SW6 / Thirteen - Viral Marketing/Promotional Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Elliot

I really hate that voice at the end. It just seems to just take all the attention away from the actually main 3-4 secs of the ad.
craigyboi

IT sounds like hes going to say MARCH 2010, but has been cut off...
seanyboyuk

has anybody tried to get any subliminal messages out of that one?
Blaze

I like it apart from the voice at the end. It should be more drawn out and a bit more threatening. Apart from that, it's a good blip.
seanyboyuk

I wonder when the hooded figures will make an appearance?
dudeybrad

[quote=""seanyboyuk""]has anybody tried to get any subliminal messages out of that one?[/quote]
I just had a check through, there are just fast flashes of the girl, in the first flash her eyes glaze over white, heres a screenshot:

[quote=""Evostance""]Has anyone noticed that the girl in blipvert 3 doesn't seem possessed like the other blipverts?[/quote]
I think she looks quite posessed!
Last edited by dudeybrad on Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SheikhSam

i've never been a fan of cgv (computer generated voices) the reason behind the 20 instead of 20th, maybe due to this, or alton forgot english language :lol: , or maybe to advertise internationally :?
im sure there's more too it [-o<
Adam

I imagine it's because recent times and in US film trailers, saying a date in that way has become the norm.

Alton Towers are just keeping up with the times. Doing what is currently acceptable in the media.
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
AstroDan

I don't like the March 20. But the rest is OK. Bring on the main one.
SheikhSam

Astro, lets hope there is a main one :cry: :P
dudeybrad

[quote=""RUBIX-KUBE""]i've never been a fan of cgv (computer generated voices) the reason behind the 20 instead of 20th, maybe due to this, or alton forgot english language :lol: , or maybe to advertise internationally :?
im sure there's more too it [-o<[/quote]
Yes, this is a very American way of saying a date. Maybe its because they've enrolled the help of influential American talent to create the ride? I mean I dont know if they have, but didn't they say that Thirteen has been created through the collaboration of "industry experts" or something to that effect? Just an idea i guess...

Brad
Johno

This last blipvert had to reveal what the others were all about.

It's main function was to link the images we'd already had, with Alton Towers and the date; and the 'new ride'.