SW6 / Thirteen - Viral Marketing/Promotional Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Bubbaride

This is a convo i had with a wraith sorry if it's too long, but it saying its not eviel just protecting their forest bassically.

:25Brendan
i juist want to know why you have always been angered
17:26Brendan
why are you not replying?
17:27Wraith
i do not wish to answer your questions...
17:27Brendan
becuase it will give infomation away about the ride?
17:27Wraith
the ride has nothing to do with us...
we are against it...
17:28Brendan
so thats why your angry :O
17:28Wraith
yes...
17:28Brendan
what has the ride done?
17:28Wraith
it has disturbed our forest...
17:29Brendan
are you mad with the people who are going to ride it?
17:30Wraith
yes...
17:30Brendan
So are you going to be inside this "crypt" and scare people?
17:36Wraith
we dont intend to scare people...
unless they disrupt our forest...
17:37Brendan
but they will be riding the ride, so they will be disrupting your forest?
17:42Wraith
yes...
Funky Monk

I've been talking to Wraith Spirit, to see if they were all linked (this one seemed more legit than the other two). I found out this...
17:32Dan
Wraith Spirit, i would like to ask you about the two other wraiths on facebook, are they real, or humans imitating you?
17:33Wraith
forest and dark...?
17:35Dan
yes
17:35Wraith
they are...
17:35Dan
they are real?
17:35Wraith
they are wraiths 10 and 11
i am head wraith 13...
17:36Dan
will we get to see the other wraiths here?
17:37Wraith
no...
we are very busy protecting our forest...
17:37Dan
are you here for our help?
17:38Wraith
an evil energy has taken over our forest...
but we must protect it...
17:40Dan
is the evil energy alton towers?
17:46Dan
Wraith Forest has commented on facebook "Ahh Spirit. The 13TH Wraith. Don't Ever Get Close To Him...". Why must we never get close to you?
17:47Wraith
we are ranked in numbers...
based on our psychological terror...
17:47Dan
should we fear you?
17:49Wraith
if you enter our forest...
17:50Dan
if i did, would i survive?
17:50Wraith
we use phycological terror, not physical...
unless you cant handle our terror...
17:51Dan
where does your forest begin?
17:52Wraith
you will see, our worshipped ground is very easy to spot...
17:52Dan
UG Land?
17:53Wraith
it is ugland no more...
we have reclaimed our land...
Who knows if it's real, but it kills time and is fairly interesting :lol:
Blaze

If it wasn't for the grammar, it would sound almost legit.

As I said before, why would these wraiths be on t'interweb if they are spirits protecting their forest? The image of a wraith typing away at a computer is actually more than a little daft.

And if they are not physical, why are they forciable reclaiming Ug Land, which was not 'their land' but now is? I understand why they would with Thirteen, but not the whole Ug Land, Ug Land did not disturb 'their land' so they wouldn't take it back.

All this is so inconsistant, not at all proffesional.

INFO ADDED

Also, if these wraiths hate Towers for building this ride, why are they fans of the park on Facebook?
bradpeet

[quote=""Blaze""]Also, if these wraiths hate Towers for building this ride, why are they fans of the park on Facebook?[/quote]

The phrase "know thine enemies" springs to mind ;)
Bubbaride

Well they aren't gonna be inside the crypt. And they are angry with me :/ And the dark one has deleted me hehe
Rollercoaster5000

They're not official, one of them swore at me lol :lol: . AT will never bring swearing into there marketing campains. Definitely an Alton fanboy. But they are really fun to converse with, really interesting. Would of been a great way for AT to promote Thirteen.
Last edited by Rollercoaster5000 on Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dmmosh1

I really wanted to enter the Boot Camp competition but I do not have a Facebook or Youtube account which meant I couldn't enter.
Last edited by dmmosh1 on Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blaze

You could always of, you know, made one?

If one of these wraiths swore, it is the final nail in their coffin, so to speak. There is no way AT would allow swearing in any marketing. At all.
AstroDan

The Wraiths on Facebook are indeed not official. Fans having a good time, more like.

:)
CJH

I come on here for Alton Towers related stuff. How is Hillsborough on topic? In a SW6/Thriteen topic?
It's like me saying. My grandad died but the sun refused to report it or made a false or a more honest opinion on it, DO NOT buy the paper.
Not being an arse, just can't see why they have to bring it up at every oportunity? It was over 20 years ago.

Any way when do you think we will see the advertisement, do you think we could possibly see Kelloggs advertising on Cornflakes etc like they did with Nemesis/Air/Oblivion.
Chris 21 Manchester
MattH

[quote=""CJH""]Any way when do you think we will see the advertisement, do you think we could possibly see Kelloggs advertising on Cornflakes etc like they did with Nemesis/Air/Oblivion.[/quote]

Its gotta be over the next coming week, and they could well put more advertising on cornflakes, just to up publicity

and in terms of the sun thing, I DID start that and am sorry about it, i shoulda looked for a more suitable area first #-o
MattH

i fully respect what happened that fateful day, and am only getting the paper for the tickets, as i have no other way of getting tickets without paying full price.
Blaze

There is always a way to get them cheap, if you know where to look :wink:
MattH

fact is, i cba to look :P
but i think this convo should end here, and we should really get back on topic

it wouldnt suprise me if the advertising did start this coming week, however, it would suprise me if they didnt, i mean, people need to find out about the ride, besides reading 'that news paper' and the facebook wraiths will never give info about it yet, hell, they probs wont give us any info at all, so i expect adverts to start very soon.
Brett

the wraiths are getting pathetic, and i keep noticing theres more and more, obviously copies of the first 3 wraiths

like the "new" wraith dark put a nice little smiley in a photo caption XD "wraith...i think not"
even if there fans the most interesting ones are wraith spirit and forest.
MattH

[quote=""Brett""]even if there fans the most interesting ones are wraith spirit and forest.[/quote]
agreed, the spirit seems the most reliable to the story, so yeah :P
Funky Monk

Spirit said there would only be them three on facebook, wraiths 10, 11 and 13. Jeez, I don't know whether to carry on with this wraith business...
Bubbaride

I wouldn't coz every time i have asked if he was a fan he went off line... and i've been deleted by dark and spirit for being too annoying
Brett

you were deleted...?

ive gave them some stick and ive not been deleted, so you must have pushed it abit far XD

i wont be giving up on them, as one of them might know a thing or two :P
Vik

Little bit more PR for Thirteen, this time courtesy of This is Gloucestershire :-

Naked rollercoaster man at bootcamp
A ROLLERCOASTER champion from Churchdown has his eyes firmly on the prize after being selected for a gruelling boot camp to be one of the first people to take on a new ride at Alton Towers.

Richard Jones, who is well-known for being a world record holder for going on rollercoaster rides naked, has been selected as one of 30 people that could tackle 'Thirteen' – but this time he's keeping his clothes on.

The 27-year-old, of Sandfield Road, said: "I had to do a video diary to be chosen to go to boot camp and luckily I was chosen.

"There are 30 people going along next Tuesday and Wednesday and then 20 will be selected to ride 'Thirteen' while the other 10 will go home.

"We have to go and stay but we don't know what we will be doing. There will probably be a 2am start and there will be plenty of challenges and tests to see if we are up to it."

The ride has been developed with the world's leading coaster and thrill consultants who have collaborated to combine the ultimate elements of physical and psychological fear – to create what experts are dubbing a 'psychocoaster'.

In May 2004, Richard was joined by 112 others wearing nothing but a smile at Thorpe Park's Nemesis Inferno rollercoaster to be recognised by Guinness World Records as part of the world's largest naked rollercoaster ride.

A second ride in the flesh at Alton Towers gave him the unique title of naked roller coaster world record holder.

Since then he has tackled a total of 288 rides around the world and he thinks 'Thirteen' will add to his impressive collection.

Richard, who works as a supervisor at Morrisons in Up Hatherley, said: "I am looking forward to it. I'm not doing any specific training but I think I will enjoy it whatever we do.

"I just hope I am chosen to ride it. If I am chosen we will ride it next week and be filmed for the advert before it opens to the public on March 20."

To follow Richard's progress visit [url=http://www.facebook.com/altontowersresort" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.facebook.com/altontowersresort[/url].
Source
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel