Google Street View at Alton Towers

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
tidy_martin

im on thorpe parks one
Mi-Nigle

Haha that's brilliant! I think it's an odd thing to do but glad they did it. Although the second they made it live it was out of date.

If you saw this guy walking round you're probably on it! :P
Nightfall

Perfect timing! I was on Google Maps yesterday looking for the annual pass office and wishing the Street View was available. Now I’m looking at it :joy:
[align=center]Image[/align]
Gloomy Dude

For some things there is no rational explanation. There is no way out. There is no happy ending to this story. Welcome to the unknown. Welcome to eternal darkness.

Welcome to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - The Ride
Khanage

I have just been taking a look at the Street View - it is really great. The routing can get a bit confusing at times due to the amount of options that it gives you which look as though they are going in the same direction (saw this is FV mostly).

I wish peoples faces weren't blurred as I'm sure there would be some priceless expressions - for example in the exit queues of The Flume it looks as though a group of people are caught very unaware in the haystack dryer.
Thanks to Adzy for the sig & av.

Islander

OK, I know this thread's mainly about Alton, but credit needs to be given to Legoland, who appear to have had some fun with this opportunity :giggle:

Here we have a fairly deserted Driving School, with what appears to just be one driver:

But who is that mystery driver?

:lol:

He also makes another appearance in Kingdom of the Pharaohs:

I hear there are other amusing things in Legoland's Street View, but I haven't found them yet...

Good job, though :D
henry96

Its great that they've got it on! I was thinking a few weeks ago that they should include theme parks and now they have! However Alton's and Thorpe's are a bit confusing due to there being so many routes but it's still got to be good advertising :D
D-Man

[quote=""Rita 2005""]An updated Google Street View has just gone online in the lst few minutes covering most of the UK, not just selected locations.

Alton Towers, Farley Lane Entrance

[url=http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 44.45,,0,5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 44.45,,0,5[/url][/quote]

Looking at the picture from this street view IMO just shows how small the parks entrance is. The entrance isn't that overwhelming and in my opinion could be much bigger and it could be much nicer. It's nice at the moment but not that eye-catching. I would say that Thorpe's entrance with the segments of track going over it is more eye-catching. :lol: :lol:

Just a thought.
Last edited by D-Man on Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alba gu brath! Scotland Forever!
henry96

[quote=""Rita 2005""]
Looking at the picture from this street view IMO just shows how small the parks entrance is. The entrance isn't that overwhelming and in my opinion could be much bigger and it could be much nicer. It's nice at the moment but no that eye-catching. I would say that Thorpe's entrance with the segments of track going over it is more eye-catching.

Just a thought.[/quote]

I agree with that. It does look nice but its not particularly interesting. I also agree that Thorpe's is more exciting :)
D-Man

[url=http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 44.45,,0,5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 44.45,,0,5[/url]

Wouldn't it be very cool to live here on Wootton Lane, right next to th AT entrance :lol: :lol: Would be my perfect street! I would be able to hear the nemesis and air roar all day! :P

You may have to follow the Wootton Lane arrows to see what I mean!
caffeine_demon

there's a ghost about too!

Gloomy Dude

Me and Meg.

Erm, from behind. How very exciting 8-[
For some things there is no rational explanation. There is no way out. There is no happy ending to this story. Welcome to the unknown. Welcome to eternal darkness.

John

That's brilliant, by going via the skyride its then possible to e-stalk you as far as towers street.

Any more TTFers on there?
Gloomy Dude

Haha! Didn't realise that. E-stalking yourself is surprisingly fun!

As for other TTFers, I can't remember the exact date, but it was a week day in mid September, if that refreshes anyone's memories. It's very possible Diogo and Hilary were there too. In fact, and maybe I'm wrong, I think I remember seeing the Google bike buzzing about when we met them for the first time at the top of Towers Street...

Rita 2005

[quote=""D-Man""][quote=""Rita 2005""]An updated Google Street View has just gone online in the lst few minutes covering most of the UK, not just selected locations.

Alton Towers, Farley Lane Entrance

[url=http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 44.45,,0,5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 44.45,,0,5[/url][/quote]

Looking at the picture from this street view IMO just shows how small the parks entrance is. The entrance isn't that overwhelming and in my opinion could be much bigger and it could be much nicer. It's nice at the moment but not that eye-catching. I would say that Thorpe's entrance with the segments of track going over it is more eye-catching. :lol: :lol:

Just a thought.[/quote]
Don't forget its a Conservation Area, so you would never get planning permission to have an entrance like Thorpe's.
D-Man

Oh yeah i forgot about that :roll: Oh well :cry:

Gloomy Dude, its actually quite funny that you are looking about the park to find yourself haha I was walking along my street when the car went passed but sadly I am not on the street view :( :P I'm very disappointed haha 8)
Jem8472

hidden people

So do you reckon these two are:
A) scared of Google street view
Or
B) skipping school/work

-------edited to get the link right-------
Coke

Skipping school to be honest. Just look at them!

Are you thirsty?
DiogoJ42

Awww. :( I'm not on it.
But LOL to all those who have been spotted so far! :lol: Gloomy: I believe you were on your way to meet me and Kelpie at tbe top of Towers Street :? The only time I saw the GSV trike was just after we came through the turnstyles, but we're not there :(

I wonder how many TTFers are on GSV?
Gloomy Dude

[quote=""DiogoJ42""] Gloomy: I believe you were on your way to meet me and Kelpie at tbe top of Towers Street :?[/quote]

What are the chances eh? That Google, Google of all the mammoth internet corportations, should be present to record such a pivotal moment in our lives :P