2010: Corkscrews for the Entrance Plaza

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
bushboy2

[url=http://www.rcdb.com/778.htm?p=1157" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.rcdb.com/778.htm?p=1157[/url]

Look at the entrance to the corkscrews. There is your straight.
80schild

That does look possible from that photo, strange that the submitted plans don't show the track as it will actually be?
D-Man

I really wish they would bolt the train to the track to give it that good look. To recreate that picture that was on the front of the map the first year it was opened! Does anybody have a picture of it? (the map I mean)
Alba gu brath! Scotland Forever!
NickT04

Wouldn't it be awesome if they opened the Black Hole tent as some sort of 30th anniversary museum?
Anonymous

[quote=""Coaster Crazy Alex""]Did you take the monorail to the Park?

And exactly what i said; the foundations are ready but have been hastily covered up for feb half term (check earlier pages) and they obviously would close it off; don't want any nosy TTF'rs having a peek now do we? :o :)[/quote]

Yes Alex, I took the monorail to the park, and your right the way they have covered them is hastily, good job its only temporary, and cant wait for them to install the corkys loops :D
Coaster Crazy Alex

[quote=""DaymoHill""][quote=""Coaster Crazy Alex""]Did you take the monorail to the Park?

And exactly what i said; the foundations are ready but have been hastily covered up for feb half term (check earlier pages) and they obviously would close it off; don't want any nosy TTF'rs having a peek now do we? :o :)[/quote]

Yes Alex, I took the monorail to the park, and your right the way they have covered them is hastily, good job its only temporary, and cant wait for them to install the corkys loops :D[/quote]

That is why you did not see them then. The monorail was not not open early Saturday morning so i walked therefore seeing the corkys and taking pictures. You would of missed them because the Monorail windows were blacked out making them hard to see.

The corkys themselves no straight piece of track will connect the both. They would simply be the 2 loops themselves nothing else.
Massive thanks to adzy for the signature and avatar!
Xbox Live - Blanddak1ller LFD2,FIFA10 and MW2 expert; feel free to add me!
Zac

Has anyone seen any developments with the construction yet? It's surly gotta be anytime soon now, can't wait for the new season with so many new changes and additions around the resort!
Adam

I have heard the paving slabs have been pulled up again but the track remains where it was at the moment. Don't think the repaint has been completed yet.
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
fredward

I had a interview at staffordshire uni and popped in to the hotel to ask about the status of the 13 weekend, (we havnt been emailed any info),

the corkscrews are still in the empty car park. They apear to be fully painted. I'll post some pictures tonight, Im on my phone at the moment.
Dean

[quote=""fredward""]I had a interview at staffordshire uni and popped in to the hotel to ask about the status of the 13 weekend, (we havnt been emailed any info),

the corkscrews are still in the empty car park. They apear to be fully painted. I'll post some pictures tonight, Im on my phone at the moment.[/quote]

Not the only one who hasn't been informed then... :P
mattgolfgti

does anyone else think that the should have welded one or two of the cars to the track, i think that would look really cool
jomo1993

[quote=""mattgolfgti""]does anyone else think that the should have welded one or two of the cars to the track, i think that would look really cool[/quote]

Yes i agree, i think it would look amazing.

Am i the only one who is thinking theyre leaving it a bit late to put these up - but i do suppose theyve still got 2 weekes to put them up, cos they are still in the car park, along with the supports.
MIND THE DOORS PLEASE

MIND THE DOORS
Craig

I'm sure they'll have them sorted, buy I have a feeling another rather larger project is taking priority at the moment :P
mattgolfgti

lol which project is takin place :P does anyone know if they kept some of the cars i know they did auction one if not some off, if they did weld some cars to the track it would have to be goin round the screw or goin into the first one, maybe 2 cars and chop one car in half to make it look like its comin from nowhere, almost as if its like a ghost
fredward

the painting looks pretty finished but I do believe there leaving it a bit late. heres some pics I took on Saturday.

Sorry they're not brilliant, wasn't aloud to go much further then that, and the closest point you could get to had a thickish bush in the way so coudn't get a nice picture!
Dylan

If the foundations are all ready in, it will take take no time to put the corkscrews up.
I'm sure it will all be there by opening day.
:D
oldgitBEN

i know this has taken abit of grief on ttf but personally i love the plans!
Its a great re-use of park history, brightens up a very dull entrance and creates abit of a magical spark before the park.
Yes on paper the colours sound bad but lets wait til we see it to reserve judgement.

Personally im glad its there, better than scrapping it.
AaronSmith

The gold beams are in and the purple track is now in front of the monorail station going up!
jomo1993

Woo this sounds great, i thought they were leaving it a bit late aswell, but actually i suppose they only have to screw them up.

Does anyone have any pictures?
MIND THE DOORS PLEASE

MIND THE DOORS
fredward

I'm going to the hotel on friday night so Saturday morning I'll try to get some pics if there is any significant difference. won't be online 'till Sunday night though