SW6 / Thirteen - Viral Marketing/Promotional Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
NemesisGirl95

[quote=""towersmike""]In a previous post, user 'AdamPanic' posted a poem or rhyme that mentioned a hound. If anyone has the leaflet, look closely just under the left point of the crucifix (bottom right of the leaflet). Here in the moonlight is the shape of what appears to be a dog or hound. The idea of a hound also connects with a YouTube account called 'The Hound Has Risen'. A video on this account tells us about a hound rising in 2010 which is then followed by the alton towers website address.[/quote]

The poem in description of that video is basically just the Legend of Gelert with the name Alton Towers thrown in. I'm still excited for this, but if this is the true backstory Alton is planning to use, I'm slightly disappointed that they couldn't have used something more original.
FallingStar

Drawing on this, I'd like to point out that all the posts, videos etc. posted involving the hound myth were posted by STC - apparently he got bored =P
kingda dude

Did we ever find out who the Doctor Henry Rockwell was?
Was it another fan or was it just thown away and lost in the fath of the other two people who went on youtube that ended up poasting hoaxes.
"The Marmalisation Process has been scientifically designed to ensure a sense of euphoria and satisfaction should be had by all... There are no, known, Long Term side effects to the Marmalisation process, however short term side effects may include: dizziness, vomiting, loss of balance, loss of limb control, feinting, wild hallucinations but most importantly Smiles!"
Chris W

I was impressed with the leaflets.

In case anyone didn't know there is a voucher on the back which gives a reduced entry between March 2010 and May 2010.

Good way to generate hype and give more reasons for the guests to come back!
FallenAbyss

Thought I'd upload a higher quality scan of the SW6 Leaflets thought they might be of use to somebody for Avatars and Signatures or whatever. Note I've removed the barcode from the leaflet.

Wes

"explore the unknown and experience the unexpected in search of what lies within ... if you dare"
Johno

From this, I think we could be seeing Roboarms in 2011?
SEALIFE

Havent they got low capacity though? I mean from the Robo Arms of wich I have seen, its only been 2 people riding at a time..
AstroDan

Futuroscope's "Danser avec les Robots" (Trans: Dance with Robots) has 6 arms, and therefore a capacity of 12 at a time. They get about 12 people per 2 minutes so around 360pph. Still not enough for a part like AT, but if they got 10 arms then it may work.

:)
Dylan

I wish we could still see a larger version of that story board.
It all fits together really well with the plans.
SEALIFE

Also if they were putting a flat ride in the area wouldent thay have put planning permission in with SW6?
chr1s

[quote=""Zak""]Also if they were putting a flat ride in the area wouldent thay have put planning permission in with SW6?[/quote]

It would really depend on when they are planning on having the Flat Ride ready for, my guess would be 2011 and if thats the case, application for planning permission wouldn't be needed until 2010.
Pepsi is better than Coke!!
Maelstrom

also if they plan on adding a flat ride on the location of ug swinger or the balloon game i didn't they needed planning permission if its is below tree hight and meets the guidlines set in the general planning order (much like rita didn't need planning permission) SW6 needed it as it went to an area not covered by the general planning order.
kingda dude

I don't think you need planning permission if it isn't visible or interferes with people who live around the park, when we built our summer house we went in to get a planning application, then we found that since the house neither intruded on or disturbed the neighbors in any way, which it didn't then there is no planning necessary.

Also these plans could have been given in during 2004 when AT decided to submit quite a few plans and managed to get most of them accepted.
"The Marmalisation Process has been scientifically designed to ensure a sense of euphoria and satisfaction should be had by all... There are no, known, Long Term side effects to the Marmalisation process, however short term side effects may include: dizziness, vomiting, loss of balance, loss of limb control, feinting, wild hallucinations but most importantly Smiles!"
Johno

I wonder whether you could get 4-5 people on each arm (with hydraulics it should be possible in theory), and thus get 10 of them. Which would be 50 per cycle.

Say each cycle lasts 2 mins, with 3 mins of loading/unloading.

They could get it to about 600pph
Big Dave

I have seen designs for Roboarms with 4 seats. If you had 6 of those you would have a fair few people per hour.
Jon

I'm trying hard to study the visual for clues. That thing in the bottom left, what is that? an overturned herse? A rollercoaster cart? It could be a hint to towards the storyline if its some kind of hearse, or a hint towards the a sense of danger as to the unpredictable element i.e., "look what happened tot he last riders". Then again it could just be adding to the visual. I'm really nitpicking here...

I'm not normally one to follow wilder speculation, but that small portion that was picked up on looks more like a werewolf on a smokey hill than ever, I'll be honest.

At least none of the taglines are telling us to watch the ground.
Formerly "Dagoo"
riderita

Not too sure how much we should look into this poster...

The possible use of stock imagery that is available for anyone may tell us that there is nothing specific about the nitty gritty...

I think the posters aim is to give an impression... dark sinister forest crypt. Thats it...
stretchy

some things strike me about the flier.

1) the building in the centre seems to be either within a tree or part tree.

2) The border seems to be some steel scaffolding with something growing over them.

3) creature in the light I have seen before so I think that is just stock imagery

4) grave stones - the one on the left looks like one from haunted hollow (with a speaker in the front) the one on the right looks like one from Dual graveyard queue.

5) bottom left looks like either some columns on their side, or as previously said, a well or mine shaft

All leads me to feel that we are looking to the following story

Whist removing corkey they uncovered a crypt, inside they find a creature that is the old lord of shrewbury clutching a piece of the old chained oak, still alive but shrivelled to look like Golom. The builders try to grab him, to remove him from the site. In the struggle the earl drops the piece of oak and it sprouts, growing rapidly, encasing the old crypt and outwards into the park, snaring the coaster that is being built around it, and dragging it in.

You are tasked with rescuing the builders, and the earl, if you dare
[url=http://"http://www.stretchedmindz.com"]Image[/url]

[url=http://"http://www.secretsantaelf.co.uk"]Image[/url]
DiogoJ42

That's a pretty twisted image... but I like it!