a US amusement park "Canobie Lake"

This was a amazingly presented machine and even though 10yrs old still looked brand new.

http://www.canobie.com/equinox.html

Ripsaw Raver

this is sad time! Equinox was my all time favorite uk fair ride.
It took me 6 years to get on it as it rarely came down this far.
In 2002 i think it was it made its only apearrance at Stamford Mid Lent Fair. and back then i did not get the chance.
it was in 2009 that i saw the ride booth on a picture on Facebook at Boston Fair and said to my BF pleeeeease pleeeease take me there just so i can get on that one ride!. After some errmm persuasion i got my way.

Equinox was like show-a demon ballet someone once called it.

Its program although never changed was the perfect setting allowing you to experience the best of what a Tango can do. From the rollover at the beginng to the teasing with inversion before resting on its back to take you backwards to show the speed of the ride then the final coup de grace when the seats-main arm and the seating arms all spun in the same direction when it truely felt as if the ride was out of control.

Equinox unlike alot of the tangos left you wanting more and more not a sick bag.
Canobie better look after it, just as Energizer did at AT this ride holds a very soft spot in my heart.

"If you DARE ride the EQUINOX buy your tickets at the cash box now-Equinox the UK's TOP SENSATION..Don't worry BEEEE Haaapy..SuperSensation in this moving machine!!!""Ladies and Gentlemen hold on tight!,Your in for a truly moving Experience!
Last edited by Ripsaw Raver on Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
AdrenalineAlex

I have never seen one of these before but I thought I'd take a few pictures when I went to Littlehampton. I didn't go on it but it was so peculiar!

Rollermad

AdrenalineAlex wrote: I have never seen one of these before but I thought I'd take a few pictures when I went to Littlehampton. I didn't go on it but it was so peculiar!

I've done that :) You have to pedal to flip over that's quite funny. It's also a comfortable ride ( Unless you stall or go slowly upside down!)
Ripsaw Raver

Why couldnt Canobie have taken that instead..I miss my Equinox
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
Sam198

Rollermad wrote:
Safety I'm thinking! Not really that safe.
Just remember, we have tagada's and the americans don't :P I would think it's more of a public perception thing.
When faced with a ride as violent and cheap looking as your bog standard american zipper, the british general public are more likely to have a "no way am I going on that!" kind of attitude towards it.

In the case of tagada's though, the fact that they don't invert or really do much other than spin in a circle and bounce around a bit, means they just don't have the same psychological effect as a zipper would, although they are obviously far more dangerous :)
Last edited by Sam198 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rollermad

LJ wrote: A few weeks ago my sister went on a double decker carousel in Boulogne, there was a fun fair there as well but we didn't go to it . Not much but it seemed relevant .

sis: carousels are boring. been on those loads of times.
me: no you haven't,  look up...
sis: OMG!

(sorry, but that's what happened)
No pics either, but lets make these more seen in the UK ...
They have a double decker carousel at gullivers Milton Keynes but it only has 5 horses up stairs. I would get Matlock and Warrington have double decker carousels as well as gullivers are known for having similar line ups.