SW6 Construction

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Kaycee

Welcome to the SW6 Construction topic. Please use this topic for all construction updates (including photos) and general discussion surrounding construction.

As mentioned in the sub-forum guidelines, this topic will be heavily moderated by the team, particularly in time of increased forum traffic as construction continues. As a result, please ensure that you are contributing to ongoing discussion, and not simply posting for the sake of it. Any posts which are considered to be irrelevant to the ongoing discussion will be deleted.

Before posting, please think whether your post is suited to this topic, or whether it would be more suitable in one of the other SW6 topics within this forum.

The sub forum and the topics within it are currently being run on a trial basis. You may find topics are reorganised or renamed or removed altogether over time.

As always, if you have any feedback regarding the forum, please use the TT News and Your Views forum.

:D
Joe Koopa

Picture's so far, so people don't need to browse through lots of the old SW6 topic, again sorry if this is considred spammy-

With thanks to Russel for the pictures, I'll be visting May half-term, and hope to take some pictures but don't count on it. :)
JakFrontier

Theres a big blue thing with sealife 6 on site today
Craig

[quote=""JakFrontier""]Theres a big blue thing with sealife 6 on site today[/quote]

I'm assuming by blue thing you mean shipping container? Do you mean on site as in where the construction site is or next to the bus car park behind sealife? If its the latter, its been there for the construction of the sealife centre, nothing to do with SW6 I'm afraid!

Edit: Scratch that it seems that as Wes said its been moved to the construction site - exciting stuff :D
Wes

It was said that they are using the Seal Life shipping container as a site office at the moment.
jayson2125

seems alittle strange that the container used just happens to be SEALIFE 6..pics at :

[url=http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/jayson212 ... directlink" target="_blank]http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/jayson212 ... directlink[/url]

Many many thanks to Lewis97 for my signature file.
Magical Ryan

I would say this confirms that the project name is secret weapon 6, as I dont think alton would choose the sealife 6 container by accident. Anyway I think that secret weapon 6 must be massive if they are bringing contruction workers in on tuesday! :D
jam&lob

But if it was the one used for the sealife centre then it makes sense to use it for SW6, so I dont think it necessarily means that the code name is confirmed.
Please visit The Online Games Directory
http://www.freewebs.com/togd/
davidaiow

It was confirmed last week by a member of this forum who contacted AT was it not?

Exciting stuff. I would love to see if they try to mask construction. Half of me hopes they do. I really want this to be a surprise, but at the same time, I wish that I knew all about it!
jam&lob

I have to say that I hope that they don't mask the construction, apart from the enclosed section in the station. - That is the secret bit.
Please visit The Online Games Directory
http://www.freewebs.com/togd/
James

[quote=""davidaiow""]It was confirmed last week by a member of this forum who contacted AT was it not?[/quote]

Ding Dong, that was me, I got in contact with Rachael Lockitt PR manager and she told me that the project is called SW6 and also told me we will have a press release later this year.

For me the construction is the most exciting part, I don't think we will know anything about the underground part and I could see them covering this part up as they want to keep it a secret for as long as possible.
Ash

Well theyve got to construct a large helix shaped trench regardless. I cant see it lasting too long will we know exactly what happens in that building.

So when are we going to see real construction on site? I thought it was meant to start last week?
And.

[quote=""Magical Ryan""]I would say this confirms that the project name is secret weapon 6, as I dont think alton would choose the sealife 6 container by accident. Anyway I think that secret weapon 6 must be massive if they are bringing contruction workers in on tuesday! :D[/quote]

Sea Life 6 container...

Secret Weapon 6

The word coincidence comes to mind.

It's a shame that there's that little information about this project that people are putting 1+1 together and coming up with 666. That said though, I personally wouldn't want any major info about the project anyway - keeps an air of mystery around the whole thing that way.
FallenAbyss

Thought you might like a few photos ... not much going on at the moment but watch this space ;-)

Looking in from the Rita queueline:

And then from the Burger King smoking area ... this access road leads to the site office (note some of the tree felling)
Javs

Great pics! Thanks FallenAbyss.

It is a much bigger area than the plans would have you believe. Having looked back at the Oblivion plans and to some extent the Air plans. The scale of this coaster is on a par with both.

Look forward to seeing some digging soon!
Jon

looking at what Ug Land is like without Corkscrew, to me it seems a bit mental that they didn't begin the process of improving Rita. Seeing as Rita is the only ride in the area, the park can't possibly have more of a blank canvas to work with her. I'm not talking about rethemeing, which is best saved for when the new coaster is build, I'm talking about rerouting Rita's queueline and placing some generic infastructure to the station. It would help take the weight off their task list for next year as well as making Rita more pleasant for guests this year.
Formerly "Dagoo"
Chris1

One of the best things they could do with that space empty at the moment is do something to cover the scaffolding currently propping up Rita's platform...

It's even more of an eyesore since the Corkscrews departure...
Jonnyc

[quote=""Magical Ryan""]I would say this confirms that the project name is secret weapon 6, as I dont think alton would choose the sealife 6 container by accident. Anyway I think that secret weapon 6 must be massive if they are bringing contruction workers in on tuesday! :D[/quote]

Any 1 know if they have started construction yet as the rumor was they wer due to start yesterday :)
JakFrontier

From Sunday

seanyboyuk

Hmmm im sure things will pick up just be patient!

Do you think the ride will open on the 1st day of the season or will it be in the summer?